U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2019, 01:21 PM

553 posts, read 77,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It was about the border wall. Not only was it not necessary, it was stupid.

Yes apparently he thought it was necessary and I agree with him. Many people won't i guess---what are they going to do, call those that they disagree with racist? That wont do anything but cause more division, but the shoe fits since that appears to be the goal of todays liberals.

President Trump calling the situation in Baltimore for what it is, is not racist. If you think it is then Mr Cummings is racist for saying the same comments about the city...if you don't follow this logic then you are a hypocrite.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 04:37 PM

49,583 posts, read 46,351,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Yes apparently he thought it was necessary and I agree with him. Many people won't i guess---what are they going to do, call those that they disagree with racist? That wont do anything but cause more division, but the shoe fits since that appears to be the goal of todays liberals.

President Trump calling the situation in Baltimore for what it is, is not racist. If you think it is then Mr Cummings is racist for saying the same comments about the city...if you don't follow this logic then you are a hypocrite.
It wasn't necessary because it had nothing to do with what either Cummings or Trump were talking about. I never said it was racist. I said that he didn't need to say that. He didn't say it because it's true. He said it to hit below the belt. You don't call something what it is just because. There is a reason you say things. Trump said what he said because he wanted to hurt Cummings the way he felt hurt by Cummings. Trump could not care less about Baltimore. I know Baltimore has alot of problems. But that's not why Trump said it. He said it because he has a big mouth and a childish mentality. You agree with Trump because you support Trump and you like that Trump has an antagonistic mentality.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:15 PM

35,557 posts, read 19,148,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Has anyone stated trump is correct?

Anyone?

Old 08-03-2019, 02:08 AM

1 posts, read 116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
So nothing is racist; unless you use the “N word”?
Things are racist when they're negative generalizations directed at entire classes of people, ie, according to their race. If you believe Trump has racist motives, you assume his choice to pick a fight with a black congressman "must be racist". You have to engage in a kind of mind reading here; if you have the bias that white republicans, and Trump in particular, have evil, racist motives, then you believe everything they say is racist -- it's not something you can prove as much as a hunch that you feel entitled to run with because the media eggs you on, and makes you feel like it's common sense.

Otherwise, there's nothing inherently racist in his language; he isn't talking about anyone's race in a negative light. He's talking about the hypocrisy of a man who acts righteously indignant over conditions at the border, while he neglects his own neighborhoods back home. If you can project racism onto someone for calling out Cummings' hypocrisy, based on the races of the men involved, that makes you more of a racist than Trump, or Bernie, or any of the others in this story.

If you have to "read Trump's mind" to argue racism, it's your own projected bias. If you think every white man who criticizes a black democrat must be a racist, you have a bias against white people.

Old 08-03-2019, 02:53 AM

2,812 posts, read 2,016,508 times
Just for a sec forget whether it was racist for Trump to say what he did and think about the president of the United States bad mouthing his own country. I heard him offer help to Russia due to the fires they are having & remember how he complained about spending money for the California fires. What exactly is he doing?

Old 08-03-2019, 04:40 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,462,865 times
Quote:
Except this conversation had nothing to do with Baltimore. Trump brought up Baltimore to hit below the belt. Baltimore has issues, and not, I don't think Cummings should talk down on his city. However, that isn't the point. This conversation had nothing to do with Baltimore. It was about the border wall. Not only was it not necessary, it was stupid. This is not about a representative's responsibilty. This is about Trump hitting below the belt. What part of that do you not understand?
When you care more about the rights of illegals than your own constituents there’s a friggin problem! What part of that do you not understand??? Cummings deserves all the crap he’s getting!

Old 08-03-2019, 04:45 AM

553 posts, read 77,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Cummings deserves all the crap he’s getting!

Yes he does.

Quote:
It wasn't necessary because it had nothing to do with what either Cummings or Trump were talking about. I never said it was racist. I said that he didn't need to say that.

If I said something about you saying this was racist...that response would be "necessary"...but I didn't... however exactly that IS the topic of the tread in case you haven't been keeping up.
We agree to disagree, he did need to say it and it still wasn't racist.

Quote:
You agree with Trump because you support Trump and you like that Trump has an antagonistic mentality.

Actually I agree with him because he doesn't let these radical Democrats try to run over him without punching back and he is in the right to do defend himself.

Last edited by tipsyguam; 08-03-2019 at 04:58 AM..

Old 08-03-2019, 05:08 AM

12,956 posts, read 3,559,240 times
Quote:
Here is my rebuttal. Baltimore has alot of problems. However, Trump didn't say any of that to help Baltimore or because he cares about Baltimore. He said it because he didn't like what Elijah Cummings had to say. Trump hit below the belt. The conversation started as a disagreement about building the border wall. If Trump doesn't really care about Baltimore or other inner city areas at all. He just wanted to hit Cummings where it hurt. It wasn't necessary. Baltimore has alot of problems that need to be solved. However, Baltimore had absolutely nothing to do with what that discussion was about. There are alot of problems in Baltimore that need to be talked about. But that was not the time or the place. It was only brought up as a way to hit Cummings below the belt. It was simply Trump being the petulant bully that he is. By the way, Detroit has a White mayor now. There are still alot of problems.

When President Obama was critical towards Black men, he wasn't critical towards Black women. He knows if that happens, all heck will break loose. If former President Obama couldn't get members of the underclass/hood rat subculture within the Black population to do better, no one can. What President Obama said had alot more to do with him wanting to help, wanting to encourage people. President Trump is known for being antagonistic. He didn't say what he said because he cared about Baltimore. This had nothing to do with the problems in the inner city. It was about Elijah Cummings and Trump having a problem with him.

And something else. Given the racial tensions this country has always had, and the problems we still have, there won't be much trust for anyone.

The comments were not necessary because it wasn't the time or the place for it.
I disagree with a number of things Obama did while President, but I completely agree with the bolded.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:10 AM

12,956 posts, read 3,559,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post

Why do you agree with him ?

ETA: Nevermind. I just read your answer to the above at the end of post #1417.

Translation of your answer at the end of post #1417: 'I don't like it when someone criticizes my hero reacting like a toddler, so I'm going to support what my hero said, even though he's acting like a toddler'.

Last edited by RMESMH; 08-03-2019 at 05:21 AM..

Old 08-03-2019, 05:16 AM

10,728 posts, read 12,261,605 times
Elijah Cummings is an embarrassment to this country:

https://www.thebrodcastbooth.com/eli...o-the-country/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or