Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 07:31 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times

Advertisements

omar has a seat in congress? that's weird. I thought she was just a twitter troll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 07:32 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
omar has a seat in congress? that's weird. I thought she was just a twitter troll.
Lol...you might be on to something.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...you might be on to something.
I'm being dead serious. I personally think twitter should be banned for all politicians. but some of the new democrats in congress need to realize they were elected to represent a district, and not troll trump on twitter. it's embarrassing all around.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I'm being dead serious. I personally think twitter should be banned for all politicians. but some of the new democrats in congress need to realize they were elected to represent a district, and not troll trump on twitter. it's embarrassing all around.
Fish rot from the head.

Who is the Twitterer and Chief right now?

Maybe he should set a better example. His predecessor knew better and avoided such behavior.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Fish rot from the head.

Who is the Twitterer and Chief right now?

Maybe he should set a better example. His predecessor knew better and avoided such behavior.
did I not say it was embarrassing all around? he's included. the democrats are going to rue the day they decided to fight crazy with crazy. it's not a contest.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:39 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think Trump should hire her for one of his staff positions ! She is PERFECT !!
She should head The United States Office of Government Ethics (OGE)

Old 07-26-2019, 07:42 PM

162 posts, read 107,810 times
Quote:
So.

I’ll deal with the damage. Worry about your party.
Which party is my party?

Old 07-26-2019, 07:43 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Across the U.S., people are scratching their heads and wondering how Omar managed to get elected for anything, anywhere. Perhaps this is an example of the low level of competition she was facing (?) --

Muslim Congresswoman's District Reported to Be 'Terrorist Recruitment Capital' of US

FBI statistics reveal that Minnesota's 5th Congressional District, represented by Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN), is the terrorism recruitment capital of the United States.

According to the FBI, more Somali American men and boys from this district have joined, or have attempted to join, a foreign terror organization in the last 12 years than any other community in the US.

"Forty-five Somalis left to join the ranks of either the Somalia-based Islamic insurgency al-Shabab, or the Iraq- and Syria-based ISIS combined,"

In 2018, a dozen more Somalis were arrested, accused of planning to leave the US to join ISIS.

Ilhan's district is a very insular ethnic and religious community that has not fully assimilated into American society.

"For over a decade, Islamist terror groups have been able to recruit from Minnesota. This is, in part, because Minnesota has a large Muslim population compared to other parts of the US," Robin Simcox, a terrorism and national security expert at The Heritage Foundation, told Fox News.

Federal authorities say they are "highly concerned" about this district's ties to international terrorism. "We are very conscious that there may still be fertile ground for that, and that is could re-start at any time,"

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2019...-capital-of-us

Old 07-26-2019, 08:22 PM

12 posts, read 6,476 times
This is counterproductive. She's the gift that keeps on giving. Replacement? Likely not so much.

Old 07-26-2019, 08:49 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...4m2Zw_zLwZOXbw

It's nice that the Republican party is bringing some fresh new faces into its criminal enterprise. She'll fit right in.
There are tons of sleazeball/criminal politicians in both parties, no doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies