Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 09:33 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,791,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I was on several "crime in your area" type FB pages, centered mostly in Detroit and the surrounding areas. I was absolutely floored at the hatred , mostly for the Police but also white people, and in many occasions those of their own color, that's when terms I never knew existed started to get thrown around.
I finally quite those pages, just too much , even for me.

This happened recently, and some of the posts actually blamed the white kid... How are we going to get the culture to change in the inner cities ?

Video shows Berkley man beaten to death after early morning car crash on Detroit's west side - Story | WJBK

And the total disrespect for police , and an unchecked officer cause this dog to die.

https://youtu.be/pc5_dm6Sy4U
There are a lot of liberals who believe that white people should “be made to feel uncomfortable” that we should correct the wrongs of the past by oppressing white people. “Mayor Pete” just referenced this at a campaign event. This in action will without a doubt create racism, create racists out of the mostly color blind white majority in this country. Hopefully the courts will strike down any laws aimed at achieving this if we get a leftist majority at the federal level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 09:35 AM

5,730 posts, read 2,190,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I was on several "crime in your area" type FB pages, centered mostly in Detroit and the surrounding areas. I was absolutely floored at the hatred , mostly for the Police but also white people, and in many occasions those of their own color, that's when terms I never knew existed started to get thrown around.
I finally quite those pages, just too much , even for me.

This happened recently, and some of the posts actually blamed the white kid... How are we going to get the culture to change in the inner cities ?

Video shows Berkley man beaten to death after early morning car crash on Detroit's west side - Story | WJBK

And the total disrespect for police , and an unchecked officer cause this dog to die.

https://youtu.be/pc5_dm6Sy4U
This is terrible. At least it seems they have ID’d the murderer

Old 07-26-2019, 09:36 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,791,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
The article says 13 and 14. Which video are you referring to?
Watch the video in the link in OP. It’s the last thing they say before the video ends.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:38 AM

14,766 posts, read 8,093,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Hey Dims you race baiters I hope youre proud of yourselves. Just keep up and you’re going to start a major race war.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-sea...ry?id=64570303

You think somehow violence by young teenager street thugs, is Politically Motivated??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sounds a bit desperate to link the actions of 13 yr old street punks to politics. What did the attackers mean by "that's him"? Seems clear they were looking for someone for pay-back and got the wrong guy. Either way, they will pay for their crime.
Exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
So now every criminal act is now political and/or racist when 99% of the time its just bad people doing bad things while those with an agenda try to twist it to suit.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Maybe Trump should tell them to go back where they came from. Those words are always so uniting.

If there is growing unrest and division in this country, look no further than a guy with orange skin and bad hair.
Exactly.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:38 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
This is terrible. At least it seems they have ID’d the murderer

Yeah, it's just a matter of time before they find the coward. Although if they don't, chances are he will never live past 30, the hood will get him.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:42 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Maybe Trump should tell them to go back where they came from. Those words are always so uniting.

If there is growing unrest and division in this country, look no further than a guy with orange skin and bad hair.
pack of thugs attack man, stomp on his head, and spit in his face.

don: orange man bad!

Old 07-26-2019, 09:47 AM

14,766 posts, read 8,093,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
There are a lot of liberals who believe that white people should “be made to feel uncomfortable” that we should correct the wrongs of the past by oppressing white people. “Mayor Pete” just referenced this at a campaign event. This in action will without a doubt create racism, create racists out of the mostly color blind white majority in this country. Hopefully the courts will strike down any laws aimed at achieving this if we get a leftist majority at the federal level.
Just because someone wants equal rights does not mean that they want to "Oppress" White people.
Just because some feel that every race should have the same advantages and privileges does not mean they are trying
to oppress you.
Sounds like maybe some people don't like the idea of being knocked off of their pedestal with all the advantages that they have had for so long, just to end up on equal footing with someone else.

Quote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created Equal.
Good words.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:51 AM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sounds a bit desperate to link the actions of 13 yr old street punks to politics.
Well, I've seen overly political teachers preach victimhood to black students. After years it has to have some sort of impact on their psyche to be told over and over how everything is out to get you and keep you down, white privilege, etc... Why try your best academically when you are taught that the entire system is rigged against you based on pigment? And then when you fail academically, after not trying due to racism, it is a self-fulfilling prophecy. I failed, because the world is out to get me.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:51 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
The Left, including all the Democrat candidates want us DIVIDED. This is the genesis of the White Guilt, and Hate Whitey campaign currently being promoted by the Democrats, and the Media. The more they can demonize White people, and specifically White Males the more they can create an environment of hate and divisiveness.

They are not about Inclusiveness unless you are a self loathing, Far Left Progressive, or a person of color, a "woke" woman, LGBT, Muslim, etc.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:56 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Slavery ended 7 generations ago. Many of Americas whites/non blacks didnt even have ancestors in the country at that time yet and thus could have no association with slavery. Hundreds of thousands of white Americans died to end slavery. You bleat on and on about racism while you preach this insane philosophy about all whites being collectively evil with their only personal sin being the color of skin they were born with.
Do people like you think you should be taken seriously?
What exactly do you think this country and white people owe you when no one alive today was involved with either end of this ****?

Nice straw man. About 95% of blacks in this country are descendants of enslaved Africans in the Western Hemisphere, at the hands of people who originated in Europe. That group includes immigrants from the Caribbean. About 85% of blacks are descended from Africans enslaved in America, by people whose origin in European. 100 years following the end of slavery was 100 years of legal racial apartheid, lynchings, castrations, bombings, rapes, murders, discrimination, segregation, racial degradation, racial humiliation, ect. Indeed, since 1619 to 2019 (400 years) 86% of that time was under legalized racial oppression of one form or another. My father lived lived half his life under legalized racial oppression. When my father was a youth....his grand father, who was born into slavery, lived with them. Don't try to make these seem like the era of dinosaurs.

There is no year that you can point to where racist views of blacks, held by whites, ended. We have gone 346 years with vocalized and legalized racism....followed by the current era of denying that anything done to blacks is motivated partly or in whole by race. We are in the era where blacks are supposed to accept that 346 years of thinking badly about blacks.....ended suddenly in 1965 when civil rights laws were passed to end all legalized forms of racial discrimination. If law can end racism.....why can't laws end crime? Racial oppression NEVER ended, it just lessened and morphed into different tactics and strategies....one being guerilla racism (under cover racism) where racist seek not to be exposed as racist, but rather, blend in and attack in stealth.

Actions create equal and opposite reactions. This is why this society inherently fears blacks. What is the equal and opposite reaction to all the abuse blacks have endured because of their race? This is what people FEAR. This is one of the reasons why this is such a gun loving society. Its not just the fear of the government and to protect themselves from the government. People want guns partly because they FEAR blacks trying to do what was done to them. However, I can't read the minds of other black people but this nation has successfully turned blacks upon themselves. That was the result of efforts of agencies like the FBI in reaction to the black militancy movement of the 1960s. That is when drugs flooded into black community. Just research what this country does to destabilize other countries that they feel are a "threat". Its the same things that they have practiced internally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies