U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-28-2019, 08:45 AM
 
1,806 posts, read 361,721 times
Reputation: 1584

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I get it that Baltimore is dangerous. But for what its worth, my sister lives off of Fort, near Riverside Park, and that neighborhood is blue collar and completely safe.

Also, for what it is worth, the neighborhood is almost entirely white. It's the strangest thing, almost like segregation still exists, in some mysterious way. But I walk, jog, and have moved around the neighborhood for the past 15 years and never once felt unsafe.
I also live in Riverside off of Fort and if your sister is telling you the neighborhood is completely safe, she's very naÔve and completely wrong. This neighborhood is specifically targeted for property crimes because of the wealth here. It's probably also targeted by the black criminals because it's a white neighborhood. But the woke politicians will never acknowledge that fact. They're too busy clutching pearls about the non-existent "rise of white supremacy in South Baltimore."


This place sucks. You can buy my house and live by your sister. It will probably be nice and cheap by the time I'm able to move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-28-2019, 08:46 AM
 
11,018 posts, read 10,993,921 times
Reputation: 5419
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
That is a valid point, but was her statement any more truthful than Trump's. ?

Most White Men are not responsible for mass shooting, but some are.
!
""There have been at least 184 mass public shootings in the U.S. since 1900, including the Las Vegas attack," Duwe said. "Among these mass public shooters, non-Hispanic whites make up 63 percent, which is close to what we see for the U.S. population in general."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 08:46 AM
 
23,703 posts, read 12,507,533 times
Reputation: 7555
Baltimore residents and politicians would be the first to admit there are problems.

It is NOT what you say -- it is HOW you say it.

I don't expect Trump fans to get that.

Trump is the worst communicator in the world and these people are able to spin the crazy stuff he says into anything that fits the narrative in their heads.

Trump, as President of all of the states, is as responsible as OUR elected official for the problems in this country, as the elected officials from the troubled communities.

Instead of addressing the criticism Cummings provided, Trump chose to imply Cummings should 'go back'.....and again using language that has been explained a million times why it has racist connotations. He then basically told all the people that live in the community - -their community is not worth living in.

So Mr. President - you know that and the only thing you are going to do about is attack someone else.

What a great leader he is.

For the record, I have lived in mainly upper middle subdivisions all my life....and every one of them has had an issue with car breaks in.

Last week -- 2 cars were stole from our neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 08:46 AM
 
1,420 posts, read 317,415 times
Reputation: 1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This is untrue and you don't know want you're talking about. I know because I walked back from the Inner Harbor to my sisters home, at night, and never once felt threatened. Her entire neighborhood is blue collar and completely safe.
This guy thinks he knows better than people who live there. Keep jogging around. Try a new side street or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 08:47 AM
 
3,082 posts, read 1,076,721 times
Reputation: 3419
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Orkin's list of the top-50 "rattiest cities" are just about all (if not all) run by Democrats!


Nothing "racist" about it. Facts are facts. Take a look at the list:

https://www.orkin.com/press-room/rattiest-cities-2018
Hmm really so you think that there arenít any Republican led Districts weíre crime, unemployment, drug use is rampant and they are mostly white?

You should really take a car drive thru some of the smaller rural towns in the south and areas like WV. Some of these areas are ravaged by unemployment and drug use and crime has followed to pay for the drugs.

As I said when you only pick areas of color to call those names you are probably a Racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 08:48 AM
 
3,192 posts, read 919,743 times
Reputation: 1902
I guess this makes him homophobic too...

“Speaking of failing badly, has anyone seen what is happening to Nancy Pelosi’s district in San Francisco.” Trump wrote on Twitter. “It is not even recognizable lately. Something must be done before it is too late.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 08:49 AM
 
6,561 posts, read 3,412,215 times
Reputation: 6748
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It seems very odd that the left immediately calls Trump a "racist" for saying Baltimore is a dump. It is- have any of you been there? How is calling a place that is a dump "racist"? Can one no longer speak the truth in the eyes of modern day leftists? If you don't acknowledge a fact, can a problem ever be solved?

Is calling parts of Appalachia a dump "racist" as well? The Blue Ridge Mountains are beautiful, but many parts of Appalachia are dumps- trust me- we hike there all the time. The North Carolina area can actually be pretty wealthy, but far eastern TN, far western VA and WV can be pretty dumpy. Racist?

MANY of these congressmen go on the attack and are so focuses on partisan political issues, that they neglect their own districts and what can be done for them.

Instead of wanting open borders and freebies for illegals, why don't Cummings and AOC focus on helping their districts, which obviously need a lot of help. Are they neglecting their duties as Congressmen?
This is the absolute truth! ^^^^

And remember a whole TV series called The Wire was made about Baltimore and highlighting the deep political corruption, dysfunction, and pathetic drug and poverty squalor in Baltimore. Are those producers all racists???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 08:49 AM
 
23,703 posts, read 12,507,533 times
Reputation: 7555
Trump isn't being call a racist for identifying the problems in Baltimore.

It is how he described them, and why.

He isn't bringing it up because he cares about the people -- most of who are good people (keeping it in Trump terms)......but because he was lashing out at someone who criticized his govt.'s policies on border control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 08:49 AM
 
1,490 posts, read 327,394 times
Reputation: 2149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Hmm really so you think that there arenít any Republican led Districts weíre crime, unemployment, drug use is rampant and they are mostly white?

You should really take a car drive thru some of the smaller rural towns in the south and areas like WV. Some of these areas are ravaged by unemployment and drug use and crime has followed to pay for the drugs.

As I said when you only pick areas of color to call those names you are probably a Racist.

Racist. Everything is racist. Knew that was coming soon. When you don't like the facts about something call it......wait for it.......RACIST!

I posted facts. Then you called me a racist. The FACTS are that the top-50 rat infested cities are run by Democrats according to the Orkin list. Contact Orkin and rats and tell them they are all racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2019, 08:49 AM
 
Location: Austin TX
6,524 posts, read 3,613,384 times
Reputation: 8478
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Unsurprising. I have a parking pad at my rowhouse. My car has been broken into no less than seven times in the six years since I've lived at this address. When I lived on Clarkson Street over by M&T bank stadium (where the ravens play), my Saturn was STOLEN on Christmas Day.


I've not yet been robbed, knock on wood, but it's only a matter of time if I remain in this dump.
To add insult to injury, the cops took over an hour to arrive and take a report, and had the gall to give them grief for ďleaving personal items in their carĒ. My friend later said she told the snarky officer that she was sorry; where she came from people didnít prey on others and that she was unfamiliar with the defense mechanism required to eat dinner out in Baltimore.

They had to go buy a car seat and enough clothing and toiletries to get them back home; the trip completely ruined.

How racist of me to recollect this travesty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top