U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2019, 01:38 AM

51,000 posts, read 27,292,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
So don't tell the truth just go along to get along. Understood.
Uhhh...Meadows isnt telling any truth. Hes not talking. And the reason why is because if he comes to the defense of an African American congressman...even one thats his close friend that stood behind him when he was accused of racism, his Republican district will punish him at the ballot box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 01:39 AM

27,295 posts, read 9,521,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So when Rashida Tlaib accused Republican Representative Mark Meadows of racism, Democrat Elijah Cummings immediately came to his defense. You see, he considers Meadows to be one of his “best friends.” They’ve worked on legislation together several times although Cummings admits that they agree on little.

But when Trump called Cummings a racist, guess what Cummings got from Meadows in the way of support? Oh yeah...crickets. Some friend, right?

Totally emblematic of the GOP. This is why I say that they’re hostile and can’t be trusted.

To her credit, Mia Love exhorted Meadows to speak out in support of his friend. But then, Mia Love in no longer in Washington, is she?

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/07/29/pol...ets/index.html
I see you like to stir up some race hate making uninformed or false statements about Meadows !!!

Meadows had good words for Cummings !!! Saying something like he is a good guy and a friend !!!

Rep. Meadows says neither Trump nor Cummings is racist after ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...15f_story.html

“I am friends with both men, President Trump and Chairman Cummings,” Meadows said in a statement. “I know both men well. Neither man is a racist. Period. Both love America.”

Old 07-30-2019, 01:45 AM

12,912 posts, read 3,544,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That's just BS !!! Who made up that stupid rule ? No other President has followed it !!!

Fact is the left wants to shut up everyone on the right with an opinion !!!

That dog won't hunt !!! Get over it !!!
- I'm not 'on the left'.

- I'm not upset, so there's nothing I need to get over. However, your three exclamation points at the end of almost every sentence indicate that you are upset, or are not far from it.

Quote:
Dumbest ideal I've ever heard of in politics or in the top five anyway !!!
You may be at the point where you're not willing to listen, but just in case you're not, here is some food for thought:

(the link was written by a political writer who like you thinks Trump is 'a fighter', and like you likes that Trump 'punches back' harder, but who, like me thinks Trump shouldn't be 'punching down')

https://townhall.com/columnists/dere...fires-n2510118

Quote:
Obama didn't follow that stupid rule !!! He took on Hannity more than once and many others !!!

Where was the outrage machine then ? Out of oil ? Solar panels weren't working, apparently it was cloudy !!!
I'm not a Democrat, so I'm under no obligation to defend what Obama, nor any other Democrat has done.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.

Additionally, 'but they did it' is little kid logic.

Let's say Joe sees his friend Johnny do something bad, and then Joe does the same thing.

Joe's mother finds out and calls Joe out on this.

Joe then says "But Johnny did it too".

If Joe's mother is a good mother, she'll tell her son that someone else doing it is irrelevant, it's wrong, and that it's her job to steer him away from doing things that are wrong.

Old 07-30-2019, 01:46 AM

51,000 posts, read 27,292,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I see you like to stir up some race hate making uninformed or false statements about Meadows !!!

Meadows had good words for Cummings !!! Saying something like he is a good guy and a friend !!!

Rep. Meadows says neither Trump nor Cummings is racist after ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...15f_story.html

I am friends with both men, President Trump and Chairman Cummings, Meadows said in a statement. I know both men well. Neither man is a racist. Period. Both love America.
Too late.

Old 07-30-2019, 01:55 AM

27,295 posts, read 9,521,739 times
Quote:
Too late.
What ? To late to lie ? I think its obvious its never to late for that !!!

Old 07-30-2019, 02:19 AM

12,912 posts, read 3,544,592 times
Quote:
If he’s a false race card player, why did he defend a white Republican from charges of being a racist?

If he’s a race card player, why hasn’t he even bothered to respond to Trump’s attack calling him a racist?

You’re coming up very lame. Just admit that rightists can’t be trusted by the African American community. It’s not a big deal. I’m only pointing out a clear example.
1. Because he was raised properly and knows that 'someone else is doing it' isn't a proper justification.

2. Because he knows, in some measure, that Trump is 'digging his own hole' and he's letting Trump do that.

Old 07-30-2019, 02:30 AM

27,496 posts, read 11,575,465 times
Quote:
Uhhh...Meadows isn’t telling any truth. He’s not talking. And the reason why is because if he comes to the defense of an African American congressman...even one that’s his close friend that stood behind him when he was accused of racism, his Republican district will punish him at the ballot box.
Uhhh...You have no idea if Meadows is or isn’t telling any truth. Because like you said, he’s not talking.
If he comes to the defense of Cummings without a prepared comment he may look bad. Dunno.

Why call them friends? Because someone said so? Semantics I know but being on friendly terms is different than being friends. People will say they are friends when they are just acquaintances. They've worked together. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe their families take vacations together and those 2 frequently dine together.

Old 07-30-2019, 02:40 AM

27,496 posts, read 11,575,465 times
Quote:
If he’s a false race card player, why did he defend a white Republican from charges of being a racist?.
Because everyone who cares about the truth knows no one called him the N word or spat on him like he said.

Quote:
If he’s a race card player, why hasn’t he even bothered to respond to Trump’s attack calling him a racist?
Because being a false race card player doesn't mean you do it everytime.

Quote:
You’re coming up very lame.
Your points are childish and have no value.

Quote:
Just admit that rightists can’t be trusted by the African American community. It’s not a big deal. I’m only pointing out a clear example.
lol Because you made something up that doesn't mean much. Anyone who trusts the left or the right needs to have their head examined.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:11 AM

19,514 posts, read 7,731,810 times
85 pages in, and sadly, no one is doubting it is a true statement.

That's the vital issue.

BTW, almost all East Coast urban cores have areas that are truly dumps. Many look similar to the post WWII bombed out neighborhoods we have seen in photos.

Dreadful.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:50 AM

3,723 posts, read 1,748,717 times
Quote:
So when Rashida Tlaib accused Republican Representative Mark Meadows of racism, Democrat Elijah Cummings immediately came to his defense. You see, he considers Meadows to be one of his “best friends.” They’ve worked on legislation together several times although Cummings admits that they agree on little.

But when Trump called Cummings a racist, guess what Cummings got from Meadows in the way of support? Oh yeah...crickets. Some friend, right?

Totally emblematic of the GOP. This is why I say that they’re hostile and can’t be trusted.

To her credit, Mia Love exhorted Meadows to speak out in support of his friend. But then, Mia Love in no longer in Washington, is she?

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/07/29/pol...ets/index.html
It is interesting that you define friendship in this way. If my "friend" ever made what seemed to be racist comments, they would need to correct themselves if they got called out. Sometimes even after apologizing and learning from our mistakes, there are people who will continue to attack us. In that case, I would expect my friend to ignore them. It is just talk.

Mr. Cummings needs to play a better game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or