Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2019, 01:13 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I couldn't care less what color you are. You're a liberal who would vote for the exact same people and policies that turned Baltimore into the dump it is now.
I voted for Gary Johnson, so there. Here is the thing. I look out for ME. I vote for what is in my best interests. I have low social trust for most people, regardless of race. I'll vote for whomever I want to vote for. You want a city that is Republican, I wouldn't live in Baltimore if I were you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2019, 02:06 PM

4,515 posts, read 2,520,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
How about fining people for littering, starting punishing quality of life crimes. You can do that without insulting a city or being a crass jerk. You still haven't given me a good reason to vote for someone who would insult my city.
The liberals would claim it is racist because many of the black residents cant afford the fines, and when they are picked up for a huge amount of unpaid fines. Wont be able to pay bail, and will lose their jobs. We had that argument here in el paso about fines for any traffic tickets/convictions. They wanted to do away with any penalties for not paying fines.

Old 10-10-2019, 05:27 PM

17,614 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
The liberals would claim it is racist because many of the black residents cant afford the fines, and when they are picked up for a huge amount of unpaid fines. Wont be able to pay bail, and will lose their jobs. We had that argument here in el paso about fines for any traffic tickets/convictions. They wanted to do away with any penalties for not paying fines.
Yup. We have "squeegee kids" in Baltimore now. Basically they are AA teenagers who accost drivers downtown with filthy squeegees stolen from gas stations and demand payment for their service of slathering dirty water on your car. There have been multiple instances of assaults, broken windows, and other vehicle damage when the extorted motorist declined to pay these truants.

What's the city's response? Why, of course it's the taxpayers job to somehow fund these kids so they don't feel the need to engage in the illegal conduct of solicitation in the middle of traffic.

And of course, liberals here are dumb enough and stupid enough to go along with this "solution." Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that the solution is to put police officers at the intersections and arrest and fine the perpetrators. But that's "racist" according to the woke brigade. Not everyone is that stupid and dense here, but the morons far outnumber those of us with IQs over 80. Places like Baltimore are doomed and it is 100% thanks to liberal ideology and liberal voters.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:42 PM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Yup. We have "squeegee kids" in Baltimore now. Basically they are AA teenagers who accost drivers downtown with filthy squeegees stolen from gas stations and demand payment for their service of slathering dirty water on your car. There have been multiple instances of assaults, broken windows, and other vehicle damage when the extorted motorist declined to pay these truants.

What's the city's response? Why, of course it's the taxpayers job to somehow fund these kids so they don't feel the need to engage in the illegal conduct of solicitation in the middle of traffic.

And of course, liberals here are dumb enough and stupid enough to go along with this "solution." Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that the solution is to put police officers at the intersections and arrest and fine the perpetrators. But that's "racist" according to the woke brigade. Not everyone is that stupid and dense here, but the morons far outnumber those of us with IQs over 80. Places like Baltimore are doomed and it is 100% thanks to liberal ideology and liberal voters.
Really? It isn’t that complicated to get rid of them.

For years, we had to deal with the squeegee guys in NYC every time we entered the city from the Lincoln Tunnel. Even if you shook your head, no, they pretended not to see you, and they would dirty up your windows with their filthy squeegees anyway. Then Giuliani got elected, and among many other things he did to clean up the city, he said there will be no more squeegee guys. And like magic, they disappeared in a day.

Old 10-10-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post

For years, we had to deal with the squeegee guys in NYC every time we entered the city from the Lincoln Tunnel. Even if you shook your head, no, they pretended not to see you, and they would dirty up your windows with their filthy squeegees anyway. Then Giuliani got elected, and among many other things he did to clean up the city, he said there will be no more squeegee guys. And like magic, they disappeared in a day.
I never had to deal with any squeegee dudes when I worked in Downtown Atlanta or the southwest side of Atlanta. In fact, I don't know anyone who did. Alot of homeless in Atlanta, but not the squeegee dudes.

Old 10-10-2019, 08:21 PM

17,614 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post

I would give a finger or a toe if it would mean Giuliani would be the mayor of Baltimore. It will never happen in this city because it has too many left wing morons.

Old 10-10-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
I would give a finger or a toe if it would mean Giuliani would be the mayor of Baltimore. It will never happen in this city because it has too many left wing morons.
I would not. Giuliani implemented Stop and Frisk. And that violates the 4th Amendment.

Old 10-10-2019, 08:48 PM

8,331 posts, read 2,959,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Has Trump called a town in Appalachia a "dump"? Have we all missed that? That's one of his strong voting bases, so no, no matter how dumpy and meth riddled it is, I don't believe he's called them a "dump".

And a follow up question, has another sitting president ever - ever - called an American city "a dump"?
I don’t care what drugs you do. Just don’t go around killing people. That’s the ultimate dump. A place with extremely high violent crime rates. He speaks the truth. You think there aren’t any dumps in the U.S.?

Old 10-10-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
I don’t care what drugs you do. Just don’t go around killing people. That’s the ultimate dump. A place with extremely high violent crime rates. He speaks the truth. You think there aren’t any dumps in the U.S.?
I don't like that Baltimore has a high murder rate and it isn't helping anyone. However, Trump didn't call Baltimore a dump because he wanted to help people. He said it because he wanted to hit Elijah Cummings where it hurt, and the discussion had nothing to do with Baltimore. It had to do with building the border wall. Baltimore had nothing to do with it. That was Trump hitting below the belt as usual.

No one denies that Baltimore has alot of problems. However, a sitting President referring to a city as a dump, a city in the country for which he's President of, that is disturbing behavior for a President. Trump doesn't care about Baltimore. Trump's just being a crass jerk, like he usually is.

Old 10-10-2019, 09:15 PM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I never had to deal with any squeegee dudes when I worked in Downtown Atlanta or the southwest side of Atlanta. In fact, I don't know anyone who did. Alot of homeless in Atlanta, but not the squeegee dudes.
Consider yourself lucky. There have been reports of them being back in recent years, but I haven’t seen them personally.

https://vosizneias.com/2014/08/08/ne...citys-tunnels/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies