U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 01:52 PM

1,524 posts, read 331,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
She and others have been labeled the "face of the party" and are all over TV appearances etc. It's not the Republicans that are promoting them.
You've got to be kidding me. The President himself is promoting them (for his own reasons) as is FAUX NEWS. The are lowest on the totem pole freshmen reps who will be lucky to be re-elected. That's how the House works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 01:56 PM

1,913 posts, read 2,297,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Still wonder if she is secretly on Trump's reelection committee.
I've been wondering this myself lately. She is so far off the deep end loony that I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she is, in fact, a mole planted by Trump to make the Dems implode. If so, it's so far been a stunning success and strategically brilliant.

If that's true, then in that context, she's ten times as brilliant of a person as anyone currently gives her credit for. To be able to pull that off by spewing the utter nonsense that she does and millions are swallowing it hook line and sinker.

Old 07-26-2019, 01:58 PM

32,596 posts, read 26,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
https://pluralist.com/ocasio-cortez-...fT_a29BiDwQc_A

Is this not a call for open borders?
then AOC should personally pay for these people to be here, and not use taxpayer money. and she should be the one putting them up. otherwise she needs t be beaten about the head and shoulders until some sense seeps into that little brain of hers.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:02 PM

11,181 posts, read 4,927,381 times
Quote:
I wonder at this point how many Republicans are giving to her campaign.
I'd go a step further and say that she's actually in cahoots with Republicans to tarnish the image of the Democrat Party. I've suspected this for a while now.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:03 PM

915 posts, read 1,129,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
then AOC should personally pay for these people to be here, and not use taxpayer money. and she should be the one putting them up. otherwise she needs t be beaten about the head and shoulders until some sense seeps into that little brain of hers.
Agreed! Send her a affidavit of support form to fill out!

Old 07-26-2019, 02:04 PM

5,422 posts, read 4,349,975 times
Default AOC Says Living in the US Is a Human Right – Calls for ‘Lifelong’ Reparations for Illegals

Quote:
“It’s the ability to move and be — it’s the freedom to be, really, is what we’re talking about,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “And I think that
all people should be free to be here and in our communities.

Quote:

What an idiot, she's so preoccupied with her childish self-importance, she just spews this inane drivel.

It's gonna get real crowded around here.
7,720,300,000+ and counting

Old 07-26-2019, 02:07 PM
Status: "She was warned yet STILL she persisted" (set 12 days ago)

4,801 posts, read 4,416,213 times
Quote:

I watched that clip of yours and AOC was not calling for "open borders." She comes across to me as being very young and overly idealistic. She'll learn or else she won't. Only time will tell.

You also need to take her words in context. The president* has just told her to "go back to where she came from." The last I heard, the Bronx is still a part of the United States or did I miss the Bronx's secession from the Union when it was reported on the evening news? So, is AOC supposed to back to where her parents or great grandparents came from? If that's the case, quite a few Americans will have to start packing their bags. Go back to Switzerland, bi*ch! Go back to Germany, you schweinhund!

That aside, those on the right want to ignore the asylum laws which the Congress elected by we the people has put into place. There is a huge difference between showing up at the border and requesting asylum vs climbing the fence with a knife clenched between your teeth and a sack of drugs thrown over your shoulder. Members of the KGOP can't figure out the difference because they have discovered that fear mongering and hatred buys them votes. Shame on everyone in the republican party.

If you want to keep every last migrant and asylum seeker from entering the country then pressure your duly elected representatives to change the laws. The republicans could easily have done this when they held all three branches of government. Instead the KGOP decided it was more fun to squabble among themselves and attempt to deprive American CITIZENS of their healthcare. Way to go guys! I am so impressed that I think I'll vote republican next time around. NOT!

As much as anything, AOC is calling for humane treatment of those asylum seekers on our southern border and their right to due process under US law. If a migrant doesn't qualify for asylum status, send them back home, but don't keep them in crowded cages for months on end and/or tear children away from the arms of their parents. Their is no excuse what-so-ever for our current inhumane treatment of asylum seekers.

Why do all you old white men get so terrified of desperate women and children? You are just a bunch of old wussie boys enthralled by the propaganda feed on Trump TV.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:15 PM

35,988 posts, read 10,682,777 times
America's Official Crackpot strikes again!

Old 07-26-2019, 02:17 PM

5,724 posts, read 1,540,333 times
Quote:
Actually what she said was lifetime psychological help for being separated.

Still wonder if she is secretly on Trump's reelection committee.
Let's give her the benefit of the doubt that she meant psychological help. If anyone in processing centers need help, it's because people like AOC have refused to vote to give the centers more money. Why would they vote not approve more funding if they feel conditions are so poor? I'll tell you why - because they don't believe that people should have to go through a processing center. They believe the border should be wide open and that people should be able to waltz right in as they see fit.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:19 PM

5,724 posts, read 1,540,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I watched that clip of yours and AOC was not calling for "open borders." She comes across to me as being very young and overly idealistic. She'll learn or else she won't. Only time will tell.

You also need to take her words in context. The president* has just told her to "go back to where she came from." The last I heard, the Bronx is still a part of the United States or did I miss the Bronx's secession from the Union when it was reported on the evening news? So, is AOC supposed to back to where her parents or great grandparents came from? If that's the case, quite a few Americans will have to start packing their bags. Go back to Switzerland, bi*ch! Go back to Germany, you schweinhund!

That aside, those on the right want to ignore the asylum laws which the Congress elected by we the people has put into place. There is a huge difference between showing up at the border and requesting asylum vs climbing the fence with a knife clenched between your teeth and a sack of drugs thrown over your shoulder. Members of the KGOP can't figure out the difference because they have discovered that fear mongering and hatred buys them votes. Shame on everyone in the republican party.

If you want to keep every last migrant and asylum seeker from entering the country then pressure your duly elected representatives to change the laws. The republicans could easily have done this when they held all three branches of government. Instead the KGOP decided it was more fun to squabble among themselves and attempt to deprive American CITIZENS of their healthcare. Way to go guys! I am so impressed that I think I'll vote republican next time around. NOT!

As much as anything, AOC is calling for humane treatment of those asylum seekers on our southern border and their right to due process under US law. If a migrant doesn't qualify for asylum status, send them back home, but don't keep them in crowded cages for months on end and/or tear children away from the arms of their parents. Their is no excuse what-so-ever for our current inhumane treatment of asylum seekers.

Why do all you old white men get so terrified of desperate women and children? You are just a bunch of old wussie boys enthralled by the propaganda feed on Trump TV.
It doesn't matter what she meant. What matters is how it is perceived. We are now living in a new age that the so-called MSM has created, where truth is relative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or