U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 02:19 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,431,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I watched that clip of yours and AOC was not calling for "open borders." She comes across to me as being very young and overly idealistic. She'll learn or else she won't. Only time will tell.

You also need to take her words in context. The president* has just told her to "go back to where she came from." The last I heard, the Bronx is still a part of the United States or did I miss the Bronx's secession from the Union when it was reported on the evening news? So, is AOC supposed to back to where her parents or great grandparents came from? If that's the case, quite a few Americans will have to start packing their bags. Go back to Switzerland, bi*ch! Go back to Germany, you schweinhund!

That aside, those on the right want to ignore the asylum laws which the Congress elected by we the people has put into place. There is a huge difference between showing up at the border and requesting asylum vs climbing the fence with a knife clenched between your teeth and a sack of drugs thrown over your shoulder. Members of the KGOP can't figure out the difference because they have discovered that fear mongering and hatred buys them votes. Shame on everyone in the republican party.

If you want to keep every last migrant and asylum seeker from entering the country then pressure your duly elected representatives to change the laws. The republicans could easily have done this when they held all three branches of government. Instead the KGOP decided it was more fun to squabble among themselves and attempt to deprive American CITIZENS of their healthcare. Way to go guys! I am so impressed that I think I'll vote republican next time around. NOT!

As much as anything, AOC is calling for humane treatment of those asylum seekers on our southern border and their right to due process under US law. If a migrant doesn't qualify for asylum status, send them back home, but don't keep them in crowded cages for months on end and/or tear children away from the arms of their parents. Their is no excuse what-so-ever for our current inhumane treatment of asylum seekers.

Why do all you old white men get so terrified of desperate women and children? You are just a bunch of old wussie boys enthralled by the propaganda feed on Trump TV.
It's so ironic that you are claiming how Trump's "go back" comment is racist (which isn't) yet you end with such a racist comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 02:20 PM

35,655 posts, read 32,424,680 times
Quote:
I watched that clip of yours and AOC was not calling for "open borders." She comes across to me as being very young and overly idealistic. She'll learn or else she won't. Only time will tell.

You also need to take her words in context. The president* has just told her to "go back to where she came from." The last I heard, the Bronx is still a part of the United States or did I miss the Bronx's secession from the Union when it was reported on the evening news? So, is AOC supposed to back to where her parents or great grandparents came from? If that's the case, quite a few Americans will have to start packing their bags. Go back to Switzerland, bi*ch! Go back to Germany, you schweinhund!

That aside, those on the right want to ignore the asylum laws which the Congress elected by we the people has put into place. There is a huge difference between showing up at the border and requesting asylum vs climbing the fence with a knife clenched between your teeth and a sack of drugs thrown over your shoulder. Members of the KGOP can't figure out the difference because they have discovered that fear mongering and hatred buys them votes. Shame on everyone in the republican party.

If you want to keep every last migrant and asylum seeker from entering the country then pressure your duly elected representatives to change the laws. The republicans could easily have done this when they held all three branches of government. Instead the KGOP decided it was more fun to squabble among themselves and attempt to deprive American CITIZENS of their healthcare. Way to go guys! I am so impressed that I think I'll vote republican next time around. NOT!

As much as anything, AOC is calling for humane treatment of those asylum seekers on our southern border and their right to due process under US law. If a migrant doesn't qualify for asylum status, send them back home, but don't keep them in crowded cages for months on end and/or tear children away from the arms of their parents. Their is no excuse what-so-ever for our current inhumane treatment of asylum seekers.

Why do all you old white men get so terrified of desperate women and children? You are just a bunch of old wussie boys enthralled by the propaganda feed on Trump TV.

I'm sure you'd volunteer to house a bunch until their hearing huh. Ya, sure you would.

You know these people are asylum shopping otherwise why didn't they seek it in Mexico?

Old 07-26-2019, 02:22 PM

3,438 posts, read 4,370,749 times
I hope Pelosi verbally slaps her around some more. I'm a liberal by the standards of this site- and to be honest, we really need to either atone for previous actions or work on helping the folks who have been here awhile before we throw open the floodgates. The economy is changing and we need to find ways to provide training and relocation for the folks being displaced, not add even more people to the mix without adequate opportunity. And to go a step further the people would ideally want to embrace large swaths of our culture/society not simply be less bad than what they escape.

I am the grandchild of immigrants on one side and the child of a family that has been in the US for at least 400 years on the other side. In many ways the immigrant half of the family has a lot more appreciation for the freedom and opportunities in the US while the other side has more appreciation for some of the customs. But they still understood the importance of the other side of the coin. We need to establish a guest worker type arrangement for the folks who only want to be here intermittently and maintain the citizenship process for the people who truly appreciate this country.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:22 PM

5,752 posts, read 1,543,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm sure you'd volunteer to house a bunch until their hearing huh. Ya, sure you would.
He'd get used to the all-night beer parties and innards boiling in the backyard... In time...

Old 07-26-2019, 02:31 PM

924 posts, read 1,129,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Let's give her the benefit of the doubt that she meant psychological help. If anyone in processing centers need help, it's because people like AOC have refused to vote to give the centers more money. Why would they vote not approve more funding if they feel conditions are so poor? I'll tell you why - because they don't believe that people should have to go through a processing center. They believe the border should be wide open and that people should be able to waltz right in as they see fit.
I believe that these people should find a combination of border security, wall, fence, rivers, whatever, turn around and go back. No processing centers no holding and feeding illegals for weeks on end while they are "processed". Foreign embassy's are corrupt anyway, if we're trying to verify if some illegal person or family is a true asylum seeker or just trying to jump the border, it's all going to come down to if the bribe was enough back home anyway.
I mean if our country goes to complete **** and I go run across the border into another country, are they going to take me into a processing center, feed me, and give me psychological help? I highly doubt it.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:35 PM

12,699 posts, read 14,083,204 times
This looney tune loser has to be on the republican payroll, or on some kind of hard drugs.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:37 PM

4,003 posts, read 3,659,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Junior/freshman congress woman has no power. You can worry all you want, but most likely as a two-yr limit, won't be re-elected and can go back to bar tending.

Nothing-burger as you righties like to say. She's as nutty as the guy in the WH. But he has a little more power than she does, right? I'm more concerned about that perv.
She has no power? She is on the news cycle regularly. Bad publicity, beats no publicity. Pelosi is scared of her. The rest of the Democrat Party is terrified of her. No Democrat will run against and no Republican can win against her, she's golden.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:38 PM

18,523 posts, read 9,100,187 times
Quote:
Why are you threatened by people that disagree with you, and insane public policy? Why must you be racist, sexist, and insulting to those that disagree? I know why. You have NO reasonable, nor logical argument so you lash out and attempt to demonize.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:38 PM

40,662 posts, read 40,201,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
This looney tune loser has to be on the republican payroll, or on some kind of hard drugs.
I keep thinking the same thing, that she's on the payroll somehow.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:45 PM

12,273 posts, read 3,322,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
For like the umpteenth time, the tariff's placed on what used to be tax free imports from Mexico are going to pay for the wall. Mexico isn't going to just hand us a check for the wall. Duh.

As for the OP's post, lifelong reparations for illegals? How is that not open borders?
Grab your pitchforks...
Sorry, that's a deflection, and doesn't jive with what Trump said.

Trump didn't put any caveats, conditions, or qualifiers on that and as such the criticism that poster is serving up is fair.

If Trump wanted to avoid criticism on that by this point, then he should have phrased that as you did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or