Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 06:29 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,857,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
This has nothing to do with the issue we are discussing. The media does reports and features on Baltimore's many troubles quite often. You can watch some of them on YouTube. They were also in the thick of things during the riots after the death of Freddy Gray.

The real issue here is the President of America publicly bashing American cities. I can only imagine what people would be saying if Ilhan Omar called out specific American cities for being "dumps."

Trump loves to punch down. Perhaps he could punch up now and then and act like a patriot by supporting Baltimore if it has such serious problems. Perhaps a presidential visit to West/East Baltimore to call attention to the poverty, decay, crime, and corruption? It's just down the road from DC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 06:32 PM

18,008 posts, read 27,453,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's not racist, but the way he expresses himself is so uncouth it's embarrassing. He could have said there were enough problems in Baltimore that Cummings has ignored, so he should pay attention to what's going on in his own house.

Calling it a dump, even if it is, is not what I would call presidential dialogue.
This is why I voted for Trump, and why Trump won.

Couth didn't do Jack for John McCain the Racist, Sarah Palin the Racist, Mitt Romney the Tax dodging racist, and Paul Ryan the white piece of bread wuss-racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
This has nothing to do with the issue we are discussing. The media does reports and features on Baltimore's many troubles quite often. You can watch some of them on YouTube. They were also in the thick of things during the riots after the death of Freddy Gray.

The real issue here is the President of America publicly bashing American cities. I can only imagine what people would be saying if Ilhan Omar called out specific American cities for being "dumps."

Trump loves to punch down. Perhaps he could punch up now and then and act like a patriot by supporting Baltimore if it has such serious problems. Perhaps a presidential visit to West/East Baltimore to call attention to the poverty, decay, crime, and corruption? It's just down the road from DC.
If Trump ran a crusade to revamp Baltimore, Nancy Pelosi and Chucklebuckets Schumer would deem Baltimore racist, mote it off from the Beltway, sanction the Ravens and Orioles from Professional Sports, and defund Loyola and U of M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You can stand up for yourself without dropping to the level of petulant bullies. Trump is not the kind of President I want. That's why I voted for Gary Johnson.
One toke over the line sweet Jesus, one toke over the line...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
So in the last 6 days, Donald Trump has attacked 5 lawmakers: 1 black man, 1 black woman, 2 hispanic women, and 1 African Muslim woman.

Trump supporters....anything?

Hmmm... Good point.

Shame on Trump and shame on me!

My bad.

Impeach Fodifav!

I'm sure the democrats and the Blamestream Fakestream Lamestream Mainstream media and the weaponized politicized intelligence community and academia etc would ever consider pulling the race card

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
...and the people of Baltimore are helping to foot the bull.
Freudian slip of the thread.

Besides that, Baltimore is not in President Donald J Trump's purview.

Last edited by McGowdog; 07-28-2019 at 07:09 PM..

Old 07-28-2019, 06:34 PM

73,002 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
We wanted a President who wouldn't let Democrats walk all over him and we got it. Democrats don't know how to handle a President who doesn't fall for the constant accusations of racism that they've hurled at anyone they disagreed with for decades. It's worked so well to get whatever you guys want and all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore, I can understand why you're frustrated.
There is a reason President Trump is being accused of being a racist. It's the things he has said. His Central Park 5 comments from the 1980s and his stubbornness in terms to sticking to them. His bigoted tweet towards former President Obama when the Baltimore riots took place. He also retweet a bigoted tweet from a Neo-Nazi Twitter account. That tweet included false statistics regarding Blacks and crime, as well as citing a source that doesn't exist. And then his "Look at my African-American over there" comment at a rally in Redding, California. It's his mouth that has gotten him the reputation that he has. Trump started it.

You can stand up for yourself without dropping to the level of petulant bullies. Trump is not the kind of President I want. That's why I voted for Gary Johnson.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:36 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,904 times
It's only racist because the left wanted another talking point. When Bernie did it no one cared.
Baltimore is a national disgrace and it is self inflicted like most cities in trouble. Bad policies at state and local level compounded by the delay linger and wait method of addressing problems, followed by blame someone else.

I used to love going to Baltimore.We went almost every weekend to Baltimore and Towson.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
If the Representatives of those other places attacked him as Cummings has calling him a racist and a criminal, then Trump would call those other places out too. Attack him and he attacks you back. You'd think the far left would know this by now.

And the reason most of the country doesn't get all hot and bothered by some of the politically incorrect and sometimes cringworthy statements he makes is because they know there is a kernel of truth in what he says. Baltimore is a dump, and a very dangerous one at that. Why does the far left pretend it's not? Maybe they should admit it and then try to help the people that live there. And yes most people, even if they are too polite to say it, agree than many African countries are $hitholes. This is why their people are trying to escape to Europe and the US. When the far left folks threaten to leave the US, it is never those African countries that they are looking to go to.
Huh? You’re in America because your ancestors were trying to escape a European craphole where they were starving to death and couldn’t make a living.

Africa? Europeans ran to Africa by the millions and had to be ran out of Africa kicking and screaming.

So stick to talking about THIS country..

Trump is the president of Baltimore too. Why isn’t he fixing it? He sure is trying to fix Kabul, isn’t he? With tax money he gets partially from the people of Baltimore.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:37 PM

73,002 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
This is why I voted for Trump, and why Trump won.

Couth didn't do Jack for John McCain the Racist, Sarah Palin the Racist, Mitt Romney the Tax dodging racist, and Paul Ryan the white piece of bread wuss-racist.
I didn't vote for Trump. Trump's comments are what made me think he was a bigot. He has a big mouth.

This tweet right here was enough for me:

Quote:
Our great African American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!

Old 07-28-2019, 06:38 PM

45,344 posts, read 60,534,984 times
Quote:

Trump loves to punch down. Perhaps he could punch up now and then and act like a patriot by supporting Baltimore if it's such a dump. Perhaps a presidential visit to West/East Baltimore to call attention to the poverty, decay, crime, and corruption?
He was going to go but the visit was cancelled and relocated:

https://www.baltimoremagazine.com/20...l-still-happen

Old 07-28-2019, 06:39 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Because they are “rat infested areas”, among other things.

I agree. I think they are doing the cities a service. What city wants to be known for it’s slums? The areas become safer, and filled with people who pay taxes to the city rather than consume them.
Every city of size has slums/ ghettos going back 200 years. European Immigrants were the primary occupants. Then came the great black migration from southern rural areas who were not welcome to live elsewhere.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:39 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
Quote:
but it does. what better way to show the eevul ‘racist’ trump how wrong he is by going to the heart of the matter in west b-more and show the world what a wonderful rat-free place it truly is?

Old 07-28-2019, 06:42 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Huh? You’re in America because your ancestors were trying to escape a European craphole where they were starving to death and couldn’t make a living.

Africa? Europeans ran to Africa by the millions and had to be ran out of Africa kicking and screaming.

So stick to talking about THIS country..

Trump is the president of Baltimore too. Why isn’t he fixing it? He sure is trying to fix Kabul, isn’t he? With tax money he gets partially from the people of Baltimore.
. How do you know Baltimore hasn't received generous amounts of tax dollars to fix it?

Why doesn't the CEO of a Fortune 500 company fix an under performing department of 20 people? Not his job. His job would be to fire the idiots that allowed it to happen. The idiots can only be fired by the people. They deserve to be fired, but the fat man can't do it for them. If Trump even tried the anti-trumpets would be screaming Federal interference. ACLU would be suing. He would be called a racist for trying to change Baltimore.

In this case the idiots are happy to wallow in their own filth and are happy to blame someone else. Why didn't Obama fix Baltimore? The riots happened on his watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies