U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-28-2019, 05:52 PM
 
8,350 posts, read 2,484,851 times
Reputation: 5810

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
And Trump's policies lead to the biggest majority of the Dems in the house since Watergate. Why do you conveniently ignore that?
Because that only happened in your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-28-2019, 06:04 PM
 
1,489 posts, read 327,775 times
Reputation: 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Because that only happened in your head.
SPEAKER Pelosi begs to differ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 06:24 PM
 
Location: Right here; Right now
8,955 posts, read 4,485,306 times
Reputation: 1427
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
And Trump's policies lead to the biggest majority of the Dems in the house since Watergate. Why do you conveniently ignore that?

Must sting too much
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Because that only happened in your head.
fake news:
2018 United States House of Representatives elections


"The 41-seat gain was the Democrats' largest gain of House seats since the post-Watergate 1974 elections, when they picked up 49 seats."


'Year of the Woman'? Not for Republican women in the House, where their ranks have plunged to a 25-year low


Ouch ... ^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 06:47 PM
 
10,895 posts, read 10,955,191 times
Reputation: 5363
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Because that only happened in your head.
Let me know when you get out of your right wing distortion bubble
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 06:48 PM
 
10,895 posts, read 10,955,191 times
Reputation: 5363
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump campaigned for the Senate candidates and picked up seats, why ignore that ?
They were all up in Trump friendly districts... Let's see how the next Senate election goes. You might need some extra Kleenex
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 06:50 PM
 
Location: Noth Caccalacca
5,657 posts, read 6,729,480 times
Reputation: 4974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
fake news:
2018 United States House of Representatives elections


"The 41-seat gain was the Democrats' largest gain of House seats since the post-Watergate 1974 elections, when they picked up 49 seats."


'Year of the Woman'? Not for Republican women in the House, where their ranks have plunged to a 25-year low


Ouch ... ^

At the rate they're going in the Trump era, the phrase "Republican Women" may become an oxymoron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 07:43 PM
 
Location: NJ
17,027 posts, read 11,895,897 times
Reputation: 10965
This USA Today????


USA Today issues a clarification after depicting a rifle with a 'chainsaw bayonet'. Firearm enthusiasts and media personalities were quick to point out the far-fetched modification, the example of which some have used to fuel stereotypes against the gun industry and gun owners, particularly in the wake of mass shootings.


May 18, 2006 · BellSouth Corp. is pressing USA Today to retract claims in a story asserting that the telecommunications company provided phone records of its customers to the National Security Agency.


USA Today retracted an article arguing that Brett Kavanaugh should not coach girls' basketball because the sexual assault allegations mean he is a pedophile.


USA Today must publish a retraction of this inaccurate story or at the very least publish a follow-up article exposing the real anti-Semitic nature of the Iranian regime.


USA Today posts story on approval of diet drug too soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 08:05 PM
 
Location: California
30,784 posts, read 33,625,457 times
Reputation: 26246
This tells me have just doubled and tripled down instead of admitting they might have been too hasty in their assessment. I guess it's better than admitting you're wrong. I always admit when I'm wrong because I don't like digging myself into holes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 08:10 PM
 
Location: annandale, va & slidell, la
7,544 posts, read 3,096,580 times
Reputation: 6365
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
My bad. I should have referenced this article date, but also mention how since then they continue to take that stance to this day. I edited the OP.
Pretty embarrassing eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 08:33 PM
 
10,895 posts, read 10,955,191 times
Reputation: 5363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
This USA Today????


USA Today issues a clarification after depicting a rifle with a 'chainsaw bayonet'. Firearm enthusiasts and media personalities were quick to point out the far-fetched modification, the example of which some have used to fuel stereotypes against the gun industry and gun owners, particularly in the wake of mass shootings.


May 18, 2006 · BellSouth Corp. is pressing USA Today to retract claims in a story asserting that the telecommunications company provided phone records of its customers to the National Security Agency.


USA Today retracted an article arguing that Brett Kavanaugh should not coach girls' basketball because the sexual assault allegations mean he is a pedophile.


USA Today must publish a retraction of this inaccurate story or at the very least publish a follow-up article exposing the real anti-Semitic nature of the Iranian regime.


USA Today posts story on approval of diet drug too soon
Nothingburgers compared to the fake Seth rich story from faux news, still hasn't admitted they were wrong or apologized to the family
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top