Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 07:41 AM

8,478 posts, read 4,724,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Ever been, ever lived in Baltimore? The trauma center at John Hopkins goes 24/7; The "Wire" is a photo-realistic crime series set in Baltimore; the police are directed to crack houses by the smell of a dead body inside, etc.

You are right. Calling Baltimore a dump is giving dump a bad rap.
Been, yes. Lived, no. I’m not saying it’s a wonderland. But I think we’re way off the reservation here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 07:42 AM

2,029 posts, read 2,358,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It seems very odd that the left immediately calls Trump a "racist" for saying Baltimore is a dump. It is- have any of you been there? How is calling a place that is a dump "racist"? Can one no longer speak the truth in the eyes of modern day leftists? If you don't acknowledge a fact, can a problem ever be solved?

Is calling parts of Appalachia a dump "racist" as well? The Blue Ridge Mountains are beautiful, but many parts of Appalachia are dumps- trust me- we hike there all the time. The North Carolina area can actually be pretty wealthy, but far eastern TN, far western VA and WV can be pretty dumpy. Racist?

MANY of these congressmen go on the attack and are so focuses on partisan political issues, that they neglect their own districts and what can be done for them.

Instead of wanting open borders and freebies for illegals, why don't Cummings and AOC focus on helping their districts, which obviously need a lot of help. Are they neglecting their duties as Congressmen?
He called Baltimore "infested". He only uses this term when it is applies to black or brown individuals like Cummings, the four congresswomen, and his other attacks on black or Mexican things things or individuals. To say he is not racist is to stick your head in the sand. He is vile, period.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:42 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Two separate issues that have their own challenges. Trump is in charge of the conditions at the border. Cummings is in charge of conditions in Baltimore.

Trump can't man up and take responsibility so he has to deflect attention elsewhere.
Why is Trump responsible for Illegal Aliens over crowding they border? THEY are the ones coming here voluntarily, and illegally. I guarantee the conditions in the border facilities are better than what they have at home.

As a House Rep, Cummings can influence national policy, but he knows he will get his district's votes anyway, so neglects them.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:45 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Baltimore is a dump and may rival Detroit as the worst city in the country.

That's not a racist statement. That's a statement of fact.

Edit: I just looked up the 10 most dangerous cities, 2018. Surprisingly, Baltimore is only #7, with Detroit #2 and St Louis #1.

Top 10 Most Dangerous Cities In America 2018
Better to have a few rats than to be a racist rat oneself

https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion...ada-story.html

Old 07-28-2019, 07:45 AM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Been, yes. Lived, no. I’m not saying it’s a wonderland. But I think we’re way off the reservation here.
Well, that was the first racist phrase this whole thread. Sure beats what Trump said.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:46 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
He called Baltimore "infested". He only uses this term when it is applies to black or brown individuals like Cummings, the four congresswomen, and his other attacks on black or Mexican things things or individuals. To say he is not racist is to stick your head in the sand. He is vile, period.
Infested with criminals and people who destroy their own neighborhoods.

If you think that is brown and black people, you need to check the mirror when throwing out the racist label.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:46 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I am at the point now that if Pelosi says it I assume that the opposite must be true.

Most normal people have been like with Trump since day 1 of his campaign. Has worked out well against the the lyingest president in history

Old 07-28-2019, 07:47 AM

8,478 posts, read 4,724,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Well, that was the first racist phrase this whole thread. Sure beats what Trump said.
Haaaaa you got me! Good catch.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:47 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If you close your eyes and pretend there aren't problems, those problems don't tend to go away.
apparently even bernie sanders is a ‘racist’.

It Wasn’t Racist When Bernie Sanders Said That Elijah Cummings’s Constituents Were Living In Squalor and It Isn’t Racist Now
https://www.redstate.com/streiff/201...nt-racist-now/

Old 07-28-2019, 07:48 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,433 times
It's not racist. And everyone is tired of politicians using the word to shield themselves from their unworkable ideas and poor performance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies