U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 07:44 AM

9,974 posts, read 6,909,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
When a group of people feel they are oppressed....their perceived oppressors will live in constant fear of attack.

Bingo. Which is why there has been so much historical effort to make it seem like what happened to blacks was to their Benefit. Many people like to suggest that blacks were better of in America than in Africa, which implies that what happened to blacks in America was not oppression, but actually an improvement.

Its all about trying to control how black people "feel" about what happened to them in America.
Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:44 AM

2,155 posts, read 781,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
This has been posted already. Other articles said the teens were 13 -14 years olds. It makes me wonder if the teens were visiting from out of town. Either way, that is very late for them to be out in the DuPont Circle area with no supervision. It also looks like a couple of the teens, particularly girls, may not be black. So don’t be so quick label this as racial.
In the video they say that the teens are NOT 13 or 14 years old as originally reported. They are now believed to be “older teens”.

Old Yesterday, 08:03 AM

5,255 posts, read 2,801,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
Stand your ground + CCW + "teens" = race riots.
Could be but the way these people are behaving they are like rabid dogs.

Old Yesterday, 08:29 AM

48,354 posts, read 45,626,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
Stand your ground + CCW + "teens" = race riots.
We've been having race riots for years. Racial tensions have basically been a big part of America, sadly.

Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM

7,765 posts, read 2,472,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
In the video they say that the teens are NOT 13 or 14 years old as originally reported. They are now believed to be “older teens”.
The article says 13 and 14. Which video are you referring to?

Quote:
Police described the attackers as juveniles, both girls and boys ages 13 and 14, who were wearing black clothing.

Old Yesterday, 08:43 AM

8,922 posts, read 7,998,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sounds a bit desperate to link the actions of 13 yr old street punks to politics. What did the attackers mean by "that's him"? Seems clear they were looking for someone for pay-back and got the wrong guy. Either way, they will pay for their crime.

I would say a lot more than "a bit", but I agree with you 100%.

Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM

12,003 posts, read 17,532,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Some FYI...black youth are not watching CNN, MSNBC, etc, etc. They are on Instagram and other social media. In other words....THEY ARE NOT LISTENING TO WHAT YOU ARE LISTENING TOO!!

It keeps coming back to this idea that blacks are being led to feel and think a certain way by others. Before you came up with SJW....you were saying that blacks were being led by Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

Let me hip you to something. BLack people are not following anybody. The only person who captivated black peoples attention recently has been Obama. That is over with. Aside from Obama, the only person that has pull with black males in the country is Farrakhan. For dam sure black people are not listening to white SJW.

I ..... agree with you! Seriously.

I doubt the mindless thugs in the video watch any news program. Not cable, national, or local. And they don't give a crap about limp-wristed, white liberals trying to make them better citizens- a fool's errand if there ever was one.

Nope. This is yet another example of Nihilism, pure and simple. Violence for the sake of violence. It's not Jackson or Sharpton's fault. It's on the morons who pumped these kids out and then did NOTHING to raise them correctly. And bigoted fools like you who cheer this kind of thing on.

Let me ask you something, Indentured Servant: Is anyone in your community man enough to fight one on one? Seems incidents always feature either a group of blacks pounding on one or two people completely out of their league or whipping the 9 millimeters out and blasting away.

Low IQ cowards, all of them.

Old Yesterday, 08:54 AM

1,911 posts, read 2,187,699 times
Pretty pathetic that people would politicize something like this, some people have no shame. In case you didn't know violent attacks occur everyday in this world that has nothing to do with politics. Obama, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Hillary Clinton and no other "leftist" had anything to do with this attack, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure this out. Please give some of what your smoking that has you thinking that a race war will start, or on the other hand maybe you are want one to start!!

Old Yesterday, 08:57 AM

21,000 posts, read 10,139,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No one said it was deserved, but there is always a reason. Like I said I do not condone violence. In this case it seems clear the teens were looking for someone who had done or said something to them. Maybe they got the wrong guy, and maybe they didn't, but it is an assault either way. If you disrespect the wrong people, you might end up with a broken nose, and the guy who broke it will pay the price. Its just the way the cookie crumbles. Most people know this, and try to be respectful.

Pulling the race card and playing the victim and/or playing partisan politics over something like this is childish, but that's what the OP has chosen to do.
You've lost ALL credibility with this.

So you're saying the pregnant woman standing on the el in Chicago who said/did nothing to anyone and was punched in the face - maybe she wasn't attractive enough.

The guy who was asked for a cigarette and said he didn't smoke, and was then beaten - well, I guess the reason is - he didn't have a smoke.

The guy who was told to hand over everything he had, and did, and was then knocked on his behind where he was kicked repeatedly - maybe he didn't hand it over fast enough.

The woman who was told to give up her phone, later to be sexually assaulted by the guy who took it, I guess she should have had a more recent model or something.

This kind of thing happens multiple times every day in Chicago.

You are bat **** crazy to state there's always a reason.

Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM

6,663 posts, read 3,707,485 times
OP's feeble attempt to link this event to any political ideology is ridiculous and embarrassing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or