U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 05:10 AM

12,341 posts, read 3,345,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Yes apparently he thought it was necessary and I agree with him. Many people won't i guess---what are they going to do, call those that they disagree with racist? That wont do anything but cause more division, but the shoe fits since that appears to be the goal of todays liberals.

President Trump calling the situation in Baltimore for what it is, is not racist. If you think it is then Mr Cummings is racist for saying the same comments about the city...if you don't follow this logic then you are a hypocrite.
Why do you agree with him ?

ETA: Nevermind. I just read your answer to the above at the end of post #1417.

Translation of your answer at the end of post #1417: 'I don't like it when someone criticizes my hero reacting like a toddler, so I'm going to support what my hero said, even though he's acting like a toddler'.

Last edited by RMESMH; 08-03-2019 at 05:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 05:16 AM

10,253 posts, read 12,055,759 times
Elijah Cummings is an embarrassment to this country:

https://www.thebrodcastbooth.com/eli...o-the-country/

Old 08-03-2019, 07:26 AM

9,000 posts, read 5,154,565 times
because hes a white boy, you cannot say anything bad about a minority or their lifestyle, even if it correct, you are a racist. only thing minority want from white communities are their money, they dont want help, or anything. give them your cars, houses, females and shut up or you are a racist

Old 08-03-2019, 08:44 AM

2,809 posts, read 4,383,168 times
We usta call stupid stuff, "stupid"... and who hasn't done or said something that they would want back or classify as stupid?

Bueller? Bueller?

Again, when you can't argue the facts, you demonize your opponent and make them morally reprehensible. Also it's important to look like Bernie Sanders when he's constipated... you know.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:00 AM

9,543 posts, read 10,265,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
because hes a white boy, you cannot say anything bad about a minority or their lifestyle, even if it correct, you are a racist. only thing minority want from white communities are their money, they dont want help, or anything. give them your cars, houses, females and shut up or you are a racist

No its because Trump fails at the most fundamental level of human decency. If he has any constructive criticism of a man he will impugn over a half million people to make his point. So yes he is a white boy who has never walked a mile in the shoes of a black man in urban America but he thinks he knows all about them.
"Judge not lest ye be judged"

Old 08-04-2019, 02:57 AM

2,903 posts, read 1,434,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Why do you agree with him ?

ETA: Nevermind. I just read your answer to the above at the end of post #1417.

Translation of your answer at the end of post #1417: 'I don't like it when someone criticizes my hero reacting like a toddler, so I'm going to support what my hero said, even though he's acting like a toddler'.
I agree! Cummings is acting like a toddler.

Old 08-04-2019, 01:26 PM

142 posts, read 302,221 times
Default Sh!thole

It IS What it IS....

Old 08-04-2019, 01:53 PM

252 posts, read 29,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post

Yes Cummings is along with the squad.

Old 08-05-2019, 10:35 AM

16,214 posts, read 6,393,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No a single link.....and, no I'm not going to look them up....
Many of those items are clearly paraphrases. As far as remarks targeting minorities and violence it is high time that the minority community took responsibility for the actions of a disproportionate number of incidents rather than screaming "racism" at every turn. For example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
He is doing it, even as we read this thread, as he continues to assault Baltimore.... Most recently he singled out 4 freshman Democratic congresswomen of color and differing ethnicities to demean and denigrate with racial slurs and xenophobic taunts. He did not try to stop or mend the divide he created with his abhorrent tweets and language and innuendos. Rather, he kept at it to reveal that he is using an even more blunt and overt racism as a campaign strategy than he utilized in 2016.

Currently he is involved in a direct and ongoing attack on another respected congressman of color, Rep. Elijah Cummings. He is deliberately attacking and wounding an American city and its myriad black citizens (Cummings' constituents) with racially charged words and ugly phrasing. Belittling, defaming and criticizing Americans and their homes with words and phrasing such as "rats and infestation and vermin" is disgusting and the President of the United States of America is revealing his unabashed racism. Yes he is using Baltimore and it is about the colors brown and black. ....He often casts heavily black American cities as war zones. In a 2016 debate with Hillary Clinton, Trump said, “Our inner cities, African Americans, Hispanics are living in hell because it’s so dangerous. You walk down the street, you get shot.” Trump also said to black voters: “You’re living in poverty; your schools are no good; you have no jobs.”
Lots of government money has gone down the rathole in Baltimore and other benighted cities, and has not improved conditions measurably.
Quote:
In 1989, Trump took out ads in New York newspapers urging the death penalty for five black and Latino teenagers accused of raping a white woman in Central Park; he defiantly argued they were guilty as late as October 2016, more than 10 years after DNA evidence had exonerated them.
While it is true that those five teens did not commit that rape I doubt that these people were choirboys. They likely had a sizable "rap sheet" or else they would have taken the witness stand and their denials would have been quite convincing. They were likely in quite a bit of trouble before. My wife sat on a grand jury (I think) and the consensus among the jurors was that the urban defendants may not have committed the crime in question but likely committed others. The jury voted to indict and/or convict.
Quote:
In December 2017, "Donald J. Trump calls for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States,” including refusing to readmit Muslim-American citizens who were outside of the country at the time.
Maybe an overstatement, but there is no question in my mind that groups that are over-represented in seditious activity need to be monitored more closely than others. We should not be turning a trip to an office building or airport into a major project out of a misguided attempt not to profile.
Quote:
At the White House, in a cabinet meeting, Trump vulgarly called for less immigration from Haiti and Africa and more from Norway.
There is no question that we don't need too many immigrants from countries whose people have few relevant skills in First World countries. They will be helpless in this country. That's the G-d's honest truth. Without major subsidies they would starve, even here.[quote=corpgypsy;55827791]He frequently criticizes prominent African-Americans for being unpatriotic, ungrateful and disrespectful. Citizens whose U.S. roots go back deeper and longer than his very own at times. He has tweeted such, as well as calling them minorities that are uppity and ungrateful.[/qutoe]Most minorities do better here than in their ancestor's or their own native lands. There is only a limited amount of gratitude for that.
Quote:
He called Puerto Ricans who criticized his administration’s response to Hurricane Maria “politically motivated ingrates.”
Can someone in Puerto Rico explain where aid for the hurricane relief has gone?
Quote:
He spent years and myriad tweets suggesting that the nation’s first black president was born not in the United States but in Kenya, a lie that Trump still has not acknowledged as such.

Trump falsely claimed that President Obama “issued a statement for Kwanzaa but failed to issue one for Christmas.”
I agree. These statements were uncalled for. Also this:
Quote:
More recently, his political rise was built on promulgating the lie that the nation’s first black president was born in Kenya.
Disgusting but did little to help his rise.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:01 PM

48,765 posts, read 45,822,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
And Trump wasn't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or