Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 06:32 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Nah, i just want to know the true level of insanity of open border globalists
Quote:
open border globalists
what is that?

The insanity is pretending that it has been today for 4.543 billion years and today will go on for infinity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 06:37 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
what is that?

The insanity is pretending that it has been today for 4.543 billion years and today will go on for infinity.
Ellis, we get it, you appreciate change. That doesn't mean the rest of us do. And, think what you want, but no, we do not want people moving in and dictating their norms and mores on our culture. No, we do not appreciate nor welcome that change and no, it doesn't have to happen, as you believe.

We can easily adopt the Japanese model and not have to resort to a cultural diversity model in order to shore up our old-age pension systems in the West.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:37 PM

999 posts, read 553,800 times
Pork is not a necessary dietary requirement. There are plenty of foods to choose from. I see nothing wrong with them offering foods that cater to all the children.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
Pork is not a necessary dietary requirement. There are plenty of foods to choose from. I see nothing wrong with them offering foods that cater to all the children.
Except, the reason pork was removed was to satisfy religious fundamentalists newcomers to a society that has a long history of eating pork. This isn't a discussion about food for the sake of its nutritional quality, but a discussion about culture and immigration.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:44 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Ellis, we get it, you appreciate change. That doesn't mean the rest of us do. And, think what you want, but no, we do not want people moving in and dictating their norms and mores on our culture. No, we do not appreciate nor welcome that change and no, it doesn't have to happen, as you believe.

We can easily adopt the Japanese model and not have to resort to a cultural diversity model in order to shore up our old-age pension systems in the West.
This is what myself and most people I talk to want to see. Our country is divided enough as it is.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
This is what myself and most people I talk to want to see. Our country is divided enough as it is.
Of course, America is a bit different, because we have always had immigration, but in the past, we've been a melting pot. We can have that again, where it doesn't matter where one comes from, they can assimilate and be Americans, adopting mainstream American culture and prospering. This is what my Korean partner who just became a citizen has done.

Unfortunately, the Democrats do not want this, as they prefer to keep us divided and keep as many people dependent as possible since dependent people are their largest constituency and they depend on them to win elections.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
what is that?

Quote:

Do you consider yourself a red blooded American? I'm thinking you do, thus my next comment. I did too, until at age 35 some one informed me I was German. It's like wth. (it isn't like I didn't know, but I didn't know on those terms)
Quote:
it doesn't have to happen
250 years of change got us to here. Do you think that is going to stop?

btw: we're not Japanese. Oh wait, you might be. You do know they are importing people right?

Could Japan become a future cultural melting pot?

"Few nations die natural deaths. But how far can depopulation go before the vital forces wane irrecoverably? Japan over the next half-century, says the National Institute, will lose on average 780,000 people a year. It estimates a population in 2065 of 88.08 million — down from 127 million in 2015 and 128 million in 2008, the year it peaked. Sakanaka fears “a future of despair” — “villages dying one by one,” ancient traditions along with them."

This country will continue to grow, but the faces will change. If the faces do not change ... the country will stagnant and die. Unless you can convince the people here who are here today, to start pumping out babies ... and even then culture changes also happen from within, by people merely changing their minds. Some people call that progress; others that don't like changes, not so much.

Traditional Generation

Point being, you can not expect to have growth without change. It is illogical.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
People are here from all over the globe. It can't get any more divided than it already is.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Except, the reason pork was removed was to satisfy religious fundamentalists newcomers to a society that has a long history of eating pork. This isn't a discussion about food for the sake of its nutritional quality, but a discussion about culture and immigration.
And I want the traditional prayer put back into public schools. Like that's going to happen.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Do you consider yourself a red blooded American? I'm thinking you do, thus my next comment. I did too, until at age 35 some one informed me I was German. It's like wth. (it isn't like I didn't know, but I didn't know on those terms)
250 years of change got us to here. Do you think that is going to stop?

btw: we're not Japanese. Oh wait, you might be. You do know they are importing people right?

Could Japan become a future cultural melting pot?

"Few nations die natural deaths. But how far can depopulation go before the vital forces wane irrecoverably? Japan over the next half-century, says the National Institute, will lose on average 780,000 people a year. It estimates a population in 2065 of 88.08 million — down from 127 million in 2015 and 128 million in 2008, the year it peaked. Sakanaka fears “a future of despair” — “villages dying one by one,” ancient traditions along with them."

This country will continue to grow, but the faces will change. If the faces do not change ... the country will stagnant and die. Unless you can convince the people here who are here today, to start pumping out babies ... and even then culture changes also happen from within, by people merely changing their minds. Some people call that progress; others that don't like changes, not so much.

Traditional Generation

Point being, you can not expect to have growth without change. It is illogical.
Ellis, yes I consider myself a red-blooded American, but I'm also very cognizant of my German and British ancestry, as I've researched my genealogy extensively. I am proud of my heritage, just as anyone should, but I'm also very proud of America, as we all should be.

I think we should all, no matter where we come from, strive to become fully entrenched in mainstream American culture, adopting the norms. The same applies for all other countries, including Germany, whereby people should try to assimilate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies