U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2019, 05:51 AM

19,785 posts, read 17,841,287 times

Advertisements

Cummings will have to answer to the increased scrutiny of his do nothing self enrichment and he better hope his constituents ARE as stupid as he thinks they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 05:51 AM

23,047 posts, read 9,883,194 times
Excellent opinion piece on how much better Baltimore is than Trump. Trump is the dump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...pinions&wpmm=1

Old 07-30-2019, 05:53 AM
Status: "I ordered the Code Red that killed Santiago!" (set 23 days ago)

11,884 posts, read 8,483,808 times
When did Trump call Cummings a racist?

Old 07-30-2019, 05:54 AM

20,020 posts, read 9,584,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Excellent opinion piece on how much better Baltimore is than Trump. Trump is the dump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...pinions&wpmm=1

That is someone's idiotic opinion printed by a Far Left rag. So what? Have you been to Baltimore lately? I used to live in a Baltimore suburb, and spent a lot of time there. I went there a few months ago, after years of not visiting, and I couldn't believe my eyes. Horrible.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:55 AM

27,291 posts, read 9,548,881 times
[quote=latimeria;55798956]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

A lot of the time, the "position" that gets you called as being on the left seems to be simply "Doesn't support President Trump" on an issue or in general, no matter why that person feels that way or reasons or actual political leaning.

I mean, for myself...I was registered Republican. Bailed on that and now Independent. Have voted for them for President when I voted. Last election was a 3rd party conservative candidate. Have not voted D for a president. I have mellowed some over time and now fall more into a general kinda moderate/center sort of position. Key words...moderate/center.

Yet there are countless times I get called left, liberal, Democrat, whatever any time I make a post where I am not happy with or in agreement with President Trump, no matter why I say it. It's asinine.

I also think you missed the point of Joe, Johnny, and Joe's mom as presented, but hey.
If someone takes a position that is left, they are on the left for that issue, no matter where they are on other issues !!! That's the way I see !!! I don't require anyone else to see it that way !!!

The only reason I'm a republican is b/c I had to be for vote for Trump in the primary !!! I wanted to be an independent and that is why I'm not !!!

A lot of people have a view of themselves that others don't share, we all are likely aware of that and are sometimes surprise by it too !!! Its not worth arguing over in IMO !!! If someone takes the position of a loon then they are a loon !!! If they think they are Bambi, fine !!! They are Bambi and a loon !!! Who cares ? I don't !!! Trump supporters are called everything !!! Its water off the ducks back to me !!!
I could care less !!!
Maybe you think its asinine, and maybe it is, but that's the way it is !!!
My attitude is so what !!! I'm over it and moving on !!!

You think I missed the point of Joe, Johnny, and Joe's mom !!! I just missed Joe's mom !!! The way she was before she went off the rails and became a slug !!! She was a lot of fun before that !!!

Old 07-30-2019, 05:56 AM

18,550 posts, read 11,725,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So when Rashida Tlaib accused Republican Representative Mark Meadows of racism, Democrat Elijah Cummings immediately came to his defense. You see, he considers Meadows to be one of his “best friends.” They’ve worked on legislation together several times although Cummings admits that they agree on little.

But when Trump called Cummings a racist, guess what Cummings got from Meadows in the way of support? Oh yeah...crickets. Some friend, right?

Totally emblematic of the GOP. This is why I say that they’re hostile and can’t be trusted.

To her credit, Mia Love exhorted Meadows to speak out in support of his friend. But then, Mia Love in no longer in Washington, is she?

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/07/29/pol...ets/index.html
I remember, very well, when Cummins stood up for Meadows and that was a very wonderful thing for him to do. And, you are right, where is Meadows now ? But, am I surprised ? No. The Republican party seems to attract the most vile, ugly natured, sour bunch of people on the planet.

You would have thought that, during the Mueller hearing, the GOP would have had at least some interest in learning something, but all they wanted to do was discredit and attack Mueller. The GOP used to stand for Grand Old Party, now it stands for Godawful Old Party.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:58 AM

12,181 posts, read 8,740,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"It appears to me that crime, rats, etc are local issues to be dealt with by local government."

I agree BUT, local politician CONSTANTLY ask for money from the fed for ALL their problems, right now L.A. and Frisco are asking for money to clean up the homeless and feces mess THEY created, and many fed politicians run on " the money I CAN get for you".
I hear ya. But I'm probably one of the few who has very strong objections to FEMA, and federal tax money being used for local storm damage. I am especially peeved that since the start of the federal flood insurance program the construction of houses on the coast has boomed. The tax payer is subsidizing stupidity. Again.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:59 AM

9,737 posts, read 4,995,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
No its not a coincidence, because it isn't remotely close to the truth. Donny from Queens is an equal opportunity attacker of people. Why limit your sample size to the last 5 days when there is a vast history that proves otherwise? Is it because you aren't being honest?
He does insult only people of color if 'people of color' includes the color white:

Bill and Hillary, Comey, McCain, Ann Coulter, Jeb Bush, Katie Kouric, Chuck Schumer, RBG, Chief Justice Roberts, Iowans, Cuomo, dozens or hundreds more.

Last edited by jazzarama; 07-30-2019 at 06:14 AM.. Reason: removed Elizabeth Warren from list of white people.

Old 07-30-2019, 06:00 AM

10,738 posts, read 12,269,554 times
Nice try Dems's deflecting.... saying Michelle is an "isolated" complainer.

Here is a REAL video by Baltimore residents...listen to the GUN SHOTS!

https://youtu.be/Dvwaqm9bmdU

Old 07-30-2019, 06:07 AM

10,738 posts, read 12,269,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Cummings has been there for 26 years. He is part of the problem. He has been a miserable failure!!!
Beautifully Spoken!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or