U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 02:15 PM

35,732 posts, read 32,488,626 times

Advertisements

Plus, pigs are #1 for BBQ!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 02:59 PM

6,661 posts, read 3,701,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Don't try to make this a Muslim issue. Strict Orthodox Jews not only won't eat pork, but Kosher rules will not allow the same pots, pans, and plates to be used for anything that was cooked with pork.

I am not Jewish myself but know this from growing up in NYC.
Muslim extremist take a similar position on spiritual cleanliness. The big difference is we fear violence from Muslim extremist, and we don't fear that Orthodox Jews being in a non evangelising religion will use violence to force submission to their way. Earlier generations may have tried to exterminate Jews but the later generations in making amends did not ban products to make the Jewish survivors more comfortable.

I doubt that comfort or feelings of a minority was the imputes, fear of that growing minority having another issue to force submission to was

Old 07-28-2019, 03:01 PM

1,017 posts, read 398,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Plus, pigs are #1 for BBQ!!
Yep and most have the love handles and rolls of fat on their belly to back up that lifestyle too. And we wonder why American's lost in their 1st world clueless fog are getting hijacked by other countries right in front of their very eyes? Not hard to figure out for a thinking person.

It's all very simple if people are aware and realize we are ripe for the picking. Honestly a competing super power could take over right now and as long as they kept cell phone and internet service intact most would be too brain dead to care or even notice it happened. Lets not forget the factory farmed food to fill the clueless masse's bellies. It's all it will take and it's already in motion. Those that are AWAKE see it all creeping up around us.

Similar ramifications about eating pets vs pork was brought up by many posters. Facts about America's own obsession and how WWIII would break out if dogs were eaten here: This, however, pales in comparison with what Americans spend on their pets annually. This year alone, pet spending in the U.S. is estimated to exceed $72 billion, which is more than the combined GDP of the 39 poorest countries in the world. We aren't ones to talk about priorities. Even as a dog lover I see this as really messed up too. The added indisputable science proving that pigs are smarter than dogs just makes my head spin at this whole situation. (Is it me? Naaw...I will just go crazy because God cursed me with a functioning brain and the ability to reason).

Americans spend $70 billion on pets, and that money could do more good

Most here will never see it coming which I suppose is the point of the OP's warning post of what is happening in Germany. <SMH>

Last edited by motownnative; 07-28-2019 at 03:12 PM..

Old 07-28-2019, 04:30 PM

14,816 posts, read 9,861,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The new age immigrants, refugees, and Illegal Aliens do NOT assimilate like previous European, and Asian legal immigrants did. Muslims, and many Hispanics don't want any part of it.
As is often the case, it's not the Muslims who are making demands. They are the self-appointed white liberals claiming to speak for them. They are used as pawns to advance their agenda.

Old 07-28-2019, 05:34 PM

9,003 posts, read 4,502,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Yep and most have the love handles and rolls of fat on their belly to back up that lifestyle too. And we wonder why American's lost in their 1st world clueless fog are getting hijacked by other countries right in front of their very eyes? Not hard to figure out for a thinking person.

It's all very simple if people are aware and realize we are ripe for the picking. Honestly a competing super power could take over right now and as long as they kept cell phone and internet service intact most would be too brain dead to care or even notice it happened. Lets not forget the factory farmed food to fill the clueless masse's bellies. It's all it will take and it's already in motion. Those that are AWAKE see it all creeping up around us.

Similar ramifications about eating pets vs pork was brought up by many posters. Facts about America's own obsession and how WWIII would break out if dogs were eaten here: This, however, pales in comparison with what Americans spend on their pets annually. This year alone, pet spending in the U.S. is estimated to exceed $72 billion, which is more than the combined GDP of the 39 poorest countries in the world. We aren't ones to talk about priorities. Even as a dog lover I see this as really messed up too. The added indisputable science proving that pigs are smarter than dogs just makes my head spin at this whole situation. (Is it me? Naaw...I will just go crazy because God cursed me with a functioning brain and the ability to reason).

Americans spend $70 billion on pets, and that money could do more good

Most here will never see it coming which I suppose is the point of the OP's warning post of what is happening in Germany. <SMH>
Quote:
Honestly a competing super power could take over right now and as long as they kept cell phone and internet service intact most would be too brain dead to care or even notice it happened.
How German Is American?

The Silent Minority -- Martin E. Marty

"Of course, everyone knows about whom, in this case, we are reporting. Ask the politicians, the media leaders, and the pollsters about them. First, of course, are the African-Americans (41 million as of 2011) who topped the Irish-Americans (35 million), followed by Mexican-Americans (32 million). Let’s toss in the English, an historic stock, with 26 million. Don’t forget others in the top ten, among them the Italians, the Poles, and more.

Oh-oh! We forgot the Germans, who are Number One in “ancestry group population,” with 49 million."

When German Immigrants Were America’s Undesirables

German influence helped shape America

Quote:
Similar ramifications about eating pets vs pork was brought up by many posters.
Legal in the u.s. to eat pets in 44 states; no one is having a panic attack over it. Well, PETA, maybe.

Daycare Pork Ban Incites Nationwide Outrage Across Germany
"A survey from last year found that only 21 percent of Germans eat meat every day, with the number of people following plant-based diets doubling over the last decade, mainly for health reasons."

Why are we looking at Jews or Muslims influence on a culture shift? ...

Germans Are Losing Their Taste for Pork

... Because it is a school and there are two Muslim children? Any one know how prayer was changed in the public schools in 1963? One Jewish child. Any one want to do an outcry over that traditional change that happened in America? No?

Change happens.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:02 PM

1,299 posts, read 203,776 times
FYI: Ellis Bell is OK if his newly arrival immigrant neighbor BBQing their chihuahua and beating up their spouses in the name of "change happens" and embracing other cultures and traditions.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:06 PM

9,003 posts, read 4,502,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
FYI: Ellis Bell is OK if his newly arrival immigrant neighbor BBQing their chihuahua and beating up their spouses in the name of "change happens" and embracing other cultures and traditions.
FYI: Du Ma has yet to read the title of the thread:
decision to ban pork products at daycare centers in Germany causes uproar and wants to make the topic all about Ellis Bell.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:07 PM

1,299 posts, read 203,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
FYI: Du Ma has yet to read the title of the thread:
decision to ban pork products at daycare centers in Germany causes uproar and wants to make the topic all about Ellis Bell.
Nah, i just want to know the true level of insanity of open border globalists

Old 07-28-2019, 06:16 PM

5,786 posts, read 1,558,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Just think of the cultural diversity!

Old 07-28-2019, 06:30 PM

1,017 posts, read 398,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Legal in the u.s. to eat pets in 44 states; no one is having a panic attack over it. Well, PETA, maybe.

Change happens.
Yes, I think there would be a panic attack if someone actually did it and ate one. PETA, sure, but a much louder voice has arisen in the US known as the "Fur Moms" (and dads). In fact, they have gotten laws passed in some jurisdictions enabling them to break the windows out of your car if they so much as "think" your dog is in danger of being overheated.

Good intentions aside, now perfectly law abiding people who would never endanger their pets are afraid to take their dog on errands because they are being accosted on 65 degree cloudy days by these Fur Moms. They aren't even animal rights activists. Just busy bodies and virtue signalers.

It makes forcing a dietary choice on a bunch of pre schoolers look positively tame in comparison. (Though I don't agree with it for religious reasons and only for a few children).

Thanks for the links about Germany getting away from pork for other reasons. That makes sense why this could be happening.

I will have to catch up on some reading about Germany. My grandfather was born there. His family had breweries and distilleries here as a business. I rarely post on the politics part of the board. I do appreciate reading a different POV, but I prefer a learning experience to make my time worthwhile vs arguing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies