U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM

20,368 posts, read 9,906,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i dont believe he was born in kenya but i wonder what would happen if he was

again, nothing automatically. this is covered under the de facto officer doctrine:

https://definitions.uslegal.com/d/de-facto-officer/

Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM

2,824 posts, read 1,928,902 times
It is all water under the bridge at this point in time but I do seem to remember his grandmother stating he was born in Kenya.
Perhaps she is demented.

Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
.... but I do seem to remember his grandmother stating he was born in Kenya.

nope. it was another example of a birther manipulating a recording. in the full transcript sarah obama specifically stated he was born in hawaii ( and has repeatedly said so ).

http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/wp-co...iptlulu109.pdf

Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM

3,039 posts, read 875,732 times
I think when he was a kid...saying he was born in Kenya sounded exotic
school had him born in Kenya...he was born in Kenya when he book was published too

Then it all came back to bite him in the butt when he got older and go into politics...

So yeah, of course he lied....either he lied about being born in Kenya...or he lied about not being born in Kenya

Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
So yeah, of course he lied....either he lied about being born in Kenya...

when did he claim to be born in kenya? you made up a scenario where he could have but there's no evidence to suggest he ever did ( and i've talked to people he went to high school with ).

Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM

6,916 posts, read 6,229,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
when did he claim to be born in kenya? you made up a scenario where he could have but there's no evidence to suggest he ever did ( and i've talked to people he went to high school with ).
I've never understood why it matters. Barack Obama was born the son of an American born mother who had American residency and was married when Barack was born.

The birthers go crazy for 6 years and then what happens? The republicans run a guy who was born in Canada (Ted Cruz), and the same people say it's ok because he was born the son of an American born mother who was married and living in Canada when Ted was born.

Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM

4,754 posts, read 935,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
He done nothing but lie and BS the citizens of this great Nation for 8 years. What's to stop him now?
Besides I believe the video is fake. But you never know nowadays.
Like Trump is a saint of honesty. Also, Trump seems to have so far influenced more hate crimes since starting his 1st term.

Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM

18,388 posts, read 8,288,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Born in Kenya?
Man, I don't even want that to be true, now. I cannot imagine how this inept nation and congress would deal with that.

Will they declare his Presidency invalid? Laws he signed no longer count? Biden was not VP$ Declare him a non-person, like USSR used to do?
I don't even want to think about it.
Then don't.

It was disproved years ago.

Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I've never understood why it matters. Barack Obama was born the son of an American born mother who had American residency and was married when Barack was born.

actually the birthers do have a legal point on this one. there is an age requirement on married mothers to automatically confer citizenship in births abroad. obama's mom would have missed the requirement by 3months ( but the "kenyan birth" scenario is so absurd it's a moot point ).

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...th-abroad.html

Old Yesterday, 07:12 PM

8,823 posts, read 2,521,975 times
What difference does it make? He is a US citizen due to his Mother being a US citizen. I am no fan of Obama, but this is a dead issue. Talk about beating a dead horse.

There are many valid things to attack Obama on. His record of class warfare. His my way or the highway approach to leadership. His Chicago style gutter politics.
There are many valid things.

His citizenship or where he was born? Leave that dead horse alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or