Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 09:59 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Hate is a relative term.. jsut becuse you think its hate, does not mean anyone else does
Perhaps you missed it, but very commonly around here Trump supporters accuse Trump critics of hate.

The charge is so frequent and coming from so many different persons that it seems like projecting. I don't know another explanation for it. People who know hate (resentment, fear, anger) and live with it, can assume that everyone else is motivated the same way and project that upon them. They 'love' Trump, so people who criticize him must 'hate' Trump.

I don't think Trump is as hate filled himself, he is personally arrogant of course but more than anything else apathetic and emotionally neutral, still he knows what buttons to push, he knows his marks. Trump works on ways to exploit petty resentments and fears, building them up ... he is a hatemonger.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:16 AM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
More and more are finally starting to realize the truth. Others never will.
Which truth is that? That the President isn't a perfect human being?

Here's the truth that those "#resist"ing the President has never acknowledged, and probably never will.

Donald Trump has been a public figure for decades. EVERYONE knew who he was already, except for the gullible kids - the younger generation.

Those gullible kids were successfully sold, as part of a larger cultural package, on the idea that Trump is "literally Hitler," and that those who voted for him are "racist," "sexist," "homophobic" (Trump is the first president to support gay marriage at the time of taking office), "xenophobic," etc. None of it's true. None of it.

We laugh. We know who we are. We know who he is. We've known for decades.

He's the same person he's always been. We're the same people we've always been. Y'all are the ones who have gone bat-**** crazy, and way off the deep end.

The truth? The truth is that Trump isn't perfect. Neither are you. What he is, is who we needed, more or less, at a critical time in our history.

I voted for him in 2016, and unless something rather dramatic happens to change my mind, I'll be voting for him again in 2020.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:16 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Long time Trump champion, Fox New's Judge Napolitano has condemned the president for "unleashing a torrent of hatred" in his ongoing attacks on four Congresswomen of color, stating that "when the president defies these moral and constitutional norms and tells women of color to "Go back," he raises a terrifying specter."

The specter is not hatred for ideas but for the people who embrace those ideas, as well as a dog whistle for groups around the country that hatred is "back in fashion." And when the hatred comes from a shameless president, we have a problem.

It looks like the judge is done carrying this president's water. I wonder if any other Fox personalities will join him?

I jest, of course. They are all still on their knees before the king.
I strongly disagree with you and with Napolitano. Trump hates what these women say and stand for. He has never even mentioned "their color."

Ilhan Omar, one of "the four," is poison. She deserves every bit of criticism. Just watch this exchange. Observe her smugness, and how she sets this man up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZvtMyeUhNc

This is typical of her attacks.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:21 AM

57,232 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Napolitano has been a NeverTrumper from Day 1 but you know it doesn't take much these days to get dRATs all worked up and excited about nothingburgers.
That’s not true at all, I could dig out some praise of Trump over the last 2 years but that would be a waste of time. It wasn’t until the last few weeks that he offered any criticism.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:37 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Long time Trump champion, Fox New's Judge Napolitano has condemned the president for "unleashing a torrent of hatred" in his ongoing attacks on four Congresswomen of color, stating that "when the president defies these moral and constitutional norms and tells women of color to "Go back," he raises a terrifying specter."

The specter is not hatred for ideas but for the people who embrace those ideas, as well as a dog whistle for groups around the country that hatred is "back in fashion." And when the hatred comes from a shameless president, we have a problem.

It looks like the judge is done carrying this president's water. I wonder if any other Fox personalities will join him?

Napolitano is a strict libertarian and often does NOT side with Trump and other republicans, nothing new.

Just goes to debunk the liberal claim that ALL FOX people are repubs and conservatives.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:40 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Once again showing Fox News is the most fair and balanced network out there. I have seem Shepherd Smith, Neil Cavuto, Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, Juan Williams, Napolitano, and others go on anti Trump rants from time to time, criticizing the President.

In addition, Fox always has guest representatives from Left to espouse their views. Always.

Last edited by Pilot1; 07-26-2019 at 11:00 AM..

Old 07-26-2019, 10:52 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:

He will always have Hannity.

Old 07-26-2019, 11:21 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Im not sure how you can equate wanting to know where someone was born as some how being racist..please enlighten us..
No other president was ever questioned about their being born in the U.S. before. None.

Old 07-26-2019, 11:27 AM

6,734 posts, read 4,413,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
You are too funny, and not qualified to post about politics.

80% of Napolitano's legal forecasts are anti-Trump.
I noticed how left-wingers have no idea who works for Fox News.

They spend all their time watching CNN and they assume Fox News must be full of Trump supporters just because CNN is full of Trump haters....
The most vicious debates are on Fox News, because their analysts are often anti-Trump, so there are plenty of disagreements.

Not true. I've see Napolitano on other stations and commenting on countless other cases for years. He knows the law and when it is challenged.

Old 07-26-2019, 11:44 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Napolitano is a strict libertarian and often does NOT side with Trump and other republicans, nothing new.

Just goes to debunk the liberal claim that ALL FOX people are repubs and conservatives.
Very true. I do not agree with Napolitano on many of his positions.

Then there's Sheppard Smith, a complete liberal to the core. A joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies