U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:12 AM

34,754 posts, read 33,810,008 times

Advertisements

I know a couple (he's 80, she's in her late 70s) go to Disneyworld to take photos of animals and birds. They are photography hobbyists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:20 AM

4,340 posts, read 2,644,883 times
I'll tell you what, I will not take my childless self to Disney whatever and you stop taking your government subsidy for your kids. I am subsidizing your kids because I don't get a tax break and you do. How is that fair?

Old Yesterday, 07:21 AM

4,379 posts, read 2,576,391 times
I can't understand why anyone would want to go to Disney in the first place.

~A mother of two young children.

Old Yesterday, 08:59 AM

24,046 posts, read 32,979,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
If you typically have to wait 3 hours for a pretzel, Disney Land has management problems.

I would be irritated too, if I spent the gobs of money it costs to get there, and had to spend significant time waiting for food.

Personally, I can't imagine why anyone goes there to begin with. Just the thought gives me a boredom headache.

And yes, I know a couple in their 50's that goes every year, for a week, without kids. And when the kids were young, they'd leave them with grandma and grandpa and go by themselves. And that wasn't the weirdest thing about her.
One of the awesomest things about not having children is NOT HAVING TO DO CRAP LIKE THIS.

Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM

33,419 posts, read 20,248,429 times
well, what about those people just lost their children?

I have a friend who recently lost a son, and he cannot visit Disneyland anymore? This woman better check what she says, this kind of insensitivity does not make her a kind person.

Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM

33,419 posts, read 20,248,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I'll tell you what, I will not take my childless self to Disney whatever and you stop taking your government subsidy for your kids. I am subsidizing your kids because I don't get a tax break and you do. How is that fair?
I will STILL take my childless self to Disney whenever I want.

She can still bark whenever she wants, I will just ignore her annoying ass.

Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM

16,448 posts, read 8,963,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Disney is more fun without kids!

Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM

22,887 posts, read 16,944,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
If you go to Florida you should assume alligators period.
Correct! You can't "control" the alligators. While they are no longer on the endangered species list, no one bothers them unless they become a nuisance, ie: in someone's pool, backyard, etc. Usually they end up in places like that because idiots feed them - I can't even begin to explain how stupid it is to feed wild animals.

As for Disney - it's a lake. If there's a body of water in Florida, a gator is going to find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

I like Mikala's suggestion the best: If you are around one of these "I spawned the Christ child" types, buy whatever it is that they are ranting about, then throw it away right in front of them - make sure you make eye contact when you do it.

Old Yesterday, 04:15 PM

5,350 posts, read 3,075,622 times
Disney has priced us ott anyway.

Old Yesterday, 04:32 PM

8,368 posts, read 9,844,049 times
Just another bitter breeder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or