U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 11:53 AM

11,137 posts, read 6,191,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Trump View Post
I'm assuming they were trying to be as outrageous as possible by basically giving the finger to the white-hating Left and people of color. What better place to do it than at that site?
I wouldn't take it personal ... but if you do ... oh well.
Why do you assume that, and not that they were simply expressing their own beliefs? Because it makes you feel better to think that?

Sorry, but this is a really lame defense of an obvious racist photo op these lovely young southern boys seem to be very proud of, judging by the looks on their faces.

Old 07-28-2019, 11:54 AM

18,567 posts, read 9,113,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
So do you aspire to become a member of the Thought Police, judging the very thoughts and resulting speech of others? I’ll agree that actively threatening to harm others is not to be tolerated, but offending is hardly the same. Likewise, I find the very notion of “hate crime” to be ridiculous as actions are either criminal or not and are not based the feels of anyone. Back to speech, if I advocate pissing on the grave of Emmit Till, what crime have I committed? I understand those using him to further their playing of the victim card will scream with outrage (per their agenda), but where is the crime?
It is Orwell, and 1984 to these CONTROL FREAKS. They want to be able to decide for YOU what is hate speech, and it will be anything in which they disagree. Like political, economic and social topics.

They want an East German, STASI like enforcement agency to enforce their "politically correct" version of speech. Loretta Lynch, Obama's AG, was calling for prosecution of people that said anything anti Muslim.

Old 07-28-2019, 12:30 PM

51,034 posts, read 26,968,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Many liberals believe there should be laws for hurting other people's feelings.
What do you think they were trying to convey with this picture?

Old 07-28-2019, 12:40 PM

7,435 posts, read 1,680,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
That picture tells me that they agree with what happen to Till, they have no problems with it, and that they would probably have done the same thing. Absolutely nothing positive comes out that picture, nothing. And they wonder why they are seen as the party of racist people. What decent human being would what to be a part of a picture like that, and even worse is people trying to justify it.
Absolutely. I agree with all of this.

Old 07-28-2019, 12:51 PM

33,499 posts, read 14,119,198 times
Quote:
Nah, it doesn't make me feel better to think that, I already feel good ... They broke the Left's b#lls. That's all that really matters to me.

And, yeah, maybe they do hate black people ... A lot of people do. And a lot of black people hate white people. Round and round we go.
Sure desecrating a monument to Till is surely a great way to enrage the left along with anyone else that has any degree of morality. I would love to meet the parents of this trio, I’m betting the apples didn’t fall far from the tree.

Nice response, they’re all bad people, reminds me of someone.

Old 07-28-2019, 12:52 PM

11,137 posts, read 6,191,837 times
Quote:
Nah, it doesn't make me feel better to think that, I already feel good ... They broke the Left's b#lls. That's all that really matters to me..
Good for you for supporting racism as long as it "breaks the left's balls." It's refreshing to see someone admit it.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:04 PM

33,499 posts, read 14,119,198 times
Quote:
Good chance you'd lose that bet. Sometimes kids think differently than their parents ... you just don't know.
I've known bad people from good families and vice versa.
Odds are they are in good company with over 200 likes on Instagram.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:27 PM

8,786 posts, read 5,465,725 times
Quote:
Are their parents on the 'like' list?
I haven't seen anywhere the parents out there denouncing what their child have done either, that speaks for itself. No statements anywhere of their disapproval what they did.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:20 PM

11,713 posts, read 8,534,955 times
Quote:
Good chance you'd lose that bet. Sometimes kids think differently than their parents ... you just don't know.
I've known bad people from good families and vice versa.
Those parents knew the minute the boys pledged KA what they had raised. It has not been a secret for over 60 years.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:25 PM

35,679 posts, read 32,442,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
It might be.

There are laws against terrorism and brandishing guns in front of such a sign are exactly what the Klan did - intimidation of an entire class of people!

You know, what the Right calls "Terrorism" and spent 5 Trillion in attempt to suppress???
You don't know what brandishing means cause that ain't it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or