U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 12:53 PM

12,354 posts, read 3,345,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I think Trump probably watched an episode of 'The Wire' and based his views on that.

Trump also believes New Jersey is populated entirely by Italian gangsters and their families and that people in Albuquerque drive around in old battered vehicles and make meth amphetamine for a living.

In Baltimore's defence, John Hopkins is a famous medical school and university, and the Peabody Library is famous, and Baltimore looks like it has a nice harbour. I do have to agree with Trump in terms of the amount of murders though, although the rate has been falling in some US cities which is a further positive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 12:53 PM

37,682 posts, read 16,330,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Wonder if any Kushner-owned properties have rats...

So, if your son in law murders someone, we should charge YOU with the murder?

Old 07-28-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
DTJ is making some in the black community re-think. I don't think the lies will work with older blacks (35 yrs and up). As a black American, our family in L.A. (between La Brea & La Cienega, south of Coliseum) notice the lack of progress in our part of L.A. The homelessness is spreading and you have $1.5-2 million dollar homes 1.5 miles away.

Homelessness has always been in Santa Monica and Venice beach since the early 90s but since there's less benches, some of the younger people are living in cars, parks, tents on sidewalks or sleep outside large stores that have abandoned that location.
DJT has also criticized Rubio, Jeb Bush, and is always on Schumer and Pelosi too. He is just old-school and will be on your ass if your job performance is suspect.

Parts of Baltimore are horrible just as parts of L.A. and Cleveland are filthy & poverty stricken. People today just don't like hard-asses and reality checks in society. They don't like to hear it at work or on TV and surely not from the Pres. of the U.S. I'm glad I am over 45 and can take it.

** However, I certainly wouldn't criticize the dems the way he does on twitter or to the media. The dems shouldn't lie about him. They need to just campaign on what they can actually & will do for their district. Put the impeachment talk to bed. That is a pipedream. And even if he was miraculously impeached by the House, he'll still be elected in 2020. Their rhetoric, especially AOC, is so embarrassing & nonsensical.
"People today just don't like hard-asses and reality checks in society. They don't like to hear it at work or on TV and surely not from the Pres. of the U.S."

I disagree. Many I know voted for him JUST for that reason. We are tired of the politicians gobbledygook ( gobbledegook-language that is meaningless or is made unintelligible by excessive use of abstruse technical terms; nonsense.) double talk. We WANT it straight without all the B. S. like this:

Quote of the day
  • “My accomplishments as Secretary of State? Well, I'm glad you asked! My proudest accomplishment in
    which I take the most pride, mostly because of the opposition it faced early on, you know… the remnants
    of prior situations and mindsets that were too narrowly focused in a manner whereby they may have
    overlooked the bigger picture and we didn’t do that and I’m proud of that. Very proud. I would say that’s
    a major accomplishment.”
- Hillary Clinton 11 March 2014

Could someone please tell me what the hell she just said?

And obama when asked a simple question would spend 5 minutes with more "I",s than any thing else and at the end NEVER addressed the question.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:04 PM

5,786 posts, read 1,558,918 times
The so-called MSM is going nuts - what’s new - over the President calling Baltimore a dump. This is a classic example of the Democrats wanting to force everyone to go along with their charades, this time pretending places like Baltimore, which they’ve ruined btw, are some kind of fantastic places and that life-long poverty pumps like Cummings are ‘champions.’ It’s exactly this hype of delusion that got the President elected in the first place.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:15 PM

5,786 posts, read 1,558,918 times
Unfortunately, the below link highlights the situation created by Democrats in places like Baltimore. While this woman is criticizing Cummings, it is because he hasn't arranged 'shoe and clothes giveaways.' This is the mentality that people like Cummings have created over the decades they've been in power:

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/sta...ur-district%2F

Old 07-28-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Cummings isn’t the President.

Trump is the President.

The concept of not ‘punching down’ goes completely over Trump’s head.
"The concept of not ‘punching down’", never heard of it.

I like, "if you CAN"T take it, DON"T dish it out" a LOT better.

Why should we allow "down" people the right to trash you and NOT respond back in a like manner.

I have never read in the Constitution we must adhere to the Marquess of Queensberry Rules.

I HAVE heard of, "DON'T bring a knife to a GUN fight" and "If you go after me and I will come back with everything I have"

Old 07-28-2019, 01:18 PM

34,069 posts, read 42,486,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The murder rate in Baltimore was in decline last time I checked.

Baltimore, like other U.S. cities, sees declines in homicides in 2018 - Baltimore Sun

Your source needs updated:

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/...increase-2019/

Old 07-28-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Typical lib banter.

One can never criticize the actions of a black politician in America- to do so would be "racist"!

This is the lunacy of the left and their "racist" notions, as they cannot treat and accept a black politician like anyone else. If Trump had said the same thing about a white or Asian district, would you call it "racist"?

Liberals are the biggest frauds on the planet and transfer their own personal insecurities and thoughts upon others. Libs feel minorities are inferior to them, and thus are not held to the same standard. This, of course, is actual "racism" and the libs reveal their heartfelt beliefs with these thoughts.
BINGO, we have a WINNER!

Old 07-28-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Posted this earlier

June 24, 2019 at 11:00 pm
"Baltimore Police Announce New Patrol Strategy As Homicides Rise"

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/...omicides-rise/

Old 07-28-2019, 01:29 PM

7,450 posts, read 1,687,325 times
He just can't stop. His sensitive, snowflake ego won't let him.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or