Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 11:05 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,465,808 times

Advertisements

I like people who are honest about their hatred. I'd much rather live around people like this than people who pretend to be nice but are not.

Old 07-29-2019, 04:45 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
I like people who are honest about their hatred. I'd much rather live around people like this than people who pretend to be nice but are not.
Although they don't call it hatred, they call it 'heritage'. That is dishonest.

Old 07-29-2019, 05:19 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Jeez, how did I know they were KAs before reading the article?
Kappa Alpha honors Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee as its “spiritual founder”:

From their website:

Quote:
Kappa Alpha Order was founded on December 21, 1865, during Lee’s presidency. Lee was not a member of Kappa Alpha Order, but his religious convictions, exemplary ideals, values, strong leadership, courtesy, respect for others and gentlemanly conduct greatly influenced the students at Washington College. His requirement for all students was, “We have but one rule—that every student must be a gentleman.” It is in this spirit that Lee is noted as the Order’s Spiritual Founder.
https://www.kappaalphaorder.org/ka/history/lee/

Old 07-29-2019, 06:14 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Trump View Post
You'd have better luck asking the young men in the photo.
They could have chosen hundreds of civil war monuments for their photo ops but they chose this one, I think we can all guess the reason.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:53 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Mississippi revels in it though. They like their reputation.

You just can’t understand how retrograde they are unless you spend time there. It’s astounding.

My grandparents are my heroes for getting our family the hell up outta Mississippi. I thank my lucky stars all the time about that.
I went to Naval A school in Meridian, MS in the late 80s after boot camp. Myself along with other guys from the school went out in town to have pizza, we were all people of color. As we were eating, a woman started yelling at us to leave for no reason, that we don't want you here, and to go back where you came from. I remember this like yesterday, and nobody tried to stop here as the place got extremely quiet. Didn't matter to her that we were young guys in uniform who just wanted pizza, all she saw was people of color. So, I do have some experience with that state, and a place that you couldn't pay me all the money in the world to live there.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:14 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I went to Naval A school in Meridian, MS in the late 80s after boot camp. Myself along with other guys from the school went out in town to have pizza, we were all people of color. As we were eating, a woman started yelling at us to leave for no reason, that we don't want you here, and to go back where you came from. I remember this like yesterday, and nobody tried to stop here as the place got extremely quiet. Didn't matter to her that we were young guys in uniform who just wanted pizza, all she saw was people of color. So, I do have some experience with that state, and a place that you couldn't pay me all the money in the world to live there.
We won't stop for gasoline in Miss or Al on the way to see our grandkids.

Although we considered buying a home in Alabama years ago due to their tax structure. My friend who had a scholarship to Auburn convinced me that paying no taxes was not worth living win Alabama.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:30 AM

2,801 posts, read 3,859,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Trump is as responsible for this sort of behavior as Obama was for the behaviors of every black person.

This image will likely have a lasting impact the students for the rest of their lives.
Good point. Obama was and is blamed for encouraging lawlessness, race-baiting, and promoting violence by Black Americans. Every time there was a lawful protest by Black Lives Matter, somehow Obama got blamed for being "divisive."

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?. The thing is...most liberals and Obama supporters recognize that the responsibility for this stupid behavior lies with the morons who took this photo. Some will blame Trump for creating a climate of permissiveness towards racist behavior through his words and deeds, but when that happens, instead of attacking the people making those claims, ask yourself if you did the same during the Obama years every time a Black American did something stupid.

Old 07-29-2019, 12:52 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
The sign gets shot up by sickos every year it seems. I often see it and the graves of black Americans who were involved in the BPP (most notably Fred Hampton who was killed by Chicago police) riddled with bullets in black media.

It is both sad and evidence of the fact that many people in this country still are routing and working for the re-establishment of white supremacy in our society.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:26 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
There should be an investigation into whether or not it was those young men who shot up the memorial, absolutely. If it was, they should suffer the consequences of that illegal action.

Whatever the school and fraternity decide to do are the business of the school and fraternity, respectively.

Old 07-29-2019, 02:11 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You Need proof of voting record in Mississippi,
i need proof of their statements of wonderment that ipaper described.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
always that remote possibility that these 3 are liberal democrats.

or non-voters, which is far more likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies