U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM
 
Location: Houston
22,628 posts, read 11,646,542 times
Reputation: 9172

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
We have equal rights in this country. There are precisely zero laws that discriminate based on race, we have the most fair justice system in the world. Which is why tens of millions of would be minorities are trying to migrate here. The most successful ethnicities in this country are minorities(East Asians, Arabics, Persians, Pacific Islanders). What you’re advocating for is equal outcomes which can not be achieved, people will end up dead(as we saw during the 20th century when a bunch of countries tried it). Yes I am concerned with being “knocked down” by the government that is oppression and unlawful and doesn’t work.
Actually whites and Asians are frequently systematically discriminated against especially in education.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 25 days ago)
 
48,354 posts, read 45,626,606 times
Reputation: 15403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The police should track down these "youths" like the animals they are. Maybe a bounty should be put on their heads.
Why not just treat them like you treat any other criminals?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:33 AM
 
Location: USA
18,203 posts, read 8,998,879 times
Reputation: 13640
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Why not just treat them like you treat any other criminals?
Because these are VIOLENT criminals committing random acts of violence and need to be brought to justice, and receive harsh penalties to send a message that this behavior is unacceptable in society.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:43 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,821 posts, read 9,411,735 times
Reputation: 5286
Squads fault.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM
 
1,377 posts, read 331,684 times
Reputation: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Nice straw man. About 95% of blacks in this country are descendants of enslaved Africans in the Western Hemisphere, at the hands of people who originated in Europe. That group includes immigrants from the Caribbean. About 85% of blacks are descended from Africans enslaved in America, by people whose origin in European. 100 years following the end of slavery was 100 years of legal racial apartheid, lynchings, castrations, bombings, rapes, murders, discrimination, segregation, racial degradation, racial humiliation, ect. Indeed, since 1619 to 2019 (400 years) 86% of that time was under legalized racial oppression of one form or another. My father lived lived half his life under legalized racial oppression. When my father was a youth....his grand father, who was born into slavery, lived with them. Don't try to make these seem like the era of dinosaurs.



There is no year that you can point to where racist views of blacks, held by whites, ended. We have gone 346 years with vocalized and legalized racism....followed by the current era of denying that anything done to blacks is motivated partly or in whole by race. We are in the era where blacks are supposed to accept that 346 years of thinking badly about blacks.....ended suddenly in 1965 when civil rights laws were passed to end all legalized forms of racial discrimination. If law can end racism.....why can't laws end crime? Racial oppression NEVER ended, it just lessened and morphed into different tactics and strategies....one being guerilla racism (under cover racism) where racist seek not to be exposed as racist, but rather, blend in and attack in stealth.



Actions create equal and opposite reactions. This is why this society inherently fears blacks. What is the equal and opposite reaction to all the abuse blacks have endured because of their race? This is what people FEAR. This is one of the reasons why this is such a gun loving society. Its not just the fear of the government and to protect themselves from the government. People want guns partly because they FEAR blacks trying to do what was done to them. However, I can't read the minds of other black people but this nation has successfully turned blacks upon themselves. That was the result of efforts of agencies like the FBI in reaction to the black militancy movement of the 1960s. That is when drugs flooded into black community. Just research what this country does to destabilize other countries that they feel are a "threat". Its the same things that they have practiced internally.
What does that have to do with collective condemnation of all whites, most of whose ancestors, let alone them, had nothing to do with any of that? Its like me pounting out that because black men rape white women, you as a black man.should share accountability for that by merely being black.

Myself my mother left me at the hospital and I was raised by the county until 18mos. I was adopted but they tired of me by age 14 where I was made a ward of the courts. I was in group homes in the SF bay area in the 70s with blacks and asians and given no opportunities they did not have. I dont know who my parents are nor will ever inherit a plantation.
You tell me I am supposed to feel any responsibility for any actions hundreds of years ago by people I had nothing to do with MERELY BECAUSE MY SKIN COLOR MIGHT RESEMBLE THEIRS.

Rationalize that that is not just stupidly racist.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM
 
9,070 posts, read 2,805,709 times
Reputation: 5535
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Hey Dims you race baiters I hope youre proud of yourselves. Just keep up and you’re going to start a major race war.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-sea...ry?id=64570303
Is there a link that shows the Dems were the problem? I don't think so.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM
 
1,377 posts, read 331,684 times
Reputation: 728
And further as I mentioned it was the actions of whites that ended slavery. If all whites were engaged in oppressing blacks for 400 years youd be a slave right now. Obviously thats not the case and many if not most whites were against slavery, discrimination, etc. Just as its true that many blacks lived in situations or areas where there was no undue discrimination. How can you collectively condemn the white ancestors of the people who broke up the KKK? The people who voiced outrage at the lynching of Emmitt Till? The people who marched for civil rights for blacks? Are you going to paint your hateful brush upon the children of LBJ and the Kennedys too?
When are you going to realize that by dividing sides merely by race you do nothing but doom individuals? Your message tells blacks they can achieve nothing and blame others. And blame others who never hurt them the slightest bit. When does this end? Why dont you realize society has never held children accountable for the actions of their parents? And some of us dont even know who ours are.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:33 AM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
6,866 posts, read 3,431,541 times
Reputation: 2911
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
And further as I mentioned it was the actions of whites that ended slavery. If all whites were engaged in oppressing blacks for 400 years youd be a slave right now. Obviously thats not the case and many if not most whites were against slavery, discrimination, etc. Just as its true that many blacks lived in situations or areas where there was no undue discrimination. How can you collectively condemn the white ancestors of the people who broke up the KKK? The people who voiced outrage at the lynching of Emmitt Till? The people who marched for civil rights for blacks? Are you going to paint your hateful brush upon the children of LBJ and the Kennedys too?
When are you going to realize that by dividing sides merely by race you do nothing but doom individuals? Your message tells blacks they can achieve nothing and blame others. And blame others who never hurt them the slightest bit. When does this end? Why dont you realize society has never held children accountable for the actions of their parents? And some of us dont even know who ours are.
Again... you're making this rant on a thread accusing half the country of hating White people. Is there an exception for White people to blame other people's racism for their shortcomings?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM
 
1,377 posts, read 331,684 times
Reputation: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Is there a link that shows the Dems were the problem? I don't think so.
Not all democrats but many of them do engage in race baiting for political capital. They made it part of the platform.
Consider this. Trayvon Martin is raised in a society which tells him he should be angry with white men. That if he was followed it was solely because of the color of his skin not because he fit the description of real suspects in a real crime wave. The fact is Zimmerman called police 52 times in 2 years and over half the calls involved suspicious whites.
So Trayvon is told to get angry at whites because theyre all racist. Zimmerman follows him and Trayvon is so offended he brutally assaults Zimmerman, essentially resorting to ghetto justice.
Zimmerman legally kills him.

Did race baiting help Trayvon Martin?

Will continuing to tell blacks that all whites oppress them, improve their situation? Will the chip on their shoulder be obvious to their prospective white employer?

Will telling blacks they should distrust or even get angry with police, lead to less shootings?

Youre in denial if you think so.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 25 days ago)
 
48,354 posts, read 45,626,606 times
Reputation: 15403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Because these are VIOLENT criminals committing random acts of violence and need to be brought to justice, and receive harsh penalties to send a message that this behavior is unacceptable in society.
Treat them like you treat other violent criminals then. Yes, bring them to justice. But treating them as if they're worse than other violent criminals, no.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top