U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 09:02 AM

9,144 posts, read 5,637,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Your explanation sounds like a sequel to "They Live" (starred Roddy Piper if you didn't know).

Brainwashing the American public sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. That would mean somebody is paying them off then. ANd if that's true, then hopefully there's a study of revenue from advertising per network to prove that any left propaganda media outlet is supported only by companies who subscribe to the rhetoric of the left, and the same goes for the right.

You believe what you will, and I'll believe what I do.
Well, its not a matter of “believing”. Its a matter of evidence based knowing. Just like I do not believe our cell phones listen to our private conversations, and track our movements .... I know they do. That too may sound like a “conspiracy theory”, yet it has long been established as fact.

It is similarly established scientific fact that frequencies generated from TV’s induce brain states not unlike a hypnotic trance which makes the viewer highly susceptible to suggestion. I don't believe that, I know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 09:15 AM

2,575 posts, read 4,342,870 times
Knowing something and truth are different.

We all knew the world was flat, at one time . Truth is, it's not. However not everyone subscribed to a round earth knowledge, so we have flat earthers today who "know" it's flat.

Seeking the truth is more powerful than knowledge, because knowledge is limited. Truth is found where and when our imagination spawns questions.

Something the media has lost

Old 07-29-2019, 09:23 AM

4,927 posts, read 3,418,447 times
What Trump supporters want is a synthesized alternate reality version of the news in line with the Dear Leaders thoughts and wisdom. Anyone else is a traitor to the cause and deemed unpatriotic. We’re right on the edge of a precipice with our freedom of the press. Disunited Authoritarian States of America.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:17 AM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,381 posts, read 14,108,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
What a crock he is. How so many people are fooled is a very telling aspect of the nationalists.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/26/polit...ump/index.html

9. "I think the press has lost all credibility, much of it. But it's lost a big part of it. I mean, a very substantial part of it, lost all credibility."
So, the media has lost all credibility. Actually just most of the media. But all of the media has lost a big part of its credibility. Actually it's a "substantial" part of the media. But they've lost all credibility, that's for sure. Got it?
all POTUSes have had an up and down relationship with the press since the beginning

John Adams was so concerned about foreign influence (the French) on our press, he signed into law the 1798 Sedition Act, which made publishing anything critical of the government illegal.

Jefferson criticized what he perceived as the partisan nature of the media (a fair criticism at a time when newspapers printed stories with overt bias and published personal attacks on politicians). Jefferson wrote to a newspaper editor in 1807, “Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper.

Ulysses S. Grant had the press in mind when he concluded his second inaugural address. Grant said, “Throughout the war, and from my candidacy for my present office in 1868 to the close of the last presidential campaign, I have been the subject of abuse and slander scarcely ever equaled in political history.”

Theodore Roosevelt. He despised the press and called them a bunch of muckrakers for their sensationalism and false reporting. “The liars,” Roosevelt said of the media, “is no whit better than the thief, and if his mendacity take the form of slander he may be worse than most thieves.”

few people remember is that during World War I, Wilson curtailed the freedom of the press “through a dual strategy of censorship and propaganda.” According to History, Wilson wanted “authority to exercise censorship over the Press to the extent that that censorship. . . is absolutely necessary to the public safety.”

FDR..enjoyed an extended honeymoon with the press his first year as president. Yet, FDR’s legendary charm began wearing thin in 1934. By 1935, things were sliding into open warfare. He repeatedly griped about what he called “poisonous propaganda.” In the president’s mind, any reporter who wasn’t strongly for him was against him. Asking tough questions about his New Deal programs amounted to treason. Roosevelt took those questions as personal attacks and nurtured bitter grudges.
By the time he ran for re-election in 1936, he complained that 85 percent of the press was against him

Barack Obama’s lies and propaganda and attacks on conservative media. Obama made plenty of attacks on the press. “Under his administration, the U.S. government has set a new record for withholdingFreedom of Information Act requests,” which give the press an essential view into the workings of the executive branch. He declared war on leaks even while paying lip service to the protection of whistleblowers. Plus, he held infrequent news conferences, much to the dismay of the media.

Kennedy was friendly to some members of the press, but hostile to others. While his presidency began as a love affair with the press (or rather the press with him), that degenerated over time. This was especially true during the crisis with Cuba in 1961 and 1962. To the dismay of journalists, even friendly ones, Kennedy shut off access to foreign policy information.

Dwight Eisenhower was quite turbulent with the press. He restricted media access and caused many to believe the country was facing a crisis of liberty, and that government secrecy was growing.

Another president who also had his entanglements with the press is, of course, Richard Nixon, who called the press “the elites” and threatened to fire his press secretary if he didn’t keep media out of the White House. “I want it clearly understood from now on, ever no reporter from the Washington Post is ever to be in the White House. Is that clear?” Nixon said.

the press despised Lyndon B. Johnson. Members of the media accused Johnson of lying and of lacking credibility. Historians say that by 1967, many members of the White House press corps — and of the American media in general — had grown tired of Johnson’s efforts to manipulate and punish them.

sorry but this goes way back before Trump's was even born

so endeth the lesson

Old 07-29-2019, 10:22 AM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,381 posts, read 14,108,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Collusion is a description of a behavior. Conspiracy is an actual crime.

Here's what we know from the Mueller report:

"Russia reached out to the Trump campaign as they were trying to accomplish this."
Russia also reached out to the Clinton campaign as they were trying to accomplish this

hmm so-called alleged money laundering...

many connections to Obama and the clintons

the same Russian Investment Fund leader (Russian mafia) who met Trump has had dealings with, has met with bill and Hillary, and paid bill's speaking fee

the same Erik Prince (Blackwater) who got his first contracts under..bill Clinton

the same oligarch paid Clinton millions

Quote:
emails show Clinton Foundation staff pushed Hillary Clinton's State Department to approve a meeting between Bill Clinton and a powerful Russian oligarch as her agency lined up investors for a project under his purview.
The Clintons' relationship with Viktor Vekselberg, the billionaire whose name appears in the documents, has taken on new significance amid an expanding criminal
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/e...-investigation

Quote:

Quote:

Bill Clinton sought State Department approval to invite a powerful, Putin-backed Russian oligarch with an expansive history of corruption to the Clinton Global Initiative’s 2012 meeting while Clinton’s wife was secretary of state, according to an e-mail newly obtained by National Review.
The June 4, 2012 message was sent by Amitabh Desai, Bill Clinton’s foreign-policy director at the Clinton Foundation and the same man who later asked the State Department’s permission for Clinton to give paid speeches in North Korea and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
“Would [the U.S. government] have any concerns about CGI inviting Viktor Vekselberg, President of Renova Group, to attend CGI Annual Meeting in NYC in September?” Desai asks Clinton confidantes Cheryl Mills, Jake Sullivan, and Michael Fuchs under the subject line “Russia/Viktor Vekselberg?”
Valued at around $18 billion and described as the “oligarch’s oligarch,” Vekselberg is perhaps the richest man in Russia. Russian dissidents describe him as a key component of Putin’s economic regime, a man who has helped consolidate Russian industry under businesses friendly to the Kremlin in exchange for sweetheart deals and kickbacks. Vekselberg’s Renova Group, which contributed between $25,000 and $50,000 to the Clinton Foundation, seems to have tendrils in virtually every aspect of the Russian economy, from precious metals to oil to high-tech industry.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/...r-putin-email/

from 2015

Democrats and the left didn't just collude with Russia; they embraced them, and show no shame in having done so.
https://www.investors.com/politics/e...rump-campaign/

Old 07-29-2019, 11:04 AM

2,575 posts, read 4,342,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
What Trump supporters want is a synthesized alternate reality version of the news in line with the Dear Leaders thoughts and wisdom. Anyone else is a traitor to the cause and deemed unpatriotic. We’re right on the edge of a precipice with our freedom of the press. Disunited Authoritarian States of America.
Spoon fed logic and completely untrue. The intolerance is constantly and consistently on the left. The words "ban" and "racist" is today's democrat platform = Stop the open conversation and label those who disagree with democrats as immoral.

I see plenty of un American activities, but that doesn't make those same acts treasonist. However, I do see Antifa as treasonist as well as supremacists. Big difference and your comments are demagoguery.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:10 AM

7,025 posts, read 7,816,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
I'm not a Trump supporter, and I have no faith in mainstream media. Al Jazeera does a better job at being unbiased than any of the alphabet news networks. What I would like to see is a return to newscasters reporting the facts rather than giving us their opinion. I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see it.

Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM

11,360 posts, read 2,818,974 times
Most people don't know the difference between journalism and propaganda and activism.

Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM

828 posts, read 147,992 times
the msm is trash join reality bro. He is right.

Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM

30,413 posts, read 16,712,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
What a crock he is. How so many people are fooled is a very telling aspect of the nationalists.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/26/polit...ump/index.html

9. "I think the press has lost all credibility, much of it. But it's lost a big part of it. I mean, a very substantial part of it, lost all credibility."
So, the media has lost all credibility. Actually just most of the media. But all of the media has lost a big part of its credibility. Actually it's a "substantial" part of the media. But they've lost all credibility, that's for sure. Got it?
Consider the source, CNN. CNN lies continually, every day, 24/7

President Trump has NOT called "the free and independent media" anything. What he has said is the "Fake News" media (CNN, MSNBC, especially) are the enemy of the people, and he's absolutely right.

Anyone who knows history knows that what they do at these major networks used to be called, "yellow journalism." And that's exactly what they engage in. Much of their "reporting" is false. What isn't blatantly false is extremely one sided, usually presented in a way that is misleading.

There are many good sources. Those aren't what he's referring to. President Trump understands the value, and the necessity of free speech (something Facebook and Twitter don't seem to understand).

CNN's ratings are in the tank, and it's not surprising. So are MSNBC's. And never mind the New York Times, once regarded as "the paper of record."

These people have lost all credibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or