U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2019, 04:33 PM

39,435 posts, read 20,589,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've had some good experiences. I've also had some very bad experiences. I've had some ugly ones. And there are some things that are just bad, period. Alot of things are just bad, period. There is a saying "ignorance is bliss". It's sort of true. The more I read from history books, the more that I know, the more grim my view is in terms of America's history. And while these days are the best America has been, we still have alot of division.
Yep, it's amazing that people can treat others or think of others like that but they did. Hey, it was also bad for women too and still can be if you allow it. But if you or I want to focus on it making ourselves miserable that a choice each of us make. I chose to plow through, understand women's history and do what I can personally to not allow it in my life (education and a profession, never being dependent on a man). I can't change the world but I can control my situation for the most part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 04:34 PM

1,748 posts, read 385,962 times
Quote:
Then what is he?
a narcissistic, racist, demagogue - so is there a party that fits that category? Don't think so. But wouldn't label him conservative "just because" there are no other labels that fit the idiot.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:36 PM

6,524 posts, read 3,624,348 times
Quote:
So having a problem with the stupidity around me is "victim culture"? Having a problem with people flying Confederate flags is "victim culture"? Having a problem with people making bigoted remarks "victim culture"? Not forgetting about things that were done to you is "victim culture"?

You can call it "victim culture" all you want. For me, this is crap that I see around me. You can call me a negative nancy all you want. I will be happy when things change to what I want them to be.

And calling it "victim culture" is just a gaslight term.
Listen, green_mariner, weíve been at this same forum for over a decade now. Iím pretty astute, pay attention, and recall things about posters. Iím going to give you a little tough love; I really think you need it.

TOUGHEN UP, BUTTERCUP.

I have read for years now you whining over being bullied in high school (and how old are you now?) having been mugged once, having a hard time finding work, and a plethora of other complaints about your life. I also know from you that your folks are still married (and IIRC you still live at home?) and that you and your siblings have all either graduated from or are still attending college.

Youíve had a good life so far! Youíve dealt with the same crappy problems that most adults deal with in their lifetimes. So why do you carry such a frightful, paranoid, jaded outlook of the world? Have you ever even SEEN the world? Seriously - have you ever even left the country? I know youíve spent a lot of the past decade sitting in this forum complaining about things, but where have you gone? What have you done? What experiences do you have to share besides being a bullied teenager when you were young?

Iím no therapist, but Iíd be willing to bet that you suffer from some level of depression which has severely curtailed your enjoyment of life. Sitting at home on the Internet is not where happiness will be found, sweetheart.

Thatís all I got for ya.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
a narcissistic, racist, demagogue - so is there a party that fits that category? Don't think so. But wouldn't label him conservative "just because" there are no other labels that fit the idiot.
Feel better? Oh geez there's that race card again LOL surprise, the liberal go to. Can you be original instead of a parrot? You never get tired of playing that card even though we see it as the boy who cried wolf.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Listen, green_mariner, weíve been at this same forum for over a decade now. Iím pretty astute, pay attention, and recall things about posters. Iím going to give you a little tough love; I really think you need it.

TOUGHEN UP, BUTTERCUP.

I have read for years now you whining over being bullied in high school (and how old are you now?) having been mugged once, having a hard time finding work, and a plethora of other complaints about your life. I also know from you that your folks are still married (and IIRC you still live at home?) and that you and your siblings have all either graduated from or are still attending college.

Youíve had a good life so far! Youíve dealt with the same crappy problems that most adults deal with in their lifetimes. So why do you carry such a frightful, paranoid, jaded outlook of the world? Have you ever even SEEN the world? Seriously - have you ever even left the country? I know youíve spent a lot of the past decade sitting in this forum complaining about things, but where have you gone? What have you done? What experiences do you have to share besides being a bullied teenager when you were young?

Iím no therapist, but Iíd be willing to bet that you suffer from some level of depression which has severely curtailed your enjoyment of life. Sitting at home on the Internet is not where happiness will be found, sweetheart.

Thatís all I got for ya.
Wow. Everyone of us have had crappy experiences. The problem for some is they think they are the only ones as if the rest of the world lives the life of Riley. Wrong. It's all about how we handle it, what we do about it and crying about long ago history isn't going to change it.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:44 PM

6,524 posts, read 3,624,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Wow. Everyone of us have had crappy experiences. The problem for some is they think they are the only ones as if the rest of the world lives the life of Riley. Wrong. It's all about how we handle it, what we do about it and crying about long ago history isn't going to change it.
By the time we hit 30 most of us have endured several personal traumas. The trauma doesnít define us; our recovery from it does.

You either got some grit in you, or you donít.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:50 PM

10,314 posts, read 12,083,404 times
Default Cummings bends to Trump saying he is not racist...

This is incredible: Racist Cummings is so rattled by being called a "racist" that he is on his knees saying "I am not a racist" This is rich! America knows Cummings is a con man loser racist and that wont change Mr. Cummings!

"Civil Rights Era pedigree and a (too) long and notable career representing his district Ė "has been reduced to publicly insisting he is not a racist."

"My hand to God, I never in my wildest dreams thought Trump would be smart enough to flip the tables so hard on his political opponents!"

https://www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2...-trump-process

Old 07-30-2019, 05:10 PM

1,748 posts, read 385,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Baltimore is a dump [/url]
A lot of places are dumps. But Trump is butt hurt because a Black called him out and threatened impeachment.

He's not the President for all the people. Just his base.

He's a psychopath with his narcissism and racism.

Hope Americans wise-up - and make him one term.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:12 PM

34,606 posts, read 18,806,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
A lot of places are dumps. But Trump is butt hurt because a Black called him out and threatened impeachment.

He's not the President for all the people. Just his base.

He's a psychopath with his narcissism and racism.

Hope Americans wise-up - and make him one term.

So, is trump wrong?

Be the first to step up and say Baltimore is a clean and rat free place....

Prove YOUR president wrong....really, step up....

Old 07-30-2019, 05:22 PM

21,859 posts, read 14,529,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
How to spell republican, R_A_C_I_S_T.

Trump wants to divide the nation by whites blaming blacks for all their woes. Our republican elects have stood silent in all this and that is the same as condoning Trump's words and behavior.

More importantly, republicans have placed party over and above their country. Republicans have allowed Trump to trash the Constitution and by remaining silent they are as guilty as Trump is.

I don't think that most good Americans want a race divided country nor a country that is lead by a person who defies the very laws this country was founded on. Not only do we need to get Trump out of the White House but also his republican followers.
*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or