U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 09:02 AM

27,508 posts, read 19,335,198 times

Advertisements

hands off my Schweinefleisch!

Quote:
Plans to no longer serve children pork or gelatin-containing products like gummy bears at two day care centers in the eastern German city of Leipzig prompted a wave of criticism online and made headlines across the country on Tuesday.

The mass-circulation Bild newspaper first reported about the day care centers' proposal, saying the decision to make the changes came from consideration for two Muslim children.

"Out of respect for a changing world, only pork-free meals and snacks will be ordered and served starting from July 15," read a letter sent to parents, according to Bild.

Responses to the plans grew so heated that Leipzig police decided to park patrol cars outside both of the day care centers to protect against "possible dangers," a spokesman told news agency dpa.
https://www.dw.com/en/german-day-car...ork/a-49722710
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 09:29 AM

1,402 posts, read 275,935 times
Jewish people don't eat pork and you never heard anything about banning pork before.
Why are they catering to Muslims all of a sudden ?

Old 07-26-2019, 09:36 AM

12,110 posts, read 16,871,800 times
Not sure what the problem is. They're not ordering food or snacks with pork products in them in an area where many children don't eat either.

My workplace doesn't offer pork products at our cafes, restaurant, or snack bars either because of the large Jewish population. *shrug*

Old 07-26-2019, 09:40 AM

5,809 posts, read 1,563,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Not sure what the problem is. They're not ordering food or snacks with pork products in them in an area where many children don't eat either.

My workplace doesn't offer pork products at our cafes, restaurant, or snack bars either because of the large Jewish population. *shrug*
You're not sure what the problem is? They are doing this to satisfy the Muslim people who are settling in Germany. Pork is a part of German cuisine and culture, so the problem is that authorities should not put the wants and needs of the population, as well as centuries of tradition aside to satisfy newcomers to their country.

If you really do not understand the issue here, then I'm sorry you don't possess the critical thinking skills to understand. But, I suspect you know full well, but prefer to pretend in the name of social justice.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:41 AM

10,223 posts, read 8,187,979 times
"for 2 children"

Special treatment of said kids should simply be not giving it to them.

1,300 posts, read 204,896 times
Quote:

Read the article.

Two Muslim children at day care.

How many children are at that day care?

14,478 posts, read 11,751,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Jewish people don't eat pork and you never heard anything about banning pork before.
Why are they catering to Muslims all of a sudden ?

Fair question. Maybe because Jewish people won't firebomb the center or go on a crazed knife attack because of non Jewish/Kosher food being available? Good grief this is Germany. Something about pork being rather traditional? So the Muslim kids just don't eat any pork stuff. Why remove it completely?

In ancient times there were reasons for the forbidding of eating things like pork because of diseases undercooked and poorly stored/prepared meats from such animals carried. We know what causes that now. It's not in reality a "divine" proclamation so much as a health thing. Same with shellfish.

Sorry folks you're not in the ME anymore. Deal with it. I'ts not the country you immigrated to's responsibility to adhere to YOUR supposedly religious tenets.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:43 AM

1,300 posts, read 204,896 times
I can see the logic behind the banning of pork products if that day care is predominantly Muslims, but to accommodate for two Muslim children ?

Old 07-26-2019, 09:43 AM

5,809 posts, read 1,563,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Fair question. Maybe because Jewish people won't firebomb the center or go on a crazed knife attack because of non Jewish/Kosher food being available? Good grief this is Germany. Something about pork being rather traditional? So the Muslim kids just don't eat any pork stuff. Why remove it completely?

In ancient times there were reasons for the forbidding of eating things like pork because of diseases undercooked and poorly stored/prepared meats from such animals carried. We know what causes that now. It's not in reality a "divine" proclamation so much as a health thing. Same with shellfish.

Sorry folks you're not in the ME anymore. Deal with it. I'ts not the country you immigrated to's responsibility to adhere to YOUR supposedly religious tenets.
Exactly. Jewish people aren't going to be blowing up the building. All religions are now equal as the SJWs claim. As Sam Harris explains, people can produce a musical like 'The Book of Mormon' because they know that Mormons aren't going to put out a fatwa on you for doing so.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:45 AM

27,508 posts, read 19,335,198 times
Quote:
wrong.

the plan was to ban serving pork to 2 entire daycare centers due to the presence of 2 muslim kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
You're not sure what the problem is? They are doing this to satisfy the Muslim people who are settling in Germany. Pork is a part of German cuisine and culture, so the problem is that authorities should not put the wants and needs of the population, as well as centuries of tradition aside to satisfy newcomers to their country.

If you really do not understand the issue here, then I'm sorry you don't possess the critical thinking skills to understand. But, I suspect you know full well, but prefer to pretend in the name of social justice.
you nailed it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies