U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:13 AM

46,110 posts, read 34,187,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
The thing about this that I don't get is that even according to the "Kenyan" birth certificate her residence was still Hawaii at the time of his birth. So she wasn't "living" in Kenya (even fictitiously) when Obama was born. It would seem that you would have to give up US residency and take up residency in the other country for this to be an issue.
Kenya was in the middle of a civil war during her pregnancy. Interracial marriage / relations was a crime.

Old Today, 09:28 AM

20,368 posts, read 9,906,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaioís investigators had discovered bombshell evidence that the CIA and or other government entities illegally hacked into Hawaii Department of Health records searching for birth records on Barack Obama.

ooof!

your using dennis montgomery as evidence? he scammed arpaio for a minimum of $120,000.00 ( and possibly for 100 of thousands more ). even arpaio and his own sheriff dept. admitted the info montgomery supplied was bogus.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/invest...dcd385609.html

Old Today, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Obama said it all the time before becoming a POTUS candidate.

there is zero evidence to support this claim. strange that there is no tangible proof of something that happened "all the time".

Quote:
He said so in this Illinois election campaign....

again, zero evidence to support this claim.

Quote:
... and was a "foreign student" while in college.

oof!

not only isn't there any evidence to support this claim but the catalyst for this belief is taking a 2009 april fools day prank seriously.

Quote:
Obama did one thing for sure- future candidates will be better vetted.

when was trump demanded to show his "long-form" birth certificate?

he did make public his COLB ( certificate of live birth ), the same state-issued legal document obama released in june 2008, but that was to prove his dad wasn't an orangutan ( no joke, that literally was the reason ).

Old Today, 10:08 AM

19,432 posts, read 12,306,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
there is zero evidence to support this claim. strange that there is no tangible proof of something that happened "all the time".

again, zero evidence to support this claim.

oof!

not only isn't there any evidence to support this claim but the catalyst for this belief is taking a 2009 april fools day prank seriously.

when was trump demanded to show his "long-form" birth certificate?

he did make public his COLB ( certificate of live birth ), the same state-issued legal document obama released in june 2008, but that was to prove his dad wasn't an orangutan ( no joke, that literally was the reason ).

Obama did claim he was born in Kenya in two previous instances. Here it is:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/20...ya_280213.html

Old Today, 10:21 AM

Quote:

did you read your own link?

it gives 2 examples but cites that neither time the info came from obama. the first is the literary agency bio that mariam goderich admitted to the error ( the article cites this but doesn't believe it ) and the other was an AP article that the link has an editors note that the claim actually wasn't in an AP article. it was added to an AP article in the kenyan standard and retracted the very next issue.

neither of these are evidence that obama claimed to be born in kenya.

Old Today, 10:35 AM

12,024 posts, read 3,266,545 times
Quote:
You didnít read the link carefully, itís two plus points, but one instance.

The instance is a bogus claim against Obama, and has already been discussed in this thread, namely the original book jacket for an Obama book.

The author of your link is essentially calling both Obama and his literary agent at the time both liars.

Itís a free country. Youíre certainly free to believe that both Obama and his literary agent at the time are lying about the book jacket if you wish to do that.

Old Today, 10:37 AM

12,024 posts, read 3,266,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
did you read your own link?

it gives 2 examples but cites that neither time the info came from obama. the first is the literary agency bio that mariam goderich admitted to the error ( the article cites this but doesn't believe it ) and the other was an AP article that the link has an editors note that the claim actually wasn't in an AP article. it was added to an AP article in the kenyan standard and retracted the very next issue.

neither of these are evidence that obama claimed to be born in kenya.

My post hit the thread, and right away I noticed yours above mine.

Our first sentences are pretty much the same.

Old Today, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
.... namely the original book jacket for an Obama book.

it wasn't for a book jacket but for an industry-only brochure promoting the literary agency. the same brochure got the year wrong that tip o'neil became speaker of the house ( which speaks to it's sloppy fact-checking ).

Old Today, 11:12 AM

11,283 posts, read 2,805,479 times
I don't say I come from Sweden even though my ancestors did.

My parents didn't speak Russian like Obama's did. But they weren't CIA either.

Should be easy enough to find people who were in the audience when Obama spoke or wrote articles about it

Old Today, 11:23 AM

11,041 posts, read 6,142,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I don't say I come from Sweden even though my ancestors did.
When people ask where my family comes from I say Sicily. Does that make me an illegitimate American?

Quote:
My parents didn't speak Russian like Obama's did. But they weren't CIA either.
Well, there you have it. Anyone who is bilingual MUST be an illegitimate American! Careful, PP, your xenophobia is showing.

Quote:
Should be easy enough to find people who were in the audience when Obama spoke or wrote articles about it
If it "should be easy enough to find people who were in the audience" why have birthers never found any? Or maybe they did, and these people didn't confirm the birthers' racist agenda? I mean, if they're so easy to find one would think, decades later, some would have been found by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or