U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-26-2019, 05:59 PM
 
Location: Caribbean
7,774 posts, read 2,478,668 times
Reputation: 2781

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Watch the video in the link in OP. It’s the last thing they say before the video ends.
Thanks, you’re right. The articles are changing now. Saw one say that they teens are as young as 13 now but leaving the ages open.

They found one and he is 17. He is being charged with aggravated assault.

https://wtop.com/dc/2019/07/police-1...side-dc-hotel/

Hopefully they will find the rest soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-26-2019, 06:03 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 27 days ago)
 
48,358 posts, read 45,635,579 times
Reputation: 15410
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Thanks, you’re right. The articles are changing now. Saw one say that they teens are as young as 13 now but leaving the ages open.

They found one and he is 17. He is being charged with aggravated assault.

https://wtop.com/dc/2019/07/police-1...side-dc-hotel/

Hopefully they will find the rest soon.
Let's hope they do find the other persons involved. They deserve to be in prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2019, 06:05 PM
 
9,978 posts, read 6,911,524 times
Reputation: 4230
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Whites should start taking to the streets and burn up businesses and cars and stuff like the others do when there’s an attack of some sort. It seems anymore causing destruction and terror gets people to listen up, oh wait, this is against the law. Crap.












https://www.honus.fr/les-emeutes-a-detroit-en-1984
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2019, 06:08 PM
 
Location: Russia
75 posts, read 9,376 times
Reputation: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
We have something like that, sports riots.

oh you are trying to pivot to those again?


This thread is -not- about sports riots, neither was the other one you were trying so hard to hijack the topic of.


The villians need to found and prosecuted in each case but I am concerned that the investigations will be brought to a halt/dropped because "racist"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2019, 06:11 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 27 days ago)
 
48,358 posts, read 45,635,579 times
Reputation: 15410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Detroit, 1984, after the Detroit Tigers won the World Series. One person died in that riot. And it wouldn't be the last time someone died during a sports riot.

By the way, that was the last time the Tigers won the World Series. The Tigers would only appear in the playoffs one more time in the 20th century, in 1987. After that, no more playoff appearances until 2006. They've only gone back to the World Series twice since 1984 (2006, 2012), losing to the Cardinals (who only won 83 games that year) and the Giants, respectively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2019, 06:14 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 27 days ago)
 
48,358 posts, read 45,635,579 times
Reputation: 15410
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
oh you are trying to pivot to those again?


This thread is -not- about sports riots, neither was the other one you were trying so hard to hijack the topic of.


The villians need to found and prosecuted in each case but I am concerned that the investigations will be brought to a halt/dropped because "racist"
No. Someone said White people needed to riot. I responded by saying that there are instances when White people riot. And it often happens after sports championships. Yes, I'll talk about sports riots when the time comes. If it's bothersome for you, well, too bad. I know this isn't about sports riots. I merely brought it up because there have been recent riots that have been started by White people.

I never once said those villains shouldn't face justice. I've said they need to face justice. Go look up my posts and then try to prove me wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2019, 06:16 PM
 
Location: USA
18,251 posts, read 9,006,697 times
Reputation: 13702
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Thanks, you’re right. The articles are changing now. Saw one say that they teens are as young as 13 now but leaving the ages open.

They found one and he is 17. He is being charged with aggravated assault.

https://wtop.com/dc/2019/07/police-1...side-dc-hotel/

Hopefully they will find the rest soon.
The ones kicking and stomping on his head when he was down, and unconscious need to be charged with attempted murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2019, 06:17 PM
 
9,978 posts, read 6,911,524 times
Reputation: 4230
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Detroit, 1984, after the Detroit Tigers won the World Series. One person died in that riot. And it wouldn't be the last time someone died during a sports riot.

By the way, that was the last time the Tigers won the World Series. The Tigers would only appear in the playoffs one more time in the 20th century, in 1987. After that, no more playoff appearances until 2006. They've only gone back to the World Series twice since 1984 (2006, 2012), losing to the Cardinals (who only won 83 games that year) and the Giants, respectively.

It was WAY more stuff going on that night than reported. I was in high school then and remember. It was crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2019, 06:46 PM
 
Location: alexandria, VA
9,610 posts, read 4,388,114 times
Reputation: 5348
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Thanks, you’re right. The articles are changing now. Saw one say that they teens are as young as 13 now but leaving the ages open.

They found one and he is 17. He is being charged with aggravated assault.

https://wtop.com/dc/2019/07/police-1...side-dc-hotel/

Hopefully they will find the rest soon.
This should crack the case open. Tell this 17 year old to cooperate and tell the investigators what they want to know and maybe catch a break. Clam up and be looking at serious hard time. Cops and prosecutors need to play hardball with these punks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2019, 07:50 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 27 days ago)
 
48,358 posts, read 45,635,579 times
Reputation: 15410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
It was WAY more stuff going on that night than reported. I was in high school then and remember. It was crazy.
I was born in 1986. All I know is what was reported. What I do know is that it was violent and became deadly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top