U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-29-2019, 11:46 AM
 
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
15,387 posts, read 13,482,507 times
Reputation: 4684

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
No, the OP is exactly right. Socialism destroys every time. USSR, Cuba, Venezuela, etc. The more socialism takes over here, the worse the country will get. Look what its done to many major cities. America is already going downhill because of socialism, and Dems want to add more.

Working people who pay taxes are already fleeing Ill., NY, Ca. And the Dems want to make the rest of the country more like those states.
It would be the same way with full on capitalism in this country. This is because capitalism can't possibly prosper off of poor people. They wouldn't be welcome as part of the economic system. Unable to carry their own weight, poor people would only present a highly undesirable burden upon capitalism. So there would be worse slums and more tent cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-29-2019, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
15,387 posts, read 13,482,507 times
Reputation: 4684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Just standard right wing fear/hate mongering.

"Everyone who isn't one of us is an enemy!"

Simple slogans for simple minds.

It works for about 25-30% of America.

I can agree with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 12:01 PM
 
34,668 posts, read 41,853,334 times
Reputation: 30090
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That is correct- socialism/communism destroys every nation it touches.


You might want to familiarize yourself with the definition of socialism as its not what is happening in America..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 12:21 PM
 
13,301 posts, read 6,358,087 times
Reputation: 11094
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Seems to me trump and his herd of zombies are destroying America
Is that all you've got? No explanation as to why you think the article is wrong?

Well, anyway, you live in Canada, so no worries for you, correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 12:22 PM
 
13,301 posts, read 6,358,087 times
Reputation: 11094
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandGranny View Post
I want my grandkids to be guaranteed health care and to never worry about cost or going bankrupt, like I am in Scotland.
You live in Scotland? Then why are you in this thread? Do you have grandkids living in the US?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 12:26 PM
 
13,301 posts, read 6,358,087 times
Reputation: 11094
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
No, the OP is exactly right. Socialism destroys every time. USSR, Cuba, Venezuela, etc. The more socialism takes over here, the worse the country will get. Look what its done to many major cities. America is already going downhill because of socialism, and Dems want to add more.

Working people who pay taxes are already fleeing Ill., NY, Ca. And the Dems want to make the rest of the country more like those states.
Good post but, per the bolded --- Too many of these people fleeing to red states, once there, will vote for the same types of people who ruined the state they left. Next thing you know the red state they moved to becomes purple, then blue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 12:27 PM
 
13,301 posts, read 6,358,087 times
Reputation: 11094
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandGranny View Post
I am an American who lives in Scotland. Yes, my grandkids are in the US.
And, where do you think the money will come from to give health care to all?

Do tell

How about you be open-minded and read the article in the OP? Then give a cogent response as to why you disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 12:30 PM
 
13,301 posts, read 6,358,087 times
Reputation: 11094
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Why be so paranoid? Do you not think that Democrats also have children and grandchildren?

I see nothing wrong with Dems proposal of Medicare 4 All. Or do you sharply disagree with it because poor people absolutely must NOT be entitled to any FREE medical care, whatsoever.
Not "paranoid" just very observant. I've also seen up close and personal how illegal aliens destroy neighborhoods and schools. Can you say the same?

You're naive if you think we can have open borders while inviting the entire third world to come here. Yet, for some reason, you see this all as a good thing. Wow...just...wow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 12:36 PM
 
13,301 posts, read 6,358,087 times
Reputation: 11094
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandGranny View Post
You MAGAts are thick, aren't you? It works the same way as here. It comes out of taxes. But you aren't paying insurance, or co-pays, or prescriptions or being without insurance when you are between jobs, etc. So the extra tax you pay is the same or less than you are paying now for your for-profit health care costs and making insurance and pharmaceutical companies rich.

It ain't rocket science, dude.
I'm not "thick", dudette. Of course I know it comes out of taxes. I just wondered if you were aware of that because many of you libs don't think of those things.

So...you don't understand that it's the middle class that pays the most taxes. And those taxes would go to paying for health insurance for all. Meanwhile, there is a good portion of the population that doesn't pay any taxes.

And you call others "thick"? Oh, the irony...

Post back when you've read the entire article in the OP. It's not hard to do as it isn't very long I'll wait for your rebuttal, but I won't hold my breath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 05:47 PM
 
Location: Florida
21,781 posts, read 11,236,212 times
Reputation: 7955
The people in power of the democrat party knows they have a bunch of mules as they dangle that carrot in front of them to keep them after that carrot of free college , free healthcare, free free free.. those stubborn mules don't look at the long term.. when the get out of their free college they have a huge tax burden on their paycheck if they can find a job.. with everyone with a BA or Masters there is lots on competition.. and guess what.. that free college is not free.. they tax the hell out of your paycheck to pay for all those so called freebies they give you.. now they want to control you so they dangle that carrot but in reality there is NOTHING FREE, and if it is,, it loses it value because everyone can get it.


It is all about control.. keep walking towards that carrot..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top