U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-27-2019, 01:12 PM
 
4,685 posts, read 2,944,750 times
Reputation: 1551

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I'm wondering if there is a single rabid anti-gay legislator who isn't a closet gay. I'm guessing we could count them on one hand.

Self-loathing is a terrible way to live.
we finally agree on something. this is why I could never vote for a democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-27-2019, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Middle of the Pacific Ocean
11,863 posts, read 6,357,932 times
Reputation: 11680
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Dems never shout they are the Christian conserves
But they do run on "values," too. That they don't run as Christian conservatives is irrelevant. They aren't exactly running as low morals bodies, though many act like it sometimes.

Seriously, you don't need to shout that you're a family values candidate to give that impression and sell that message. Do you think Bill had Hillary and Chelsea by his side for the fun of it??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2019, 01:17 PM
 
11,016 posts, read 6,147,837 times
Reputation: 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
we finally agree on something. this is why I could never vote for a democrat.
But you'll defend a man who runs on an anti-gay platform while soliciting gay dating sites cruising for a hookup. Yeah, those are some high standards you got there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2019, 01:20 PM
 
4,685 posts, read 2,944,750 times
Reputation: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
But you'll defend a man who runs on an anti-gay platform while soliciting gay dating sites cruising for a hookup. Yeah, those are some high standards you got there.
as you can see from my previous statement, I didn't see much to suggest he was anti gay. I also never said I would vote for him. I vote for people who are fiscally responsible. so that means I don't vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2019, 01:21 PM
 
Location: Planet Earth
7,247 posts, read 8,255,608 times
Reputation: 4941
Those who scream the loudest about being anti-gay typically have something to hide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2019, 01:24 PM
 
11,016 posts, read 6,147,837 times
Reputation: 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
as you can see from my previous statement, I didn't see much to suggest he was anti gay. I also never said I would vote for him. I vote for people who are fiscally responsible. so that means I don't vote.
Excellent! You made my day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2019, 01:25 PM
Status: "45 is a Puppet" (set 3 days ago)
 
18,224 posts, read 11,190,567 times
Reputation: 9558
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Honesty does not seem to be a quality of the "family values" party.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...Xit1g2ZALPZAFc
Anti-gay gay Republicans are such a cliche'. One think the gay ones would at least say nothing but noooo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2019, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Middle of the Pacific Ocean
11,863 posts, read 6,357,932 times
Reputation: 11680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Those who scream the loudest about being anti-gay typically have something to hide.
While I don't know if this is true, they are suspect to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2019, 01:36 PM
 
Location: Here.
13,945 posts, read 12,683,900 times
Reputation: 16359
Seems logical to me. He was ashamed of being gay because he believed it is wrong, so he voted against gay-friendly issues.

Not something I would do, but I am an understanding person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2019, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Places you dream of
20,336 posts, read 12,184,671 times
Reputation: 8826
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
But they do run on "values," too. That they don't run as Christian conservatives is irrelevant. They aren't exactly running as low morals bodies, though many act like it sometimes.

Seriously, you don't need to shout that you're a family values candidate to give that impression and sell that message. Do you think Bill had Hillary and Chelsea by his side for the fun of it??
Read the post. The guy was an anti -screamer! Having Family values is American standard we project. And it has changed. Mom dad and 2.5 kids and a dog is not the norm anymore. I’m a Christian and understand live and let live. Love all and God will judge. Only time I raise my go on the attack mode is some one hurting kids or in defence of some one bullied in some way.
This is one of many who condemned and was an active participant. That’s the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top