U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-27-2019, 06:00 PM
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
14,747 posts, read 9,171,912 times
Reputation: 9847

Advertisements

The House of Representatives began a six-week recess Friday, as questions swirl about whether Democrats will try to impeach President Trump. The issue arose again as former special counsel Robert Mueller testified before Congress on the Russia investigation. Lisa Desjardins joins Judy Woodruff to discuss why the official launch of an impeachment investigation is both “different and significant.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/wh...paign=newshour

As much as I dislike like Trump and I want him out of office impeachment is a bad idea, I think it’s better to let Trump serve out his term, even IF he wins in 2020. Let him finish it out.
In all honesty Pense I believe would be worse then Trump and I can see this being the main goal for Trump being in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-27-2019, 06:02 PM
 
23,404 posts, read 12,406,219 times
Reputation: 7440
I've been reading online and some that originally were all in on impeachment are now saying they think it isn't the right move.

It's a good time to take a break. Let things calm down a bit.

I would rather the country fight over policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 08:47 AM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
21,141 posts, read 10,181,572 times
Reputation: 20427
While I don't think Pence would be as bad as Trump, I think more moderate Dems don't want the unrest that would be created by impeachment.

Having said that, I don't see much representation anymore of moderate Dems, so I guess we'll have to see what happens when they return.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
17,749 posts, read 11,273,396 times
Reputation: 37898
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
The House of Representatives began a six-week recess Friday, as questions swirl about whether Democrats will try to impeach President Trump. The issue arose again as former special counsel Robert Mueller testified before Congress on the Russia investigation. Lisa Desjardins joins Judy Woodruff to discuss why the official launch of an impeachment investigation is both “different and significant.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/wh...paign=newshour

As much as I dislike like Trump and I want him out of office impeachment is a bad idea, I think it’s better to let Trump serve out his term, even IF he wins in 2020. Let him finish it out.
In all honesty Pense I believe would be worse then Trump and I can see this being the main goal for Trump being in office.

I have to agree with you on a few points you made. As for impeachment, we are so close to the end of his term that I think they should just let him run out the clock. No one wants him gone more than I do, but I think voting him out is a better way to go.

Secondly, at one time, I thought I would rather have Pence than Trump, but Pence is like an empty suit these days. He looks as if someone has turned his switch off, and he is just going through the motions, pretending he is alive.


I think, if Trump loses the election he will not simply have the integrity and intelligence to go quietly. He will whine and fight it tooth and nail, claiming fraud and demand a recount.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 08:57 AM
 
11,087 posts, read 6,158,481 times
Reputation: 6052
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
While I don't think Pence would be as bad as Trump, I think more moderate Dems don't want the unrest that would be created by impeachment.

Having said that, I don't see much representation anymore of moderate Dems, so I guess we'll have to see what happens when they return.
I'm a progressive Democrat and I don't want impeachment. It would be a pointless endeavor as the Senate would never vote to convict. I'd much rather the Democrats focus on 2020. As Pelosi said, I'd rather see him in prison than impeached. And New York is waiting in the wings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 08:58 AM
 
Location: Central New Jersey
2,509 posts, read 951,581 times
Reputation: 4443
Reckon the Dems will continue to try impeachment proceedings well into President Trumps second term as well. All this wasted time and resources. Never knew grown adults could cry this much. But wait, they crying will continue through 2024
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 09:10 AM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
21,141 posts, read 10,181,572 times
Reputation: 20427
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I'm a progressive Democrat and I don't want impeachment. It would be a pointless endeavor as the Senate would never vote to convict. I'd much rather the Democrats focus on 2020. As Pelosi said, I'd rather see him in prison than impeached. And New York is waiting in the wings.
My thoughts exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
14,747 posts, read 9,171,912 times
Reputation: 9847
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I have to agree with you on a few points you made. As for impeachment, we are so close to the end of his term that I think they should just let him run out the clock. No one wants him gone more than I do, but I think voting him out is a better way to go.

Secondly, at one time, I thought I would rather have Pence than Trump, but Pence is like an empty suit these days. He looks as if someone has turned his switch off, and he is just going through the motions, pretending he is alive.


I think, if Trump loses the election he will not simply have the integrity and intelligence to go quietly. He will whine and fight it tooth and nail, claiming fraud and demand a recount.
Iím not religious in the biblical sense but Pence looks like some kind of soulless ghoul. I donít like his stance on the way he regards other religions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
While I don't think Pence would be as bad as Trump, I think more moderate Dems don't want the unrest that would be created by impeachment.

Having said that, I don't see much representation anymore of moderate Dems, so I guess we'll have to see what happens when they return.
Agreed let Trump finish his term and put him in prison where he belongs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 09:44 AM
 
Location: Washington State
18,876 posts, read 9,713,121 times
Reputation: 16078
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
The House of Representatives began a six-week recess Friday, as questions swirl about whether Democrats will try to impeach President Trump. The issue arose again as former special counsel Robert Mueller testified before Congress on the Russia investigation. Lisa Desjardins joins Judy Woodruff to discuss why the official launch of an impeachment investigation is both ďdifferent and significant.Ē

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/wh...paign=newshour

As much as I dislike like Trump and I want him out of office impeachment is a bad idea, I think itís better to let Trump serve out his term, even IF he wins in 2020. Let him finish it out.
In all honesty Pense I believe would be worse then Trump and I can see this being the main goal for Trump being in office.
I think the Demonics should impeach Trump with no reason as it should guarantee a huge Republican landslide in 2020....so Demonics, Impee foty fie....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top