U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 03:35 PM

20,027 posts, read 14,292,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
What are your thoughts of them coming out and saying this is the first time in their 34-year history that they are wavering from that position?
Trump is not the best President ever, but he's far from the worst President ever. I would characterize him as slightly above mediocre.

He accomplished a lot in 2017, but practically nothing in 2018 and little to show so far in 2019.

I'd have to say the Nothing-Burger Scandal was a big part of that, and probably the whole point, which was to side-track his presidency.

Since the Nothing-Burger was nothing, now they're trying to salvage anything they can.

You cannot obstruct a crime that never occurred.

I was that VA Wednesday for a medical procedure and they had the hearings on TV. Someone asked Mueller about the Steele Dossier and Mueller's response was, "It's beyond my purview," or words to that effect.

I was stunned. Anytime you investigate a crime of this nature, you always heavily scrutinize the source of the claims or accusations made.

You might not like Trump's management and leadership style, however everyone has their own style and I can see where Trump's style might grate on people, but that's not a reason for everyone to get their bowels in an uproar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 03:36 PM

45,742 posts, read 18,116,308 times
USA Today = CNN = NYT = NBC/Comcast

Only the easily influenced and weak minded pay any attention to them now.

Old 07-26-2019, 04:13 PM

22,835 posts, read 16,900,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
USA Today is left. No doubt. Last week they posted a YouTube video instructing illegal aliens what to do if ice showed up at their door.
USA Today is unfit to be considered news
Was just about to post this as an example of how they are so very much indeed left leaning.

Old 07-26-2019, 04:16 PM

8,071 posts, read 2,343,887 times
it's toilet stall reading material, always has been.

Old 07-26-2019, 04:18 PM

18,783 posts, read 9,682,398 times
Quote:
From everything I have read about USA Today, they have never stood behind any party and are considered center.

What are your thoughts of them coming out and saying this is the first time in their 34-year history that they are wavering from that position?

EDIT: THis article is from 2016 but since then have posted numerous articles supporting impeachment and other negatives they never did before. What did they see then and still do now to put themselves at publication risk by taking a side?

Here's the article: https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...GE0ofeDeXfzwo8
They have TDS and I don't care what they think.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:35 PM

3,979 posts, read 1,016,220 times
[quote=metalmancpa;55769088]From everything I have read about USA Today, they have never stood behind any party and are considered center.

EDIT: This article is from 2016 but since then have posted numerous articles supporting impeachment and other negatives they never did before. What did they see then and still do now to put themselves at publication risk by taking a side?

Opinion:
USA still in business? I haven't read that paper since the 80's. dang..........................

Old Yesterday, 06:45 AM

15,438 posts, read 5,268,053 times
Quote:
From everything I have read about USA Today, they have never stood behind any party and are considered center.

EDIT: THis article is from 2016 but since then have posted numerous articles supporting impeachment and other negatives they never did before. What did they see then and still do now to put themselves at publication risk by taking a side?

But we all know this already , it's why he lost the popular vote by over three million votes.

Old Yesterday, 06:46 AM

15,438 posts, read 5,268,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
it's toilet stall reading material, always has been.
...........like trumps agenda.

Old Yesterday, 06:47 AM

5,622 posts, read 1,503,101 times
Quote:

The media has descended into irrelevance and the slide continues.

Old Yesterday, 07:01 AM

18,250 posts, read 9,006,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The media has descended into irrelevance and the slide continues.
I wouldn't go that far. They are still very influential, mostly on the lazy and weak minded that parrot what they tell them. Mostly, Far Left Democrat TALKING POINTS. Look at many posts here. All accusations against Trump with no facts, evidence, nor substance. Just like 95%+ of what the Media is saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or