U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2019, 10:53 PM
miu

17,215 posts, read 34,732,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I've always thought it's the best policy not to disparage any particular city considering there might be a point in one's life a visit might be imperative. In Baltimore's case, it would certainly be delicious irony if you had need of world-class Rheumatology care and Johns Hopkins was your final hope.

But hey, go ahead and talk all the smack you wish, just keep your fingers crossed karma doesn't come a knockin'...
Really? The majority of the city of Baltimore is indeed a dump and full of murderous thuggie types. The only decent areas are around the ball park, the major hotels, convention center, Johns Hopkins and some of Fells Point. No one in their right mind would want to live in that city. Trump speaks the truth... and his comment had nothing to do with race.

Old 07-27-2019, 10:57 PM

100 posts, read 35,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Another guttural statement from the trashiest president in history. America loves its reality-show-style theatrical politics though.
Aint that the truth! Can't wait till the man baby is out of office.

Old 07-27-2019, 10:57 PM

23,366 posts, read 12,406,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
We see it every time we take Amtrak to NYC --- blighted street after street. One row stands out to us --- most of the row has occupied homes, except for one home in the middle that has no walls. All that is left are the collapsed floors. I always thought that at least something should have been done about that home.

When Stephanie Rawlings-Blake was mayor, she invited illegals to move to Baltimore. Apparently, in her dream world, she figured that illegals would move into all those abandoned homes. Once they moved in, they would revitalize Baltimore. If anything, illegals would make it even worse as their anchor babies would be getting all sorts of welfare benefits. Was she ever a clueless mayor!
Oh so now the problems in Baltimore are all about the illegals.

Old 07-27-2019, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
The vast majority of that top-50 list you linked are run by Democrats!

Edit: Actually the top-50 rat city list might be all run by Democrats. Anyone see a "red" city on that list?
Are you KIDDING? The states with the most poverty are all red states!

But Trump can 't call them ****holes because he wants their votes.

Just keep believing the man baby goes to sleep at night deeply concerned about farmers...And I have a great bridge in Brookyn to sell you..

Old 07-27-2019, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
What so many seem to forget is that Trump is an equal opportunity insulter. If you go after Trump, or hit him, he hits back, twice as hard. He doesn't care who you are. It just so happens, some of his most outspoken critics and those who disparage him, are "people of color". He doesn't care. He hits them back. What so many Democrats, liberals, and progressives seem to believe is that "people of color" have some kind of magic force shield that prevents them from ever being criticized. Trump doesn't believe that, and I would wager a majority of this country doesn't believe that either. Believing that a "person of color" is so delicate, so fragile, and so defenseless, that they can never be criticized, is a very underhanded, racist attitude. It's patronizing and demeaning.
Sorry but..he mostly goes after women and people of color unless they are his political competitors.

He never told one white person to go back where they came from and he picks a man of color from a heavily african American city to slam on twitter

I will eat my words and apologize..the day Trump slams Milwaukee, Detroit, Atlanta, Houston, South Bend, ETC ETC.

Any red or purple city that is high in crime..but he wont.

Old 07-27-2019, 11:06 PM

19,070 posts, read 7,429,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Really? The majority of the city of Baltimore is indeed a dump and full of murderous thuggie types. The only decent areas are around the ball park, the major hotels, convention center, Johns Hopkins and some of Fells Point. No one in their right mind would want to live in that city. Trump speaks the truth... and his comment had nothing to do with race.
Amen. Most of all East Coast cities are dumps at this stage, to be honest.

Old 07-27-2019, 11:14 PM

10,010 posts, read 8,246,865 times
Sadly, though what Trump said is an exaggeration of the truth, it is truth that the Democratic Party and the congressman cannot deny. His district has excessively high crime rate and a large amount of blighted or abandoned property. Itís as if heís become so focused on the old version of the civil rights battle that he, and others like him, have lost sight of what is happening today. Racism isnít killing and robbing people in the streets of his district. Racism isnít driving businesses to flee the district.

Old 07-27-2019, 11:18 PM

6,370 posts, read 3,429,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Trump tells Cummings to clean up Baltimore

That shows how stupid Trump is. A total ignoramus.
Is that because Cummings isn't capable of doing much for Baltimore? I guess it is .... how long has he represented Baltimore? What has he accomplished?

Old 07-27-2019, 11:23 PM

6,370 posts, read 3,429,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand and sea View Post
Are you KIDDING? The states with the most poverty are all red states!
But the state with the highest rate of poverty is California.

It has bubonic plague as well .... I don't think even the poor red states have managed that yet.

Old 07-27-2019, 11:27 PM

51,034 posts, read 26,894,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Now you know why whites avoid the Democrat Party like the bubonic plague.
No I donít. I donít even think about why whites vote for anyone. None of my business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or