U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-28-2019, 08:24 PM
 
29,838 posts, read 16,517,817 times
Reputation: 13878

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
As he takes all his trips on private jets.
Can you say royal carbon footprint? Speaks volumes of how out of touch he is and comical at the same time.

And more royal households than the Gores,Sanders, et al. combined. You cant make this **** up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-28-2019, 11:37 PM
 
Location: British Columbia ☀️ ♥ 🍁 ♥ ☀️
7,349 posts, read 6,640,391 times
Reputation: 14453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Many of them don't go to where the public needs transportation.

That doesn't make sense. Where do they go to then?


.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 11:39 PM
 
5,665 posts, read 1,518,881 times
Reputation: 3489
The elites like Gore or Charles, or Streisand and her dogs need to fly all over the place. That shouldn't count towards keeping us little people at home in efficiency apartments near bus lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:01 AM
 
9,711 posts, read 4,643,914 times
Reputation: 5514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
That doesn't make sense. Where do they go to then?


.
Where the politicians think they should go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:38 AM
 
14,258 posts, read 6,152,364 times
Reputation: 8916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
In America. So .... why doesn't the American public like them? Is it a loss of personal status thing? Because, you know, cars are status symbols in America.
.
More like loss of freedom. Freedom to leave early to get your kids from school when they’re sick, or go directly to work instead of switching buses or trains multiple times if you live in a city like mine that has many work areas. We don’t all work downtown. We have at least six different business districts spread out over the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM
 
9,711 posts, read 4,643,914 times
Reputation: 5514
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
More like loss of freedom. Freedom to leave early to get your kids from school when they’re sick, or go directly to work instead of switching buses or trains multiple times if you live in a city like mine that has many work areas. We don’t all work downtown. We have at least six different business districts spread out over the city.
Can you imagine trying to bring a bunch of groceries home on public transit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM
 
4,995 posts, read 2,995,727 times
Reputation: 3149
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Nope.

Speaking for myself. I like the freedom of the car. Come and go when I please, where I please with whom I please.

Where I live now I use Taxis and the BTS. I tolerate the BTS only because I won't be stuck in traffic. Same is true of Taxis. If I must be stuck in traffic let someone else drive and deal with it.

Public transportation is fine until you are crammed into a car like sardines.

Some of us don't give a damn what others think of our cars or us. Most care about freedom and convenience.
Problem is we became slaves to our cars. Because cities were designed not to be walkable. So now your screwed without a car. Car should be an option, not mandatory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:57 AM
 
4,995 posts, read 2,995,727 times
Reputation: 3149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
That doesn't make sense. Where do they go to then?


.
Basically means that many cities in the U.S. have transit that is not too accessible. Like L.A., if you live in say, North Hollywood, you have the red line, but it doesn’t go to the beach, for that you need the purple line to santa Monica. We didn’t have that before so you were screwed if you didn’t have a car..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:11 AM
Status: "You showed me mercy and all I can do is say Thank You." (set 4 days ago)
 
Location: New York
1,454 posts, read 284,826 times
Reputation: 1086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
The urgency is due to the fact that for a long time climate change scientists were looking at changes in average temperatures. It's only been in the last 5-10 years that the capacity to project extreme events has been built into climate models. It's no accident that this coincides with their actual occurrence.

"It isn't the weather it's climate!"

So, the weather is now a part of the models? Fairly easy to be right most of the time as somewhere on earth there is a weird weather event every week.

Love how both sides of the argument are being played.

The alarmists make claims that cannot be proven nor disproven, so they win even if they're full of crap.


It's about par for the course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:20 AM
 
4,995 posts, read 2,995,727 times
Reputation: 3149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
"It isn't the weather it's climate!"

So, the weather is now a part of the models? Fairly easy to be right most of the time as somewhere on earth there is a weird weather event every week.

Love how both sides of the argument are being played.

The alarmists make claims that cannot be proven nor disproven, so they win even if they're full of crap.


It's about par for the course.
Well weather patterns change based on the climate. Think of the climate as an arc going up, up representing the temperature. Zoom into the arc and you see small fluctuations, as you follow the arc higher and higher, those fluctuations (weather) get more intense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top