U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-28-2019, 09:14 PM
 
Location: Upstate NY
35,888 posts, read 10,632,575 times
Reputation: 34098

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I'm gonna have to side with the complainers on this one. They should have made the doll a color that no actual person is, like blue or purple.

...or white.

Guaranteed, that wouldn't have been a problem.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-29-2019, 06:35 AM
 
Location: Cumberland Co., TN
22,044 posts, read 21,810,679 times
Reputation: 21577
Why not just don't buy it instead of making an I'm offended fuss.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 06:37 AM
 
51,021 posts, read 26,884,779 times
Reputation: 15995
Thatís ok. The cops will at least keep using real human beings.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 06:46 AM
 
353 posts, read 50,139 times
Reputation: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Thatís ok. The cops will at least keep using real human beings.

It's not the cops that the average black person has to worry about if they're concerned about being killed or being beat up.


And more regular folks will get away with it than even the cops (fro whom citizens have a better chance of obtaining civil, if not criminal justice). This, of course, due to the "no snitch" culture.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 06:51 AM
 
51,021 posts, read 26,884,779 times
Reputation: 15995
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
It's not the cops that the average black person has to worry about if they're concerned about being killed or being beat up.


And more regular folks will get away with it than even the cops (fro whom citizens have a better chance of obtaining civil, if not criminal justice). This, of course, due to the "no snitch" culture.
ďThan even the copsĒ

See. You inadvertently confessed it. You didnít mean to, but it was just a Freudian slip I guess.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 07:08 AM
 
353 posts, read 50,139 times
Reputation: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
ďThan even the copsĒ

See. You inadvertently confessed it. You didnít mean to, but it was just a Freudian slip I guess.

Nothing Freudian about it. I have never entered any conversation on this site about police.

People - including cops - get away with doing bad things to people every day.

But, you're missing the point: You have a vastly statistically have a greater chance being killed walking through Chicago than you do in any encounter with a police officer.

In fact, on a per-occurrence basis, the average black person is more likely to be "roughed up" by a police officer, while the average white person is more likely to be killed.


But I realize that math and statistics is hard for people, and that in this day and age, it's OK to loudly proclaim that one might be "factually wrong but morally correct."
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 07:35 AM
 
51,021 posts, read 26,884,779 times
Reputation: 15995
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Nothing Freudian about it. I have never entered any conversation on this site about police.

People - including cops - get away with doing bad things to people every day.

But, you're missing the point: You have a vastly statistically have a greater chance being killed walking through Chicago than you do in any encounter with a police officer.

In fact, on a per-occurrence basis, the average black person is more likely to be "roughed up" by a police officer, while the average white person is more likely to be killed.


But I realize that math and statistics is hard for people, and that in this day and age, it's OK to loudly proclaim that one might be "factually wrong but morally correct."
Chicago is about 1773 miles from me. So Whatís your point?

The last time I was in Chicago (fairly recently), I didnít feel endangered even once.

Maybe you mean if YOU walk thru Chicago. Lol...you right wingers are scared of your own shadows anyway.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 07:45 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
12,840 posts, read 8,843,563 times
Reputation: 6543
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Chicago is about 1773 miles from me. So Whatís your point?

The last time I was in Chicago (fairly recently), I didnít feel endangered even once.

Maybe you mean if YOU walk thru Chicago. Lol...you right wingers are scared of your own shadows anyway.
sure--cause its "left wingers" that are getting offed in record numbers in Chicago..why would right wingers be afraid?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:13 AM
 
Location: New York Area
16,096 posts, read 6,334,951 times
Reputation: 12463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
No such thing as bad publicity.

But anyhow, in this hypersensitive age we live in, how could anyone not know some would be offended? I mean, a black colored doll?? Come on now, so obvious.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/blac...193024053.html

https://www.inquirer.com/resizer/0k9...F6ZN3XXIE.jpeg
Minority communities have worse problems than offending rag dolls.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:15 AM
 
27,248 posts, read 9,240,126 times
Reputation: 9504
Darn it !!!

I was sure we were going to discuss members of congress with that thread title and expose Nervous Nancy and Crying Chuck as racist white nationalist !!! Two congressional dolls in white face if ever there was some !!!

Last edited by phma; Today at 08:24 AM..
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top