U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:10 AM

12,697 posts, read 4,289,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
BIG difference between a wall around ones house and one covering the Southern part of the U.S.
Privacy is the main reason people have a wall. When people can dig UNDER a wall said wall becomes a waste of taxpayers money.
BS. Security is the reason people have walls, privacy is a secondary concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:25 AM

1,219 posts, read 189,115 times
Quote:
BIG difference between a wall around ones house and one covering the Southern part of the U.S.
Privacy is the main reason people have a wall. When people can dig UNDER a wall said wall becomes a waste of taxpayers money.
Bull****. A wall around your house is for security, not privacy.

I dont have a wall around my house, but i do have 4 ft tall picket fence on my front yard so people dont have their dogs take a dump on my grass

Old Yesterday, 07:27 AM

35,405 posts, read 32,303,347 times
Quote:
The San Diego sector has brought II to a standstill here. It OBVIOUSLY works.

Old Yesterday, 07:29 AM

35,405 posts, read 32,303,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Like my grandpa used to say. Good fences make for good neighbors.... Especially if one neighbor likes to trespass more than they should!!!!!
That and if their neighbors next to them want your stuff as bad as your neighbors do too.

Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM

1,147 posts, read 580,863 times
Quote:
Actually, not really. It's simply a matter of security and keeping people out who shouldn't be there.

It's pretty much the same thing.

Old Yesterday, 03:09 PM

14,701 posts, read 9,157,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
BS. Security is the reason people have walls, privacy is a secondary concern.
It depends on what type of fence ones talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Bull****. A wall around your house is for security, not privacy.

I dont have a wall around my house, but i do have 4 ft tall picket fence on my front yard so people dont have their dogs take a dump on my grass
So anyone but a Hobbit can easily get over your fence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Link? Because even the border patrol knows understands that they are digging UNDER these fences.
Trump was even showed pictures of them. I guess conservatives ignored that part. Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Actually, not really. It's simply a matter of security and keeping people out who shouldn't be there.

It's pretty much the same thing.
Again, what type of fence are you referring too?

Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM

45,769 posts, read 18,127,357 times
Trump finally gets his wall.

Democrats heads exploding.

Great Day in America.

Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM

1,147 posts, read 580,863 times
Quote:

Again, what type of fence are you referring too?
I don't have a problem with intruders, but if I put a fence up it would be 8' (tallest allowable by law) to keep people out.

I'm looking to put a pool in--by law you have to have a 6 foot fence so strangers won't jump in your pool and drown.

Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM

37,173 posts, read 16,482,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

Exactly, and no one has tunneled under them successfully either. The last person that tried to climb over the good walls broke both legs trying. These pro-illegals are so desperate to keep our border unsecured that they lie like a rug about the effectiveness of the good walls in place already in spite of the facts presented to them.

Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM

3,573 posts, read 973,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
LOL a wall that won't work. Does Nancy Pelosi have a wall around her mansion? Why do you think she does?
Oh, are you referencing the white mansion she supposedly owns? Which actually isn't hers? She has a red brick house with no fence.

There is a fence around her winery, but it's more decorative than hardcore security or anything. When Laura Loomer pulled her stunt there, you can see that the wall is shorter than her by quite a bit...falls under her bust as she is standing against it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or