U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 08:54 AM

1,299 posts, read 204,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Are you going to do it?

No where am I reading that eating pork is being banned in Germany and people are free to choose other day care centers.

Just as you and I are free to choose how we live our lives and how we conduct ourselves in respect to those we love.

btw: eating dog is legal in the u.s. Just so you know. So the question is, how much do we allow the government of our countries to rule over our lives?
I grew up in California and I was a CA cop (in a predominately Vietnamese, Korean, and Latino city)for number of years. I didnít know eating dog is legal in CA (like in the link you posted). Yeah, I am pretty sure you are talking out of your butt on this one.

And why are you ignoring my questions? Are you OK if your neighbors are bbq their american bulldog after they whop their wives for burning the toast?

And donít try to avoid my questions by answering my questions with a question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 08:55 AM

33,497 posts, read 20,316,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Not a prominent German (or even European) philosophy until very recently.
well,

Love of country is good. Love of country to the extent of despising all others, is not.

Believe it, manly Germans know the differences.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:56 AM

1,299 posts, read 204,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't understand your question, By whom what?
I think this Ellis Bell is mentally unstable. He likes to ramble and never stays on one single topic

Old 07-28-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I grew up in California and I was a CA cop (in a predominately Vietnamese, Korean, and Latino city)for number of years. I didnít know eating dog is legal in CA (like in the link you posted). Yeah, I am pretty sure you are talking out of your butt on this one.

And why are you ignoring my questions? Are you OK if your neighbors are bbq their american bulldog after they whop their wives for burning the toast?

He won't answer your question, or maybe he would.

I think his answer would be, "Yes, because Americans would always vote for changes and adapt because humanity is falling and the world is changing."

Old 07-28-2019, 09:03 AM

9,003 posts, read 4,502,511 times
Quote:
Please, let's keep it real. They can try even harder, many would always view Germany as "Nazi". This is simply a fact.

Their only responsibility is to make sure that they don't repeat the history. Repeating the history will cause another ass whopping by the world. They should always remember that.

What they shouldn't do is to apologize profusely, and overcompensate everybody.
Quote:
Repeating the history will cause another ass whopping by the world.
Quote:
by whom? I don't know if you have noticed it or not, but Humanity is in trouble.
Quote:
I don't understand your question, By whom what?
Certainly, not the ever growing populist crowd, brewing.
Quote:
well,

Love of country is good. Love of country to the extent of despising all others, is not.

Believe it, manly Germans know the differences.
I don't think they put the love of country before the love of their country men, since the days of learning from the likes of Hitler, just what all that entails. The u.s. does not share that history, yet. But we do seem to be working on it.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Certainly, not the ever growing populist crowd, brewing.

I don't think they put the love of country before the love of their country men, since the days of learning from the likes of Hitler, just what all that entails. The u.s. does not share that history, yet. But we do seem to be working on it.
Maybe start a new thread will address your "concerns".

Old 07-28-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post

You're question is working toward trying to trap this conversation into something personal when personal isn't an issue. Dirty pool if you ask me. But also means, all you have to add is useless questions to the topic.

Quote:
Yeah, I am pretty sure you are talking out of your butt on this one.
There was a thread on this awhile back, and I got learned ... so no, the festival is still on going in China, you know it, I know it, how does that apply? And it is legal to eat dog in the u.s. ... so? If you want to eat dog, you can. Strange huh.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
You're question is working toward trying to trap this conversation into something personal when personal isn't an issue. Dirty pool if you ask me. But also means, all you have to add is useless questions to the topic.

There was a thread on this awhile back, and I got learned ... so no, the festival is still on going in China, you know it, I know it, how does that apply? And it is legal to eat dog in the u.s. ... so? If you want to eat dog, you can. Strange huh.
well, dirty pool indeed.

I think Du Ma asked a valid question. Why don't you answer it?

It is funny that I noticed that you tell people to, "just choose another daycare center", but you refused to use the same rule to tell the others to "well, just don't eat pork, or start your own day care center."

hmm, dishonest, unfair, or unsportsmanlike conduct on your part.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:20 AM

1,017 posts, read 398,918 times
I am afraid that many Muslims may not ever be able or even want to assimilate to European or US culture. If they are devoutly religious in particular I feel their beliefs are too different from ours. (the Iranians I mentioned that I met were drinking and smoking at the party so they didn't seemed obsessed with religion. The women in fact joked that they liked the headwear so they didn't have to fix their hair) LOL They seemed pretty westernized IMO.

I have made comments showing I go out of my way to speak up for sentient beings that don't have a voice. It is something I am passionate about. I am hardly racist or non accepting towards humans and their different cultures. I am also quick to criticize the US for the myriad of ways I am seeing we have lost our way and our core morals as a society as compared to my youth too.

Being a realist I think people need to take a hard look (doesn't matter if you are L/R) whether our cultures could even mesh successfully.

These are the basics:

. Freedom of and from religion
. Freedom of expression
. Separation of church and state
. Democracy
. Rule of secular law
. Gender and LGBTQ equality

Each of these is opposed by Islamist ideology.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:
well, dirty pool indeed.

I think Du Ma asked a valid question. Why don't you answer it?

It is funny that I noticed that you tell people to, "just choose another daycare center", but you refused to use the same rule to tell the others to "well, just don't eat pork, or start your own day care center."

hmm, dishonest, unfair, or unsportsmanlike conduct on your part.
^Another useless post^.
Quote:
And the issue is?

Cultures change ... 250 years of historical changes in the u.s. alone. Last I checked, German is a free country, which means they are free to make changes and we are critical why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies