U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 01:36 PM

13,210 posts, read 4,546,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
He'd very arguably be the Democrats best chance of beating trump in 2020. He'd be hard to debate in person due to his physical size and that cool eyebrow thing he can do. Super intimidating. Unfortunately he is Male, but at least he isn't white, plus he's likeable. Some people on the right may even switch sides and support the Rock if he didn't go full left looney tunes, that ain't happening with Biden or Bernie.

A real life professional wrestler president may very well be what America needs in 2020.
Depending on his platform and he didn't go full tilt Left, I'd consider voting for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 01:58 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,794,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Depending on his platform and he didn't go full tilt Left, I'd consider voting for him.
Myself as well and I voted for Trump and plan to again with the current lineup.

The left should remember that Trump is the all time master debater . He has a very special way of making his opponents look incompetent and silly. You may not agree with or like his tactics, but it is very effective. I don't believe Trumps normal tactics would work against The Rock and may even backfire on him.

Plus it would take away from Trump's "I'm an outsider to politics, ran on my own my money and beholden to no one" appeal as the Rock would also be an outsider to politics who is already really rich.

A very moderate Rock is the only logical choice if they really want to defeat trump in 2020. Of course, he probably won't run and would go too far left if he did.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:15 PM

5,528 posts, read 1,587,995 times
Trump would **** all over the rock.
Too bad the rock is too scared to run for President.
The rock wouldn't even beat Elizabeth Warren!

Old 07-26-2019, 02:26 PM

809 posts, read 588,007 times
I’m surprised so many people are talking about him running in 2020 as a Democrat.

I don’t see him running for a while still and if he does I wouldn’t be surprised if he runs as a Republican. He actually spoke at the Republican National Convention way back in 2000. Again though it was one of those speeches where he talked and didn’t really say anything. Basically he was in character the whole time saying stuff like, “You invite The Rock to your convention!?!” Then he ended it with him saying something like, “To this I only have one thing to say...thank you.”

Nothing about George W. Bush and certainly nothing about any issues.

I think that’s the whackiest part about The Rock running for anything and why his stuff in Hawaii is so noteworthy. He really hasn’t taken a stand about anything until this. I remember there was one article I read about The Rock running for President hypothetically a few years ago that said something like, “You can’t just build your platform on saying I like apple pie. Well you can, but you really shouldn’t.”

Old 07-26-2019, 02:36 PM

3,627 posts, read 995,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanfan1986 View Post
I’m surprised so many people are talking about him running in 2020 as a Democrat.

I don’t see him running for a while still and if he does I wouldn’t be surprised if he runs as a Republican. He actually spoke at the Republican National Convention way back in 2000. Again though it was one of those speeches where he talked and didn’t really say anything. Basically he was in character the whole time saying stuff like, “You invite The Rock to your convention!?!” Then he ended it with him saying something like, “To this I only have one thing to say...thank you.”

Nothing about George W. Bush and certainly nothing about any issues.

I think that’s the whackiest part about The Rock running for anything and why his stuff in Hawaii is so noteworthy. He really hasn’t taken a stand about anything until this. I remember there was one article I read about The Rock running for President hypothetically a few years ago that said something like, “You can’t just build your platform on saying I like apple pie. Well you can, but you really shouldn’t.”
From what I have read, he was Republican, but is now Independent. I can certainly relate to that.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:44 PM

5,528 posts, read 1,587,995 times
The rock is not smart enough to run as Republican.
He could run as a Democrat because they don't need to give specifics, just 'hope'.
But of course he'll never run, because like most of Hollywood, they're all chicken **** and afraid of real work.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:50 PM

6,929 posts, read 3,854,442 times
Quote:
For years now it’s been rumored he might do something like run for President despite having no political experience. Now he’s all over the news with this Hawaii stuff despite not saying much.

I’m way to cynical to think he’s doing this just out of the goodness of his heart.

I really don’t want to smell what the President’s cooking.
What Hawaii stuff?

I doubt it. He's a super rich good looking movie star. He's not going to give up what he has to serve in a political office. He'd be giving up millions in movies and royalties, for one thing.

Maybe when his movie career is winding down, like Schwarenegger's was. The Rock has a few years to go before he's at that point, or at that age.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:51 PM

18,430 posts, read 10,484,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
The rock is not smart enough to run as Republican.
He could run as a Democrat because they don't need to give specifics, just 'hope'.
But of course he'll never run, because like most of Hollywood, they're all chicken **** and afraid of real work.
You keep working that schtick of yours; nobody's taking your nonsense seriously but keep yourself busy anyway.

Old 07-26-2019, 03:36 PM

3,627 posts, read 995,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
What Hawaii stuff?

I doubt it. He's a super rich good looking movie star. He's not going to give up what he has to serve in a political office. He'd be giving up millions in movies and royalties, for one thing.

Maybe when his movie career is winding down, like Schwarenegger's was. The Rock has a few years to go before he's at that point, or at that age.
He is there in Hawaii with local protesters over a telescope that is to be built on Mauna Kea, a volcano that is sacred for some natives.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5683318/d...lcano-protest/

Old 07-26-2019, 03:38 PM

46,132 posts, read 18,281,052 times
Quote:
I’m surprised so many people are talking about him running in 2020 as a Democrat.......

It speaks to the electability of the losers the Democrats have running for them now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or