U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2019, 03:49 PM

39,433 posts, read 20,560,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I could say the same about Republicans claiming that the Democratic Party is "anti-White". The little boy crying wolf. It goes both ways.

By the way, how do you expect me to interpret this statement other than racist?

"Our great African American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!"
You have the right to interpret this statement however you like the same as I have the right to ignore the lefts constant claim of racism. See, the left overplayed the card and we ignore them now.

LOL, I hear even milk is racism.
https://www.google.com/search?q=milk...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 03:49 PM

4,976 posts, read 7,927,287 times
Trump is actually shining a spotlight on the corruption in Baltimore.

The powers that be don't want that looked at or scrutinized. So, they are trying to deflect the attention from "where has all the federal money gone in Baltimore", money from taxpayers to Baltimore that was supposed to help the city, that instead went into elites pockets and pet projects, to name calling where it doesn't apply in this case.

It seems that a segment of white liberals and liberal minorities have decided that terms like "infested" and "lazy" must always be a term intended for those minorities. That's pretty sad if you think about it.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Trump is actually shining a spotlight on the corruption in Baltimore.

The powers that be don't want that looked at or scrutinized. So, they are trying to deflect the attention from "where has all the federal money gone in Baltimore", money from taxpayers to Baltimore that was supposed to help the city, that instead went into elites pockets and pet projects, to name calling where it doesn't apply in this case.

It seems that a segment of white liberals and liberal minorities have decided that terms like "infested" and "lazy" must always be a term intended for those minorities. That's pretty sad if you think about it.
You racist translate into Shut uppppp!

Old 07-30-2019, 03:55 PM

48,801 posts, read 45,833,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Right, We live with it the best we can. Trump cant have that. He stirs the pot.
I agree that Trump does stir the pot. And I think some of his supporters like this. Given that he says what some people want to hear. Saying "Baltimore is a dump" is not likely racist on its own. However, is a very divisive statement coming from the President. I can't imagine alot of Baltimore residents voting for Trump after such comments. On the other hand, there are some people who look at Trump's statement and take it as a dog whistle. Baltimore is 64% Black. Some (and I say some) Trump supporters living in or near Baltimore might take that statement and think "Black people cause so many problems. I'm glad there's a president looking out for us".

Old 07-30-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post

Aah I get it, liberals equate infested and lazy with minorities. Yea, liberals automatically assigning infested and lazy to minorities, then it's liberals who are racist. While the rest of us thought it was the conditions of the city including lack of opportunities... Cummings needs to worry less about illegals and do more about improving the city he represents and that's exactly the point Trump was making.

That is sad if you understand what they are really thinking.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:59 PM

48,801 posts, read 45,833,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Aah I get it, liberals equate infested and lazy with minorities. Yea, liberals automatically assigning infested and lazy to minorities, then it's liberals who are racist. While the rest of us thought it was the conditions of the city including lack of opportunities.

That is sad if you understand what they are really thinking.
And there are many conservatives who equate infested and lazy minorities. I've seen such states from conservatives right here on C-D.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And there are many conservatives who equate infested and lazy minorities. I've seen such states from conservatives right here on C-D.
Liberals automatically perceiving the words infested and lazy to minorities, which led to calling Trump racist.

While the rest understood that Trump was talking about the conditions of the city including lack of opportunities... Cummings needs to worry less about illegals and do more about improving the city he represents and that's exactly the point Trump was making.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:05 PM

9,611 posts, read 4,917,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
So nothing is racist; unless you use the N word?
The L word is lynch; the U word is uppity; the G word is guerilla or ghetto; the A word is articulate; the T word is thug; the CP word is cotton-pickin'; the I word [I learned this week] is infested.
Is the 'N' word Negro or noose or *****rdly ?

Old 07-30-2019, 04:05 PM

You don't consider these living conditions a problem where green_mariner? Would you rather we Trump just shut up so you can ignore the problem? Cummings needs to get off the Russia train and stop defending people coming to our country illegally illegals and do something his own city green_mariner?

No, liberals would rather IGNORE THE REAL ISSUE, pull the race card because they equate lazy and infested to minorities. wow

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-30-2019 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: hotlinking AND/OR copyright violation

Old 07-30-2019, 04:06 PM

27,606 posts, read 15,959,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Accidentally repped you.

#1 Saying the conditions are terrible at the detention centers is not true.
#2 Baltimore conditions, on the other hand...
#3 Has anyone checked how Cummings voted on the bill to send $$ to the border? I am guessing no.

#4 In my book, that makes him a liar and a hypocrite. Go ahead, tell me I am a racist now. Personally, we did fine under Barack Obama. I want to see everyone do well. And now under Trump, the majority are.
#1 how can you say that? Were you there to see it, or are you siding with the party talking points? If you weren't there, you cannot definitively say can you?
#2 Baltimore is no different than most cities. All cities have bad sections, even when you clean up the town. This happened even in the Rudy NYC. Granted he got rid of a number of the hustlers looking for a mark to drain with Follow the lady, but it wasn't perfect. Still had crime, still had drug sales.
#3 if you have the Bill number or the exact name of the bill, that would be easy. Often times bill votes aren't reported. Not that they aren't public, but we hardly ever hear of the votes unless we watch CSPN. Even when bills are voted, the bill number is seldom used.
#4 how exactly is a hypocrite? We agree that Baltimore has problems but to say it is as botched as the Trump border policy is just crazy.
As for doing fine under Trump, that is a mixed bag. For everyone saying they are doing great under Trump (typically the stock market) others are hurting. You also notice how the LFPR hasn't been talked about with Trump like it was Obama... The problem is economists are largely partisan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or