U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 11:42 AM

5,665 posts, read 1,518,881 times

Advertisements

What a week for the President as Mueller fizzled, the Jihad Squad continues to squawk and now the wall is coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2019, 11:58 AM

5,189 posts, read 1,423,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
What, no liberals to scream that this means Mexico isn't paying for the wall?

As though we won't see much larger revenue coming into the country (or being retained inside the country) due to the wall being built and thousands (millions) of aliens no longer being allowed to illegally cross the border?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This officially breaks his #1 promise that Mexico will pay for the wall.
These people are SO predictable.....

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Old 07-27-2019, 12:01 PM

27,233 posts, read 9,230,530 times
Supreme Court clears the way.....

Takes a bulldozer to the open borders idea !!!

SCOTUS supports sovereign nation as founders intended !!!

Old 07-27-2019, 12:44 PM

20,339 posts, read 12,188,527 times
Remember what I keep saying the very basic 3 branches of government are being slowly eradicated. I do not care if it’s for the wall or not - once you reallocate funds mandated by law to a program and the judge just changes it- just opened Pandora’s box. Now money can be moved for whatever a president or someone else feels it’s necessary. The budget analysts for DOD must be in flames ��. Sad day

Old 07-27-2019, 01:02 PM

45,783 posts, read 18,138,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Remember what I keep saying the very basic 3 branches of government are being slowly eradicated. I do not care if itís for the wall or not - once you reallocate funds mandated by law to a program and the judge just changes it- just opened Pandoraís box. Now money can be moved for whatever a president or someone else feels itís necessary. The budget analysts for DOD must be in flames ��. Sad day
Big logical fallacy on that argument.

You make up a generality to address a specific decision made by the court. And that decision wasn't made by a "judge". It was made by the Supreme Court. Trump is following the laws and Constitution as written.

Old 07-27-2019, 01:18 PM

1,153 posts, read 585,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Yes, I would. I would also work harder to pay for their healthcare and let my own children suffer.
Move to California where you actually would be paying for their healthcare, and knock yourself out!

Old 07-27-2019, 01:19 PM

20,339 posts, read 12,188,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

You make up a generality to address a specific decision made by the court. And that decision wasn't made by a "judge". It was made by the Supreme Court. Trump is following the laws and Constitution as written.
I do undertand it was the Supreme Court - what then will they rule on the next request? Budget is a huge factor. With the shut down there was 2 year money in certain programs - for instance DOD - the military got paid because of law- but alas the billions could not be touched to pay the coast guards or vet admin. Well if good enough for a wall, let see what happens with another shut down. Why mr t trying to get rid of the fed union now. It’s the precedence that has been made. I’m sure lawyers prepping now

Old 07-27-2019, 01:27 PM

5,552 posts, read 5,737,720 times
Quote:
Remember what I keep saying the very basic 3 branches of government are being slowly eradicated. I do not care if it’s for the wall or not - once you reallocate funds mandated by law to a program and the judge just changes it- just opened Pandora’s box. Now money can be moved for whatever a president or someone else feels it’s necessary. The budget analysts for DOD must be in flames ��. Sad day
yawn...yall keep playing this script and try to pretend as if you see the 'big picture' in all of this rather than admit that you were just wrong, and that Trump was right and the SCOTUS, at the current moment, backs him on this.

This doesn't set any precedent, because every case is different. Just because SCOTUS has given him the green light to divert funds from the budget of the DOD for other security measures, while they are still reviewing the case, DOES NOT mean that they will do it for every President from that point on for whatever it is that they want. it doesn't mean that a Dem President will get the same backing for climate change or healthcare and it doesn't mean that the very same SCOTUS judges will be there when they try.

Old 07-27-2019, 02:04 PM

1,331 posts, read 299,813 times
Quote:
Fore fathers turning in grave. Toss the Constitution. No need for it, is there.

Old 07-27-2019, 03:11 PM

4,832 posts, read 2,588,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

Which will make it all that more delicious when some day in the future a Democratic president decides to bypass the will of Congress on their pet project. Turnabout is fair play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or