U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 09:52 AM

9,532 posts, read 10,258,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Sorry, YOU made the claim you KNOW what EVERY black AND white person THINKS, NOT ME.

"to never come into contact with a Black or White person who is not repulsed by that picture."
If these young men encounter a single person in their entire lifetime who is repulsed by what they did it would prove me correct.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:05 AM

8,152 posts, read 2,457,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"What do you think was the intent of taking that picture?" Could be satire. Considering NO ONE has posted what the picture takers were thinking, the is NO way to know.

To ASSUME why, only shows a racist bias.

If their intent was satire why the resistance to further inquiry/investigation?

Old 07-28-2019, 10:47 AM

55,892 posts, read 74,910,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Tell us about this aggressive in-store behavior. His unwanted attention towards a white woman? You do know she admitted she made the whole thing up, right?
No I don’t know that to be so
But of this I am sure if your mother or mine were treated in that manner our reaction would be the same

Old 07-28-2019, 10:50 AM

7,437 posts, read 1,682,222 times
Regardless of what happens to those idiots, we know their character by their actions.

They certainly were not taking pictures while holding guns in front of an Emmet Till sign because they love and support the African-American community LOL.

They did it because they hate black people. And the OP is right -- you can't blame this on Trump. A portion of white people in America have hated black people for centuries.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:52 AM

11,137 posts, read 6,194,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
No I don’t know that to be so
But of this I am sure if your mother or mine were treated in that manner our reaction would be the same
And what manner is that? The woman recanted.

https://www.biography.com/news/emmett-till-accuser-lied

Old 07-28-2019, 11:00 AM

25,187 posts, read 9,815,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I would hope that desecration of a memorial for a victim that was murdered would generate universal outrage, rather than “they can’t prove it and it’s not a crime”. That picture is despicable but at least the fraternity exhibited some common sense.

There used to be rules governing common decency, but that is evidently no longer the case.
I'm just focused on the moral issue at play when it comes to the State (the most immoral entity to ever be socially constructed so I'm fighting an uphill battle).

Why does the State even consider investigating a matter in which no natural rights were violated and no victim was produced?

Rules governing common decency? What rules? The ones that say you can kill a black kid for being accused of talking to a white woman? Those old rules of decency?

Old 07-28-2019, 11:09 AM

172 posts, read 33,554 times
Would these be the same kind of people who cry their little hearts out when a confederate memorial is disrespected? Cute guns btw, and God Bless the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment bc we ALL got'em. They would do well to remember that.

Old 07-28-2019, 11:12 AM

8,786 posts, read 5,468,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Tell us about this aggressive in-store behavior. His unwanted attention towards a white woman? You do know she admitted she made the whole thing up, right?
All the racist people are together on this, you won't be able change who they are and how they think. This is shameful to this country around the world, a ugly part of history that never went away.

Old 07-28-2019, 11:20 AM

8,786 posts, read 5,468,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Regardless of what happens to those idiots, we know their character by their actions.

They certainly were not taking pictures while holding guns in front of an Emmet Till sign because they love and support the African-American community LOL.

They did it because they hate black people. And the OP is right -- you can't blame this on Trump. A portion of white people in America have hated black people for centuries.
That picture tells me that they agree with what happen to Till, they have no problems with it, and that they would probably have done the same thing. Absolutely nothing positive comes out that picture, nothing. And they wonder why they are seen as the party of racist people. What decent human being would what to be a part of a picture like that, and even worse is people trying to justify it.

Old 07-28-2019, 11:46 AM

4,811 posts, read 4,056,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand and sea View Post
There is free speech. And there is hate speech. It is sad if you do not know the difference.
So do you aspire to become a member of the Thought Police, judging the very thoughts and resulting speech of others? I’ll agree that actively threatening to harm others is not to be tolerated, but offending is hardly the same. Likewise, I find the very notion of “hate crime” to be ridiculous as actions are either criminal or not and are not based the feels of anyone. Back to speech, if I advocate pissing on the grave of Emmit Till, what crime have I committed? I understand those using him to further their playing of the victim card will scream with outrage (per their agenda), but where is the crime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or