U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 10:26 PM

20,682 posts, read 8,863,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Polls as a reputable occupation RIP with the 2016 election. No matter who the poll is performed by.
Tell that to Trump then. He got so bent out of shape with this poll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2019, 11:40 PM

1,147 posts, read 969,704 times
Imagine being this much of a partisan shill

Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM

14,446 posts, read 7,967,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"I can't get into the evidentiary findings..."

"Yes, you can because you wrote about it. You gave us the answer."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKSKKLAStK0

This part of the clown show is just beginning.

A gift from the Democrats going into 2020.
More grand standing and show boating from the apologist. Papadopoulos went to jail for lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russian's while working for the Trump presidency. He also paid a $9,500 dollar fine, must participate in community service and be on probation for a year. A little research escapes the low information Kool aid drinkers. Yes you're right, it is a gift for those of us who can't apologize, lie, spin, and give half truths to low information people who only see what they want to see.

Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,712,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
One thing for sure. Trump is giving this country something it probably has needed for a while now - one big shakeup. I'm still not a fan of him, but I am also totally disgusted with the left that I've sided with my entire life.
Bankruptcy?

Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM

5,667 posts, read 1,510,847 times
Quote:
One thing for sure. Trump is giving this country something it probably has needed for a while now - one big shakeup. I'm still not a fan of him, but I am also totally disgusted with the left that I've sided with my entire life.
President Trump is indeed giving us a big shakeup, which is sorely needed and which is the best thing that has happened to this country in a long time. Of course, the reason he is getting so much pushback is because the entrenched, corrupt elite are scared to death he will be able to drain the swamp.

Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM

8,876 posts, read 4,466,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
What a huge week for the Republicans:

- Supreme Court says border wall can move forward
- Guatemala agrees to asylum deal after pressure from Trump
- Stock markets surge to record highs

It hasn't been this bad for the Democrats since Lincoln (R) ended slavery!
After Trump: The Political and Moral Legitimacy of American Government

"Although public opinion is crucial in determining what can be done politically, it cannot be mandated, or controlled, from the center. It must arise organically from the people in the country at large, and should originate in civil society institutions.

This is not a new problem. When Lincoln was faced with the necessity of confronting slavery as a political and moral issue, he could not side with the abolitionists.
<snip>
It remains to be seen if the American people understand or will come to understand themselves as political citizens of the nation-state, or as administrative subjects of a rational global order. Much depends upon whether the American people have become so dependent upon the administrative state that the overthrow of the established order is not merely difficult, but undesirable. In that case, political self-government, and individual freedom, will cease to be important elements of the American regime." (my emphasis)

Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM

16,528 posts, read 16,641,367 times
Mueller not knowing about Fusion Gps/Pee-dossier, wow, that is just insane.

Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM

6,499 posts, read 3,482,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Bankruptcy?
That remains to be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
President Trump is indeed giving us a big shakeup, which is sorely needed and which is the best thing that has happened to this country in a long time. Of course, the reason he is getting so much pushback is because the entrenched, corrupt elite are scared to death he will be able to drain the swamp.
I don't quite reside further right with standing behind the drain the swamp rhetoric. Remember I've always been a left leaning liberal. If what is occurring now in the country and globally doesn't scare you, then I believe you are just numb to it all. I'm not all doom and gloom and the end is near, nor have I gained entrance into Fantasy Land.

I sit in the middle and watch with concern, go about my daily life, and hope for the best.

Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM

5,667 posts, read 1,510,847 times
Quote:
That remains to be seen.

I don't quite reside further right with standing behind the drain the swamp rhetoric. Remember I've always been a left leaning liberal. If what is occurring now in the country and globally doesn't scare you, then I believe you are just numb to it all. I'm not all doom and gloom and the end is near, nor have I gained entrance into Fantasy Land.

I sit in the middle and watch with concern, go about my daily life, and hope for the best.
No, I don't know where you lean, as I don't go back and read a posters every post like some. However, I am happy to see Trump shaking things up, as I believe that corruption and the old system should be brought down.

The way I view Trump, is that for people like me, we are using each other mutually. I'm using him to get what I want, knowing he has no true political ideology. I also know he is using me to have some power at the end of his life, and I'm fine with that, as long as I'm getting mine.

Old Today, 07:56 AM

8,876 posts, read 4,466,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
No, I don't know where you lean, as I don't go back and read a posters every post like some. However, I am happy to see Trump shaking things up, as I believe that corruption and the old system should be brought down.

The way I view Trump, is that for people like me, we are using each other mutually. I'm using him to get what I want, knowing he has no true political ideology. I also know he is using me to have some power at the end of his life, and I'm fine with that, as long as I'm getting mine.
Quote:
corruption and the old system should be brought down.
It takes one to know one right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or