U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2019, 10:18 AM

387 posts, read 74,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Okay, and then Trump gave Cummings hell in return about the terrible conditions in Baltimore where black people have described certain areas as war zones.

Why is this not a humanitarian crisis requiring greater precedence? These are Americans we're talking about.
It will never change until all these people like Cummings who have been anointed leadership positions just to feather their own nests finally retire. He has done nothing for his district. He collects a government check for nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 10:19 AM

28,293 posts, read 19,708,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Trump is a racist. You dont have to believe it. He has said publicly, I'm not a racist. Kind a like hearing Nixon saying, I'm not a crook. Or OJ saying, I'm absolutely 100% innocent.

kinda like the witch trials, right? denial that one is a witch is a sure sign of witchcraft.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:25 AM

6,524 posts, read 3,680,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
You should be Trump's messaging coach, and I mean that as a compliment.

The problem is that, although he may have meant what you wrote, that's not what he said, and he phrased what he did say in an unnecessarily inflammatory manner.
I didnít vote for Trump. I donít feel as though I defend him as much as I argue against the petty stupidity of incidents such as this. They seem so cut and dry to me.

1) Someone throws shade at Trump.
2) Trump responds directly to said shade-thrower.
3) Trump gets called a racist.

Itís the same thing, over and over and over again. Three years of it. Next week it will be another incident. Itís endless. Itís pointless. Itís stupid.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:27 AM

22,124 posts, read 10,619,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
It will never change until all these people like Cummings who have been anointed leadership positions just to feather their own nests finally retire. He has done nothing for his district. He collects a government check for nothing.
Yep, it's the same story in Chicago. They all protect one another and help family and friends while residents suffer with higher taxation, terrible schools, high crime rates, and crumbling infrastructure.

But we'll keep voting these clowns in as major cities worsen. Then in 10 years those in a coma will come to life and ask, 'What happened?'

Old 07-30-2019, 10:28 AM

3,647 posts, read 1,038,049 times
[quote=phma;55799101]
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post

If someone takes a position that is left, they are on the left for that issue, no matter where they are on other issues !!! That's the way I see !!! I don't require anyone else to see it that way !!!

The only reason I'm a republican is b/c I had to be for vote for Trump in the primary !!! I wanted to be an independent and that is why I'm not !!!

A lot of people have a view of themselves that others don't share, we all are likely aware of that and are sometimes surprise by it too !!! Its not worth arguing over in IMO !!! If someone takes the position of a loon then they are a loon !!! If they think they are Bambi, fine !!! They are Bambi and a loon !!! Who cares ? I don't !!! Trump supporters are called everything !!! Its water off the ducks back to me !!!
I could care less !!!
Maybe you think its asinine, and maybe it is, but that's the way it is !!!
My attitude is so what !!! I'm over it and moving on !!!

You think I missed the point of Joe, Johnny, and Joe's mom !!! I just missed Joe's mom !!! The way she was before she went off the rails and became a slug !!! She was a lot of fun before that !!!
So, for example, let's say I am upset that Trump keeps signing spending bills that raise the deficit a lot. (I do actually think its alarming and hypocritical). That is a quintessential fiscal conservative position.

Yet according to the way you are answering my post, where I talked about how left seemed to mean "Doesn't agree with Trump", you are saying this would now be a left position.

There are people who would subsequently sneer about how I must have voted for Obama or Clinton or are left and so on simply because I had said I didn't like how Trump was spending money. That is indeed asinine.

You can often change your voting registration online these days at any time, so you could be Independent now if you like. Just a FYI.

As for Joe and Johnny...you do know that this example was referring to Trump and Obama? I see it all the time on here. Trump does something that some people complained about Obama doing. Others point out that Obama did it too as some sort of gotcha..." but he did it too and you didn't complain because he was on your side!"

Except a lot of the time, the person did complain about Obama, or isnt a Democrat, or didn't vote for Obama, or all sorts of reasons why the accusation isn't valid. Plus it's a cop out or hypocritical...just because Obama did it before, it doesn't excuse Trump.

I see that with the border camps, for example. Some people talk about how they feel it's bad Trump is doing this. Others jump in with "Obama started them!" as if it's a gotcha that somehow justifies their continued existence or that the person must have been ok with it before, but suddenly isn't just because it's Trump.

Like in this sense....who cares if it was Obama that started doing it? That doesn't mean Trump HAS to continue them or something. A lot of people, myself included, did not know it was going on. The media is probably to blame for at least some of that, sure, but it's in the past and I can't somehow go back in time and learn about it and protest then, too.

Now we do know, and now it's Trump's administration doing it too. Either say Obama was wrong and stop doing it, or own that you and your administration want to do this and seem to be expanding it.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:28 AM

41,099 posts, read 40,690,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I didnít vote for Trump. I donít feel as though I defend him as much as I argue against the petty stupidity of incidents such as this. They seem so cut and dry to me.

Itís the same thing, over and over and over again. Three years of it. Next week it will be another incident. Itís endless. Itís pointless. Itís stupid.
I don't care for Trump much but it seems like I spend more time defending him against the dishonest media and the way he's covered.

I think he trolls the media at times with some of the stuff he says.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:29 AM

17,852 posts, read 20,041,348 times
Basically, you can't say anything negative about black or brown people, whether or not it is true. Otherwise, you will be called a racist.

That is the message here.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:32 AM

6,524 posts, read 3,680,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't care for Trump much but it seems like I spend more time defending him against the dishonest media and the way he's covered.

I think he trolls the media at times with some of the stuff he says.
I agree - I feel Iím generally arguing fact over fiction, not Trump over _____.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:35 AM

12,961 posts, read 3,566,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post

IMO, #2 isn't always the same. Sometimes Trump navigates #2 without saying something inflammatory, and sometimes he doesn't. I wonder how hard or how easy it might be for him to always (or as close to always as possible) avoid saying something inflammatory in those situations.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:35 AM

12,344 posts, read 3,124,376 times
Trump has shone the spotlight on Baltimore so the rats and cockroaches are scurrying. Repubs need to have voter registration drive. "Look what the Dems have done for the past fifty years. What have you got to lose voting for Republicans?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or