U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 04:54 PM

18,480 posts, read 10,273,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Trump is in no way buddying up to Kim, Kim will do what he will do regardless. At least Trump stood up to him, unlike the previous clowns.
If "standing up to him" is what you call running to him like a puppy when Kim called him over the border, then yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 04:57 PM

18,480 posts, read 10,273,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What EXACTLY did Trump do that allowed this?

They were already in the nuke business, they had sanctions on them etc.

Short of starting a war with them I don't really see how this was preventable as they have no interest in doing otherwise.

Not Obama's fault either....or Bush....

So come on down and answer the question how this is Trumps fault because saying "buddy up" etc. is empty and vague.
Trump made the statement that I used for the title of this thread. As usual, he either didn't have a clue what he was talking about, or he lied through his teeth. You can decide for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3BF_dqcfgA

Old 07-26-2019, 10:05 PM

18,021 posts, read 11,408,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Trump is in no way buddying up to Kim, Kim will do what he will do regardless. At least Trump stood up to him, unlike the previous clowns.

Oh, and that did sooooo much good, didn't it ? As soon as Trump left, Kim laughed his butt off and fires off another rocket. He is probably still laughing.

Yeah, Trump really showed him who is boss !

Old 07-26-2019, 10:07 PM

18,021 posts, read 11,408,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Trump made the statement that I used for the title of this thread. As usual, he either didn't have a clue what he was talking about, or he lied through his teeth. You can decide for yourself.

Look at that image of Trump. He looks like Alfred E. Neuman, totally clueless. Kim is thinking "Boy, those voters in America really made my life a whole lot easier !"

Old 07-27-2019, 12:11 PM

831 posts, read 150,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Oh, and that did sooooo much good, didn't it ? As soon as Trump left, Kim laughed his butt off and fires off another rocket. He is probably still laughing.

Yeah, Trump really showed him who is boss !
Well at least he didn't give KIm any money and kick the can down the road like previous administrations have done. Would you be happier if he declared war on NK, I mean he doesn't have a lot of options here.

Old 07-27-2019, 12:12 PM

20,445 posts, read 11,374,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Why isn't Kim firing nukes?
He's scared of Trump.
He's using his soft toys instead.
He wasn't firing nukes before.

Old 07-27-2019, 12:14 PM

20,445 posts, read 11,374,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What EXACTLY did Trump do that allowed this?

They were already in the nuke business, they had sanctions on them etc.

Short of starting a war with them I don't really see how this was preventable as they have no interest in doing otherwise.

Not Obama's fault either....or Bush....

So come on down and answer the question how this is Trumps fault because saying "buddy up" etc. is empty and vague.
I think intially Kim didn't know what to make of Trump--whether Trump's bellicosity was genuinely an immediate threat of a drastic change of US policy... or not.

I think Kim now sees that "the show will go on."

Old 07-27-2019, 02:19 PM

52,441 posts, read 42,170,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

Political self promotion of course.

However, that doesn't make your comments accurate or truthful either.

At least he didn't get a nobel prize for his "accomplishment".

P.S. Please note that when Trump was talking tough with NK we had a lot of threads here about Trump starting WW3. Lots of people with the same bellicosity of Trump out there.

Old 07-27-2019, 02:21 PM

52,441 posts, read 42,170,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I think intially Kim didn't know what to make of Trump--whether Trump's bellicosity was genuinely an immediate threat of a drastic change of US policy... or not.

I think Kim now sees that "the show will go on."
What Kim knows is that any war with the US or SK is projected to kill about 100k South Koreans in the first week and that's without using nukes etc. Half of Seoul is within artillery range after all.

So really, I have low expectations of change.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:17 AM

38,897 posts, read 15,252,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
It's to Russia's advantage to keep the US preoccupied with NK. If there's a nuclear exchange, the US, SK, and Japan will take economic damage but Russia will stay out of it. If there's a non-nuclear war, it'll be the US versus China again. Ergo, Putin keeps sending Kim more advanced armaments and pays him to rattle the sword. It's a cunning strategy. Trump's going to get nowhere with Kim because Putin likes things just the way they are.
Nailed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies