U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 07:13 PM

14,624 posts, read 7,831,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Baltimore has some serious challenges as a city. However, Cummings has spent most of his career in the House of Representatives attempting to get aid for Baltimore and supporting social programs that assist the poor elements that live inside. Cummings is easily reelected in his district. The people there are the best judge of what they need--not Trump and not you.
It's been over 30 years for Cummings, when is he going to accomplish something other than crying about fake racism and blaming other people for his failures?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 07:13 PM

51,001 posts, read 27,001,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
"You're racist!"

Gee, how unoriginal. Come up with some new material.
I didn’t say “you’re racist.”

Old 07-28-2019, 07:14 PM

1,812 posts, read 362,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I didn’t say “you’re racist.”
Yeah, you're good at circumventing the TOS. Pro tip - there's no need to, your cohorts get away with calling people racists daily on this site.

3,430 posts, read 2,367,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Seems the President should talk to his son in law regarding those” rat infested areas”

https://www.inquisitr.com/5551688/ja...infested-mess/

A chip off the ol' father-in-law. He taught him well. This family's grifts never end.

11,169 posts, read 10,294,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Every city has rats, every city has slums. The fact that Trump's daddy and now Kushner owns slums tells us a lot. But then again most of us already knew that Trump family are knee deep in rats. Figuratively and literally.
And what does it tell us? If you choose your slums carefully, there is a lot of money to be made. I know, some people on the left seem to have a problem with turning a profit, but most people don’t begrudge someone that.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:15 PM

32,303 posts, read 36,939,662 times
Default Take it from the Mayor

Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh was touring some of the congressional district of Elijah Cummings in 2018 when she said:

…”What the hell – we should just take all this **** down. Ooh, you can smell the rats”…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhbx...ature=youtu.be

Old 07-28-2019, 07:17 PM

51,001 posts, read 27,001,663 times
Quote:
Yeah, you're good at circumventing the TOS. Pro tip - there's no need to, your cohorts get away with calling people racists daily on this site.
Again, I didn’t say “you’re racist” or anything akin to it. You just made it up.

Don’t blame TOS circumvention for making a dumb accusation. You simply didn’t know what you were talking about. Nothing to do with the TOS and everything to do with your reading comprehension.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:21 PM

2,330 posts, read 675,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

It's not racist, but the way he expresses himself is so uncouth it's embarrassing. He could have said there were enough problems in Baltimore that Cummings has ignored, so he should pay attention to what's going on in his own house.

Calling it a dump, even if it is, is not what I would call presidential dialogue.
While this could be viewed as fair criticism, would Mr. Cummings have gotten the message as loudly and clearly as he has had Trump used less inflammatory invective?

Probably not.

As a result of Trump's Twitter exchange, Mr. Cummings cannot ignore the results of his own nonfeasance any longer. Nor can anyone else.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:24 PM

9,293 posts, read 9,363,338 times
Quote:
He knows how extremist LWNJs perceive it and he doesn't care. Frankly, neither do I. There's nothing he or I can say to convince you that people who disagree with you aren't evil horrible human beings. So stop whining for an apology. You're not getting one.
I don't expect or want one from that bigot. You know what they say....birds of a feather flock together.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:26 PM

9,293 posts, read 9,363,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It's been over 30 years for Cummings, when is he going to accomplish something other than crying about fake racism and blaming other people for his failures?
When is Trump going to realize Baltimore is part of the USA, that he is president of the USA, and do something about it?

I expect nothing from the pile of trash in the White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or