U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 09:59 AM

9,007 posts, read 4,504,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
So you are ok if your newly arrived immigrant neighbors bbqing their pet and beating their wives because itís their tradition?

Ok, gotcha

That is all I need to see
You're funny ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Where are we living? Saudi Arabia? This is just one more give in to Sharia law. The Sharia law lays out Islamic culinary restrictions. For a supposedly secular society, Germany under Merkel is sure doing a lot of bending to Islamists
What is an aging society going to do, to maintain growth in a country where as the young people did not reproduce at replacement level rates? How they proceed is up to them.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:04 AM

5,812 posts, read 1,567,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
So you are ok if your newly arrived immigrant neighbors bbqing their pet and beating their wives because itís their tradition?

Ok, gotcha

That is all I need to see
That is exactly what this poster is advocating whether he/she realized it or not. The concept of cultural relativism is pushed by the left, who are in reality ignorant of the world we live in.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
That is exactly what this poster is advocating whether he/she realized it or not. The concept of cultural relativism is pushed by the left, who are in reality ignorant of the world we live in.
And so the u.s. still has slaves right? Be careful at what you think who or what might be ignorant of today ... and last I checked this thread was not about me.

I addressed societal changes in culture from an anthropology level, can you not keep up? And from what I gather on how the population globally is changing by declining birth rates ... get use to the changes, it happens whether you want it to or not.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
And so the u.s. still has slaves right? Be careful at what you think who or what might be ignorant of today ... and last I checked this thread was not about me.

I addressed societal changes in culture from an anthropology level, can you not keep up? And from what I gather on how the population globally is changing by declining birth rates ... get use to the changes, it happens whether you want it to or not.
You addressed societal change from the strain of cultural relativism. Your posts are heavy on theory and light on real-life observation.

Most people are fully aware of declining birth rates in developed countries. We have an option to import millions of foreigners who do not share a common culture or mores, or we can continue to adapt with improved technology. I prefer the Japanese model, of maintaining the mono-culture, which has shown to be much more stable and beneficial to the citizens of that country.

We are not going to agree, as you have your mind set on importing millions in the name of social justice.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
You addressed societal change from the strain of cultural relativism. Your posts are heavy on theory and light on real-life observation.

Most people are fully aware of declining birth rates in developed countries. We have an option to import millions of foreigners who do not share a common culture or mores, or we can continue to adapt with improved technology. I prefer the Japanese model, of maintaining the mono-culture, which has shown to be much more stable and beneficial to the citizens of that country.

We are not going to agree, as you have your mind set on importing millions in the name of social justice.
250 years of imports ... was that because of social justice? The u.s. built a power house on it. Germany may do the same. What is to say that Muslims will not adopt some of the German cultures ... anthropologically speaking. Germany still has some reminisce of Roman culture in the Catholic Church ... and no we will not agree, because I see made up issues. So the debate continues ...

Old 07-28-2019, 10:42 AM

Other reasons for German ban on pork ...

Philippines issues temporary ban on German pork

Germans increasingly shunning pork, going green

Old 07-28-2019, 11:06 AM

25,224 posts, read 9,840,022 times
If it's a State daycare...get your children out ASAP because that's child abuse and it's funded by armed robbery to boot.

If it's a private daycare...take your business elsewhere if you don't like it. The free market is orgasmic.

Ya know statists, sometimes life is easy when you have principles. You should try it sometimes.

Old 07-28-2019, 11:14 AM

6,541 posts, read 3,648,835 times
Don't try to make this a Muslim issue. Strict Orthodox Jews not only won't eat pork, but Kosher rules will not allow the same pots, pans, and plates to be used for anything that was cooked with pork.

I am not Jewish myself but know this from growing up in NYC.

Old 07-28-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Don't try to make this a Muslim issue. Strict Orthodox Jews not only won't eat pork, but Kosher rules will not allow the same pots, pans, and plates to be used for anything that was cooked with pork.

I am not Jewish myself but know this from growing up in NYC.
Jews are not demanding the daycare centers cater to their views. So yes, this is a Muslim issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies