U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2019, 05:41 PM

3,232 posts, read 1,623,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
You obviously don't know the difference between pointing out a situation (Cummings) and racist rhetoric (Trump).
That's ok though the Germans thought the same about the Nazis in Germany in the 1930's.
Pointing out a situation with no solution has often been called racist when Whites have done it. An example would be a White person who says "I am not racist, but..." There is a reason they feel it necessary to begin their observation in that way.

If you don't have a solution, stop pointing it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 05:47 PM

31,816 posts, read 19,848,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
You are out of your gourd.

Democrats ran Republicans out of that town long ago.
I see the Republicans really thrived at where they went, huh?

Quote:
nine out of the 10 poorest states are red states (we rated this Mostly True) and that Republican-leaning states get more in federal dollars than they pay in taxes (also Mostly True).
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...lSu47xnuWhOapI

Old 07-29-2019, 05:50 PM

17,505 posts, read 8,849,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Pointing out a situation with no solution has often been called racist when Whites have done it. An example would be a White person who says "I am not racist, but..." There is a reason they feel it necessary to begin their observation in that way.

If you don't have a solution, stop pointing it out.
Like Cummings criticizing the border facilities?

Old 07-29-2019, 05:54 PM

9,611 posts, read 9,385,614 times
First, the responsibility for a city usually rests with the mayor, then maybe the governor, not the congressman.

Second, I'm not sure that the remarks are automatically racist, but Trump's problem is that once he has a record for so much racism, even before his presidency, he's stuck with been viewed that way.

Old 07-29-2019, 05:55 PM

24,680 posts, read 12,181,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
You obviously don't know the difference between pointing out a situation (Cummings) and racist rhetoric (Trump).
That's ok though the Germans thought the same about the Nazis in Germany in the 1930's.
What racist rhetoric?

Old 07-29-2019, 05:56 PM

3,232 posts, read 1,623,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Like Cummings criticizing the border facilities?
Who is responsible for funding border security?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
First, the responsibility for a city usually rests with the mayor, then maybe the governor, not the congressman.

Second, I'm not sure that the remarks are automatically racist, but Trump's problem is that once he has a record for so much racism, even before his presidency, he's stuck with been viewed that way.
And, yet, he was elected. I am not sure how calling him racist throughout his presidency will bother his voters. I thought Obama was divisive yet I voted for him twice.

Old 07-29-2019, 05:57 PM

7,607 posts, read 3,128,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
It's quite simple, really. No one disputes that Baltimore is a run down dump.

It's a question of intent.

Sanders brings up Baltimore as an example of what needs to be fixed, because he GENUINELY CARES about the people who live there.

Trump brings up Baltimore to rub it in Cummings' face. He uses it as a weapon, as an insult. Trump couldn't care less about life in Baltimore nor does he have any proposals to make life there better.

Sanders is motivated by compassion and care. Trump is motivated by anger, hate, revenge and pettiness.
What a remarkable and unbiased analysis. LOL

Old 07-29-2019, 05:58 PM

7,607 posts, read 3,128,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I'm sorry--who did Bernie attack? Personally attack? Names? People?

Trump doesn't make objective observations, just in case you didn't notice.

He makes it personal, rude and as disrespectful and insulting as he can.

Also Bernie did not say this in a rage as a response to a relative's subpoena for using private email servers for classified government business.
Cummings is a ghetto clod. What don't you understand?

Old 07-29-2019, 06:01 PM

5,177 posts, read 1,018,041 times
Of course when Trump is called out on his racism, chances are he will pull the fake news card!

Old 07-29-2019, 06:02 PM

46,874 posts, read 34,477,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Maybe.

But I find it hypocritical Baltimore leadership and corporate investors are piling on. They have been fanning the flames of extreme poverty.

When the underarmor CEO and his lackey Curry jump on board, or the do nothing congressmen who let their city rot jump on twitter to get brownie points, it makes my blood boil.

Maryland use to be my home. I never lived in Baltimore, but I've been there many times. From PG county to Baltimore to the lower rungs of DC the population has been left to die as the business centers have gentrified leaving more suffering in these communities.

Corrupt mayors and corporate leaders colluded to allow this, it was no mistake.

So excuse me if I don't care about their self righteous preaching.
The woman in the OPís link and many others do not understand the role of a House Rep. Itís about making federal legislation, not putting on a feedbag for the 662,000 people who live in Mdís 7th district or handing out shoes.

As factories bled jobs, Baltimore bled residents. Baltimore lost nearly 1/3 of its population between 1950-2000.

When a city or a part of a city, anywhere is primarily dependent on a single or limited number of job sectors and circumstances beyond control cause those sectors to decline, those cities or portions within will decline, too. Does not much matter who is mayor or governor, let alone a House Rep or POTUS.

Itís not too different than what happened in many parts of Appalachia.

I donít care if a Congress Critter is critical of a POTUS or vice versa. Using these differences to imply that either one is somehow responsible for living conditions of their home towns , is nothing more than political theatre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or