U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 03:34 AM

238 posts, read 559,129 times

Advertisements

Maybe it’s not an ideological thing. Maybe Trump is just an *****h0le, and Baltimore is but one of many places in need of a fix which no president can provide.

This tribalism is worse than almost anything else in this country.

Old 07-28-2019, 03:36 AM

2,872 posts, read 1,426,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
"Between us"? Who is "us"? Is it the entire black population in the US?

And, what do you plan to do when black people don't vote the way you demand them to do? And how will you know how they voted if they don't tell you?

No matter what their race, religion or ethnicity, it's not my business as to how others vote. Just as it is not your business as to how other black people vote.
You’re conversing with someone who actually believes that all blacks should vote Democrat. Period. What does that tell you?

Old 07-28-2019, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
What exactly would you like Trump or any president to do to clean up a place like Baltimore?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
You’re conversing with someone who actually believes that all blacks should vote Democrat. Period. What does that tell you?
That’s as ignorant as Trumpism, frankly. As ignorant as voting for Hillary because she’s a woman, Trump because he’s white, or someone with a donkey or an elephant next to their name.

Get a brain and vote for who you want. Don’t join the demican/republicrat tribe because you need to fall in line.

Old 07-28-2019, 03:45 AM

365 posts, read 144,854 times
Again, Trump is winning. And why is that so?

He looks at the windows No. 1, 2 and 3 and picks up the one most convenient for him at that moment. Then he uses it. Window 1 is the truth, 2 is lie, 3 is ignore button.
Of course he doesn't give a rat's ass about Baltimore. And in case there's a pun here, it's not intended.

It doesn't even matter if what he said was nothing but the truth. I can easily picture Trump praising that Cummings character if only the latter were on Trump's side.

Say it in Trump's voice: Oh, Elijah is such a tremendous, tremendous man. And his city is fantastic. The rats are great and cats are real losers and nowhere to be seen. Low energy cats. Tremendous rats. It's so fantastic. And the people are winning. Elijah says they have grown very, very tired of winning. It's all so tremendous.

I can also imagine Trump completely ignoring both Cummings and Baltimore if they weren't on anybody's side and Trump deemed them useless for his thing.

Democrats are predictably missing the point. Because they feel so beholden to their stupid narrative that they can't possibly break away from it, even when the opportunity to criticize Trump for what's really wrong with him hits them right in the face.

Old 07-28-2019, 03:49 AM

3,588 posts, read 977,002 times
Quote:
Typical of liberal train of thought...”let’s focus on color (racism) and not the issue.”

Have you been to Baltimore lately???
I'm not a liberal. I have never belonged to the Democratic party, voted for a Democrat for president, etc. Used to be Republican. Voted 3rd party conservative in 2016.

You catch more flies with honey, not vinegar. And the pattern I mentioned holds.

He even tweeted about he thinks Baltimore is worse than the border...so is he going to send money there now, instead? He says he wants to MAGA it up, after all.

Nice that he gets to talk all the time about how crappy he thinks the country is, but it's unAmerican for others to do so.

Old 07-28-2019, 03:55 AM

3,118 posts, read 1,585,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
I'm not a liberal. I have never belonged to the Democratic party, voted for a Democrat for president, etc. Used to be Republican. Voted 3rd party conservative in 2016.

You catch more flies with honey, not vinegar. And the pattern I mentioned holds.

He even tweeted about he thinks Baltimore is worse than the border...so is he going to send money there now, instead? He says he wants to MAGA it up, after all.

Nice that he gets to talk all the time about how crappy the country is, but it's unAmerican for others to do so.
Trump really should be ignored. The fact that his hypocrisy is being pointed out by using his own definition of what an American is shows that he is making the rules of the game. When we point out the hypocrisy, he has moved on to his next game.

Old 07-28-2019, 04:06 AM

2,872 posts, read 1,426,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post

Nice that he gets to talk all the time about how crappy he thinks the country is, but it's unAmerican for others to do so.
Well I agree with you on the honey not vinegar but sometimes people need a good kick in the pants to take action.

There’s nothin wrong with pointing out what needs to be fixed in this county. I do agree that if Trump sent help to Baltimore that would be a good move. However that would mean Cummings would have to admit Trump was right. So either Cummings is in denial or just doesn’t care about his constitutes.

Again, I asked you if you’ve been to Baltimore lately?

Old 07-28-2019, 04:12 AM

18,368 posts, read 9,045,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
In simple terms, vote as a person, not as some arrow-straight party line guy. I voted for folks from four different parties last election, because I hire character, not empty speech.
To an extent I agree, but especially with the Democrats the PARTY controls how they vote, and what they do. If they don't follow what the Party wants, they do not get the committee, or leadership appointments that gives them money to buy votes and get reelected. They also do not get Party support when it is time for reelection, and that is ALL the care about is staying in office.

Do a little research and see how many Democrats vote with the Republicans, especially on the Federal level but also state levels. The only time they do it is when they know the vote will go against them anyway, and they always know which way the voting will go before the actual vote takes place. Kabuki theater.

Old 07-28-2019, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
To an extent I agree, but especially with the Democrats the PARTY controls how they vote, and what they do. If they don't follow what the Party wants, they do not get the committee, or leadership appointments that gives them money to buy votes and get reelected. They also do not get Party support when it is time for reelection, and that is ALL the care about is staying in office.

Do a little research and see how many Democrats vote with the Republicans, especially on the Federal level but also state levels. The only time they do it is when they know the vote will go against them anyway, and they always know which way the voting will go before the actual vote takes place. Kabuki theater.
All the more reason to disconnect from the false dichotomy the demicans and repulicrats try to front you with. Neither is an honest bunch of individuals, and most certainly do neither of them have your best interests in mind.

It sucks but it takes work. Vote gut, not party line, party affiliation, or social media depictions

Old 07-28-2019, 04:23 AM

3,588 posts, read 977,002 times
Quote:
Well I agree with you on the honey not vinegar but sometimes people need a good kick in the pants to take action.

There’s nothin wrong with pointing out what needs to be fixed in this county. I do agree that if Trump sent help to Baltimore that would be a good move. However that would mean Cummings would have to admit Trump was right. So either Cummings is in denial or just doesn’t care about his constitutes.

Again, I asked you if you’ve been to Baltimore lately?
Whether I personally have been lately is irrelevant in context of what I have said. I am so tired of the way he acts. I have small children and they have far less tantrums than he does. He is constantly trolling and stirring and forever kicking at people instead of trying honey first. Poor leadership traits.

I do think the money would be better spent on Baltimore than a wall, if that were somehow going to happen. And no, that doesn't mean I am pro illegal immigration or anything, but that's a discussion for that subforum.

I do wonder when he went last, if ever, or is he just going off what he saw on TV a bit before he tweeted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or