U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:12 AM

1,302 posts, read 290,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
If Trump tells his base something completely different than the numbers show, they will believe him over the evidence right in front of them.
I see now how demagogues or worse get their followers to believe absolutely anything all the way to the final solution if you know what I mean......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:32 AM

3,762 posts, read 3,104,781 times
If the economy slows down, you wanna bet that conservatives will finally start attributing the economy to President Obama.

Old Yesterday, 07:01 AM

15,561 posts, read 4,117,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
which is it, 40%? 50%? 70%? or 10%?

In any case the government is not responsible for any individuals poor personal budgeting decisions--the individual should be as there are plenty of opportunities out there to get some in demand skills and a very in demand job market since unemployment is so low.
My other threads started with 40% National.

I know it is 46% in Florida (I volunteer there - some with these population).

Another poster put up a figure of 78% that are living month to month.

Therefore I threw them all out there. A good guess is about 1/2 of all Americans.

Once again, the tendency of certain people to "blame it on the poor" is evident. This has been going on in this country since long ago. Nothing new.

It seems people forget about those "little nuances" like the Great Recession which the vast majority of these people had zero to do with and yet stripped opportunities from millions in various ways!

The same goes for many policies. Education is cut while corporations and billionaire get tax cuts.

THEN, folks like you state that everyone has opportunity. They do. To win the lottery if they play. But the actual results - 100 million plus of your Fellow Americans having financial insecurities (health care or retirement or even paying the bills each month) is an indication of something.

The unemployment myth is broken just as the trickle down one was. Unemployment is "low" by all normal measurements but wages have not increased as they should. The Employer is, as always, setting the tune. They may have to pay $11 an hour instead of $8 an hour, but when you drown it doesn't matter whether you drown in 8 feet of water or 200. Not a bit.

Old Yesterday, 07:02 AM

15,561 posts, read 4,117,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
I see now how demagogues or worse get their followers to believe absolutely anything all the way to the final solution if you know what I mean......
You have to give the final solution more credit here because most didn't know anything about it. In these present cases many speaking and acting against Americans DO KNOW.

So it is true brainwashing.

Old Yesterday, 07:05 AM

10,690 posts, read 10,898,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
If the economy slows down, you wanna bet that conservatives will finally start attributing the economy to President Obama.

Just like the right will blame dems for Trump's trillion dollar annual deficits.

They blamed Obama for Bush's great recession and ridiculous deficits

Old Yesterday, 07:41 AM

2,824 posts, read 1,928,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
5.5% decline in business investment! That is quite massive and goes right along with the manufacturing (purchasing manager, etc.) low numbers.

Of course, GDP and all that means nothing to the 3/4 or more of Americans who are not making it....or just barely doing so.

Nothing has changed...except perhaps that the long term prognosis is worse than ever. Even investors like myself have made almost nothing since Trump signed his great "tax reform" and started messing with tariff and trade threats.

I guess his definition of "winning so much you will get tired of winning" differs from mine.

If 3/4 or more Americans are not "making it" it is for the most part....their fault!

If, as an investor, you have made nothing since the tax reform, perhaps you should rethink your investment strategies as I've done pretty well (you should have bought Apple, Microsoft and amazon!

I am against the tariffs as they are merely a tax on the consumer...I'd like to see them go.

Old Yesterday, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
!

I am against the tariffs as they are merely a tax on the consumer...I'd like to see them go.
Any sane conservative/republican would. But the days of the sane GOP are long gone

Old Yesterday, 07:47 AM

2,824 posts, read 1,928,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Just like the right will blame dems for Trump's trillion dollar annual deficits.

They blamed Obama for Bush's great recession and ridiculous deficits
The deficits are on Trump and Congress.
Nobody blamed Obama for the "great recession" but the Dems can take some responsibility for the deficits!

Old Yesterday, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
The deficits are on Trump and Congress.
Nobody blamed Obama for the "great recession" but the Dems can take some responsibility for the deficits!
Dems didn't pass the biggest tax cut in generations without paying for it. Not during dubya and not during Trump

Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM

31,484 posts, read 19,694,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
As I've often stated, I don't believe an advanced mature 4th Level Economy is capable of growth in excess of 3%, so it's no surprise to me.
If you believe anything said by Trump, you probably own two time shares and a vacation club membership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or