Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2019, 12:37 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,042 times

Advertisements

Perhaps Cummings was truthful in his defense of Meadows and Meadows was truthful in his silence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 12:37 AM

152 posts, read 61,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I was in Baltimore as a kid back in 1970's and that was a scary place! I said I would never go back there. So fast forward all these years.....what must it be like today?
I was there just a couple of weeks ago. Sure some parts of the city are sketchy looking but there are also some parts that are really quite nice, such as the Inner Harbor and the cobblestoned streets of Fells Point. I used public transportation to get around but I also did a lot of walking, even making my way to the shot tower park where I saw a couple of good samaritans giving out cold bottled water to the homeless during one very hot day. Even I was the recipient of someone's random act of kindness: I got caught in a heavy rain while heading back to my hotel and this guy just handed me an umbrella upon passing me on the street.

There are things I didn't get to do in Baltimore so I definitely will be coming back.

Old 07-30-2019, 12:40 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Perhaps Cummings was truthful in his defense of Meadows and Meadows was truthful in his silence.
Nah...that ain’t it.

What’s truthful is that if a Republican shakes your hand, you’d do well to count your fingers afterward.

Hopefully someone will inform Cummings that the emblem he’ll see on that knife once he washes the blood off is an elephant.

Old 07-30-2019, 01:06 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Take all of the personalities out of it. Baltimore is still a dump. It will be interesting to see what Baltimore did with all of the money President Trump gave them.

Quote:
"Lynne Patton (HUD Regional Director): President Trump Has Given $16 Billion to Baltimore, the Question Is What Are They Doing with the Money?

President Trump has given $16 billion in 2018 alone to Elijah Cummings’ district in federal grants. We have given more money in homeless funds to Baltimore than the last administration. We have given more money in community development grants than the last administration to Baltimore. My question to you guys is this, what are you actually doing with the money so that it benefits residents in the community for once instead of deep pocket crooked politicians?"

https://grabien.com/story.php?id=245367
Don't hold your breath waiting for the news media to look into it. Corruption is okay when the left does it. But how about the people in Baltimore? Bet they don't know about the $16 billion with a b.

Old 07-30-2019, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Take all of the personalities out of it. Baltimore is still a dump. It will be interesting to see what Baltimore did with all of the money President Trump gave them.

Don't hold your breath waiting for the news media to look into it. Corruption is okay when the left does it. But how about the people in Baltimore? Bet they don't know about the $16 billion with a b.
This ain’t about Baltimore. Pay attention.

This is about how much you should trust people on the right side of the political spectrum.

Knife in the back. That’s what this is about. Nevermind Baltimore.

Old 07-30-2019, 01:26 AM

7,500 posts, read 5,749,500 times
Cummings left the very people that voted for him down. They live in squalor while he rides high on the hog. This is repeated across democratic strong holds. What I can’t figure out is why these people keep voting for them? The food stamps, section 8 and welfare? Dunno but it doesn’t make sense. What is even stranger is scenario is what liberals rage at but they can’t see the cause..

Old 07-30-2019, 01:28 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So when Rashida Tlaib accused Republican Representative Mark Meadows of racism, Democrat Elijah Cummings immediately came to his defense. You see, he considers Meadows to be one of his “best friends.” They’ve worked on legislation together several times although Cummings admits that they agree on little.

But when Trump called Cummings a racist, guess what Cummings got from Meadows in the way of support? Oh yeah...crickets. Some friend, right?

Totally emblematic of the GOP. This is why I say that they’re hostile and can’t be trusted.

To her credit, Mia Love exhorted Meadows to speak out in support of his friend. But then, Mia Love in no longer in Washington, is she?

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/07/29/pol...ets/index.html
Because Cummings is a known false race card player. duh

Should people who worked with Jeff Epstein come to his defense too? lol this is too easy.

Old 07-30-2019, 01:29 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This ain’t about Baltimore. Pay attention.

This is about how much you should trust people on the right side of the political spectrum.

Knife in the back. That’s what this is about. Nevermind Baltimore.
So don't tell the truth just go along to get along. Understood.

Old 07-30-2019, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Cummings left the very people that voted for him down. They live in squalor while he rides high on the hog. This is repeated across democratic strong holds. What I can’t figure out is why these people keep voting for them? The food stamps, section 8 and welfare? Dunno but it doesn’t make sense. What is even stranger is scenario is what liberals rage at but they can’t see the cause..
Nearly every Congressman lives high on the hog while their constituents struggle. That would include your Senators and Representatives. Your district is full of struggling people teetering on the brink too. Meanwhile, your Congressman makes the same living that Cummings does.

This thread isn’t about Baltimore. This is about what happens when a Republican is supposedly your friend. You stand behind them like a chump, but when you need someone at your back, they run and hide.

It’s why I’ve been saying for years that you trust people on the right of the political aisle at your own peril.

Old 07-30-2019, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because Cummings is a known false race card player. duh

Should people who worked with Jeff Epstein come to his defense too? lol this is too easy.
If he’s a false race card player, why did he defend a white Republican from charges of being a racist?

If he’s a race card player, why hasn’t he even bothered to respond to Trump’s attack calling him a racist?

You’re coming up very lame. Just admit that rightists can’t be trusted by the African American community. It’s not a big deal. I’m only pointing out a clear example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies